Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995423 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2205 on: September 09, 2018, 10:58:37 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/09/opinions/plaid-shirt-guy-free-expression-obeidallah/index.html

Not enough to be present - you must look enthusiastic behind Trump or his office will replace you.

Insecure? Trump?

hahahaha!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: September 09, 2018, 11:19:26 PM »

I have already voiced my opinion on traffic stops

"Why?  I didnt do anything" needs to NOT be in a white or a black man's vocabulary when stopped.

So often it is - and a problem ensues with the officer.

If a black man goes into it with the thought that "they are fucking with me cause I am black", it doesnt help.  "I dont have to take this" - again - doesnt help.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2207 on: September 09, 2018, 11:29:57 PM »

"Why?  I didnt do anything" needs to NOT be in a white or a black man's vocabulary when stopped.

If a black man goes into it with the thought that "they are fucking with me cause I am black", it doesnt help.  "I dont have to take this" - again - doesnt help.

Bitch, please...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: September 10, 2018, 12:16:01 AM »

Why didn't you respond to the rest of the post?

Why isn't your opinion on traffic stops: "The police should cease stopping black people for being black?"

Why isn't it, "Police should search the cars of black people no more often than they do white people?"

Because, as you have just demonstrated, you are a racist prick.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #2209 on: September 10, 2018, 12:27:21 AM »

I don't think drugs do people any good,  but I think it's better to allow drug decriminalization than have discriminatory enforcement of law -- which makes a mockery of justice.   To have a society based on the rule of law you have to have true equality of all citizens WRT to the law.   Without it,  you've got shit.   When cops and prosecutors make a travesty of justice,  they are the real enemies of the people.   

barton

« Reply #2210 on: September 10, 2018, 12:32:03 AM »

And lol kidcarter telling black people how they should think.   He should write and publish a newsletter, How to be Black in America.   With a special issue on How To Help the Police by Thinking the Best Thoughts.   Kid,  you would have made a great apparatchik for Stalin!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: September 10, 2018, 12:38:31 AM »

---We wondered why so many more blacks are going to prison for drug offenses.

They're more likely to get caught selling drugs, as Michael Tonry, professor of law at the University of Minnesota, told us back in February. "Whites are more likely to sell to people they know, and they much more often sell behind closed doors. Blacks sell to people they don't know and in public, which makes them vastly easier to arrest."

Blacks arrested for drugs are more likely to be sent to jail because they're more likely to have had a previous run-in with the law. Police tend to patrol high-crime areas more aggressively, which tend to be the poor areas, which have a higher proportion of minorities. Thus, they're more likely to be stopped for something and have a rap sheet once a drug charge comes along.---

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/jul/13/van-jones/van-jones-claim-drug-use-imprisonment-rates-blacks/
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: September 10, 2018, 01:33:43 AM »

Until a manual recount of all votes in the 2016 election is completed and published and proves otherwise, those Americans with common sense maintain that trump lost, he is not President, and the United States is currently operating without its President. Since a good number of red states have destroyed their paper records or declined to keep any in the first place, The is no way to prove trump didn’t lose. Trump spending the whole of the last two years demonstrating what an enormous fucking loser he is just serves to drive the point home.

Kid wants an apartheid state. He will follow any loser who promises to get him there.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 10, 2018, 02:29:17 AM »

---We wondered why so many more blacks are going to prison for drug offenses.

They're more likely to get caught selling drugs, as Michael Tonry, professor of law at the University of Minnesota, told us back in February. "Whites are more likely to sell to people they know, and they much more often sell behind closed doors. Blacks sell to people they don't know and in public, which makes them vastly easier to arrest."

Blacks arrested for drugs are more likely to be sent to jail because they're more likely to have had a previous run-in with the law. Police tend to patrol high-crime areas more aggressively, which tend to be the poor areas, which have a higher proportion of minorities. Thus, they're more likely to be stopped for something and have a rap sheet once a drug charge comes along.---

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/jul/13/van-jones/van-jones-claim-drug-use-imprisonment-rates-blacks/

Listening to your apologetics for racism is appalling.

Why are they stopped?

They are not being stopped for anything, Luee, except for being black. Don't you read?

Let's try again:
But in investigatory stops, a black man age twenty-five or younger has a 28 percent chance of being stopped for an investigatory reason over the course of a year; a similar young white man has a 12.5 percent chance, and a similar young white woman has only a 7 percent chance. And this is after taking into account other possible influences on being stopped, like how you drive. Police focus investigatory stops on younger people, and so as people grow older they are less likely to be stopped in this way. But a black man must reach fifty—well into the graying years—before his risk of an investigatory stop drops below that of a white man under age twenty-five. Overall, black drivers are nearly three times more likely than whites to be subjected to investigatory stops.

They didn't do anything.

They are then more likely to be searched, among those who are stopped.

Your excuses don't fly.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: September 10, 2018, 02:35:21 AM »

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fsd0512.pdf

What we find is that black males receive harsher sentences than white males after accounting
for the facts surrounding the case
, and we also find that the sentencing disparity has grown over the 8
years since Booker.

Among the facts is prior record and specifics of the crime at hand.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 10, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »

Has to do with pre-civil War slavery? Anyhow tomorrow marks the anniversary of the "great victory in Manhattan" for the violent xenophobic primitives . A new memorial is being put up in Pennsylvania honoring the heroes of flight 93. 9-11 changed everything.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: September 10, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »

You seriously think that impacted under 1% of the voters - to have that letter come out so soon before the election and then have the media dedicate its coverage to that issue for the remainder of the campaign?

They didn't

But regardless, no.  The tide was too strong.  Hilary ignored her opponent for too long and neglected a portion of the electorate.  They celebrated way too early.

And USA is better for it.

How would that be factually established?   Hard to compare an actual presidential term to one that didn't happen.   We have, not to burden this chat with logic or anything,  zero knowledge of a Hillary presidency.

And likely never will, thankfully.

But I applaud her years of service.  Made her a rich woman.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: September 10, 2018, 09:04:31 AM »

Why didn't you respond to the rest of the post?

Why isn't your opinion on traffic stops: "The police should cease stopping black people for being black?"

Why isn't it, "Police should search the cars of black people no more often than they do white people?"

Because, as you have just demonstrated, you are a racist prick.

".....if police arrest you for conduct arising out of a traffic stop, usually a search of vehicle will be allowed."

Like I said - know how to act.

Also...

States are free to provide even more protections to an individual's privacy rights.  They could pass laws placing greater restrictions on police when it comes to searching vehicles.

Criminal.Findlaw.com

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: September 10, 2018, 09:14:30 AM »

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201809/10/WS5b959577a31033b4f4655081.html

Trump’s “ratings” are bad so he seeks a fake diplomatic breakthrough with North Korea.

That fake breakthrough gives real cover for China to relax sanctions on North Korea.

Trump complains that China is relaxing sanctions on North Korea, for some reason.

Mr “President”, you got played, dope.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 10, 2018, 09:43:21 AM »

Re:  pot usage stats

The polling uses the question, "do you smoke pot?".  Not "do you smoke pot in public"

Are blacks/Latinos more apt to smoke in public?
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 4288