Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596514 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1905 on: September 04, 2018, 11:59:24 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #1906 on: September 05, 2018, 12:02:16 AM »

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.   

Time to peaceably assemble another baby blimp.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 05, 2018, 01:30:41 AM »

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The In­sti­tute for Sup­ply Man­age­ment on Tues­day said its man­u­fac­tur­ing in­dex rose to 61.3 in Au­gust, the high­est level since May 2004, from 58.1 in July. Sales of fac­tory-made prod­ucts, or new or­ders, out­put and em­ploy­ment all grew at a faster pace in Au­gust.
=============
The GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the third quarter of 2018 is 4.7 percent on September 4, up from 4.1 percent on August 30. The nowcasts of third-quarter real consumer spending growth and third-quarter real private fixed investment growth increased from 3.0 percent and 3.0 percent, respectively, to 3.6 percent and 4.3 percent, respectively, after this morning's construction spending report from the U.S. Census Bureau and this morning's Manufacturing ISM Report On Business from the Institute for Supply Management. The model's estimate of the dynamic factor for August—normalized to have mean 0 and standard deviation 1 and used to forecast the yet-to-be released monthly GDP source data—increased from 0.18 to 1.14 after the ISM report this morning.

https://www.frbatlanta.org/cqer/research/gdpnow.aspx?mod=article_inline

This lovely report contrasted with falling wages and degraded standards of living for working Americans is the clearest indicator of the deep corruption and callous ineptitude of the party in power.

It’s time to throw the bums out.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 05, 2018, 04:19:41 AM »

Kavanaugh showed in about 5 seconds after his finished testimony why he should never be suffered to sit in judgement of anyone. He exposed the whole car pool dad cyo coach sthick to be turned on and off in service of his program of corruption and cruelty just as he flipped on the law and treatment of presidents between Clinton and Bush.

When you watch it, notice Kavanaugh gets up sees Rod Rosenstein getting up a few seats down and immediately turns to start walking in the opposite direction because he can’t look in the eye the man he has promised to shank, and finds Fred Gutenberg walking toward him, open hand extended. Super Dad, not being a front-stabbing caliber of person, tucks tail again, turns, and runs.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 05, 2018, 07:03:43 AM »

Swoosh there goes NIKE sliding down the slippery suicidal corporate slope. There is some serious animosity at the grassroot level.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 05, 2018, 09:28:45 AM »

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - Season 1

A highly recommended adventure series for prime members. Vividly shows the need for strong borders to keep the primitives out. Dirty bombs and biotoxins are now within easy reach of even the mid-level death cultist
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 05, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »

West Wing!!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 05, 2018, 09:39:15 AM »

Needed Rev Franklin ("We are NOT all right!") at the McCain funeral.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 05, 2018, 09:53:35 AM »

And the motherfucker sees strength in ripping us apart.

Nah.

I don't see this.

He is governing as he said/imagined he would if he won.  He proudly serves a nation he loves.

Does he respect everyone?  NO!  That's just not how he is wired.

He proudly serves a nation he loves...ok.  Lets look at that. 

One arena where Trump has been accused of playing Americans against each other is the NFL Kneeling/Protest debate.  Its a debate Trump himself heads, has tweeted about over twenty times, and is his go-to issue when other issues aren't breaking his way politically.  You, kiidcarter8, have posted about this issue, proudly backing the President's position.  So surely on this issue that has taken up so much of the President's time, he must feel it vital that this country he loves address it.  He "proudly" fights against African American athletes protesting during the anthem and you back him.

Trump has also never shied away from publicly, via twitter, taking on a company whose practices he is critical of.  Comcast, Boeing, Amazon, and yeah, ESPN.  All "proudly" attacked for practices that Trump feels are detrimental to the country he so loves.  Right?

So then comes the perfect confluence of those two things...Nike brings in Kaepernick, the guy who started all this making the sacrifice he made a front and center issue in their advertising campaign.  This is no small thing.   People are outraged.  Literally burning their Nike's on the street.

And yet...Trump says nothing.  When asked directly about it, he says he doesn't agree with the decision, thinks it sends a "terrible message" but he supports Nike's first amendment rights.  Surely, kiidcarter8, you were disappointed by that milquetoast response to an issue so vital to the country you both love?   An issue you both proudly stand behind?  What could possibly explain Trump's moderation on this issue?

Trump: "Nike is a tenant of mine. They pay a lot of rent."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/nike-kaepernick-just-do-it-trump-endorsement-tenant-rent-daily-caller.html

...And there it is.  Proof positive that a) his business is more important to him than the country he is so proudly serving and b) that a company can alter the stance of the President of the United States on an issue if they pay him.

And it is just that, kiidcarter8.  Proof.  Proof that your quote above is bullshit.  And that is of course outside of the damage Trump does to our Constitutional Republic daily, but on an issue I know you understand and that I know you can "see."

But you won't admit the above means what it means.  Because you may already know this notion that Trump is serving the country is bullshit.  He is serving the 1%, and throwing enough red meat to another 25-30% to keep them on board.  And you, of course, are eating it up.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 05, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »

And by the way, Nike Town is closed and has been for some time.  Nike may still be paying rent on the space, but won't be for long as it is already planned for another tenant.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #1915 on: September 05, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »

Swoosh there goes NIKE sliding down the slippery suicidal corporate slope. There is some serious animosity at the grassroot level.

Kaepernick gave up a career to make peaceful protests about police brutality and racism.   Very first amendment.  A true American.   I have never owned that brand of shoe,  but now might buy a pair.   Multiply me by a few million,  and I think we've covered the redneck morons who are posting videos of burning Nikes.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1916 on: September 05, 2018, 11:40:15 AM »

Last time I bought a Nike product was in 2002 because their high top football cleats gave son best fit for the price. Before that I bought a pair of white Nikes with gray swoosh and accents for my best friend’s wedding in 1986 as all the groomsmen bought matching shoes for our tuxes so we could really cut up at the reception.

Beyond that, Nike thrives on sweatshop labor.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 05, 2018, 11:53:20 AM »

Last time I bought a Nike product was in 2002 because their high top football cleats gave son best fit for the price. Before that I bought a pair of white Nikes with gray swoosh and accents for my best friend’s wedding in 1986 as all the groomsmen bought matching shoes for our tuxes so we could really cut up at the reception.

Beyond that, Nike thrives on sweatshop labor.
You may want to clue Bart in on the sweatshop angle. He appears ready to lose a liberal credential.

barton

« Reply #1918 on: September 05, 2018, 12:23:50 PM »

Not a neo-Liberal.  Not worried about the sweatshop thing, which indicates I don't check off every box on the party line.  Nike has made some needed reforms on hours and workshop conditions, and pays higher wages than most people in those countries make.  If Nike shut down their satanic mills, some of the laid off people would end up picking through heaps of old electronics down at the dump, extracting platinum and gold with buckets of cyanide solution. 

barton

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 4288