Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995209 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3420 on: September 27, 2018, 02:29:30 PM »

So.......... a man comes forth today and says it was HE that attacked Ms Ford.

I was really hoping a man would come forth and say Kavanaugh sexually assaulted him.

That would really turn the heat up.
Technically, he has not really come forward. I propose the relevant DA subpoena the GOP staffers to learn his identity, charge him with attempted rape, and see if he still says he did it.

statute has passed

Maryland has no statute of limitations for rape,  murder,  or assault.   It's good to factcheck your sources.

oooooooooooo, well,lock him up then, by all means

What was the charge agaiin?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: September 27, 2018, 02:29:49 PM »

Linseedy Graham is an ass. If he has his way, which is really trying to have it both ways, Kavanaugh gets his job. I don't think the GOP is aligned with how the American people will feel. Graham, the cracker brained, is arguing as though this is a criminal proceeding. It isn't. The standard is not any greater than is her testimony credible and does it create any question in your mind or hesitation towards giving Kavanaugh a life time position on the highest court in the land?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: September 27, 2018, 02:30:52 PM »

Grassley's acknowledgement of her "bravery", ad he put it, would be inconsistent with drawing the conclusion that she is not telling the truth.

as she remembers it?

Guess you missed the point. If you think someone is lying, you wouldn't call her brave.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: September 27, 2018, 02:31:41 PM »

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/criminal/criminal-law-basics/maryland-criminal-statutes-of-limitations.html

(if it's considered a felony sexual offense.   If it were a misdemeanor, then of course the SOL is a year)

I think felony is not correct here.  Unless they can show the man had assistance, wielded a weapon, was in the process of committing a certain other crime, etc........

But you obviously know all this

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: September 27, 2018, 02:32:57 PM »

Grassley's acknowledgement of her "bravery", ad he put it, would be inconsistent with drawing the conclusion that she is not telling the truth.

as she remembers it?

Guess you missed the point. If you think someone is lying, you wouldn't call her bravery.

Pol speak.  But no wayofknowing what Grassley thinks

And ....of course - he could believe her - and still vote YAY on confirmation
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:40:57 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: September 27, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »

What will Trump say, now?

He let the door open to rescind the nomination, based on this testimony. He better read the optics right, because getting this wrong will cost him and his pals dearly.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: September 27, 2018, 02:39:09 PM »

GRAHAM 2024!!!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: September 27, 2018, 02:44:52 PM »

So.......... a man comes forth today and says it was HE that attacked Ms Ford.

I was really hoping a man would come forth and say Kavanaugh sexually assaulted him.

That would really turn the heat up.
Technically, he has not really come forward. I propose the relevant DA subpoena the GOP staffers to learn his identity, charge him with attempted rape, and see if he still says he did it.

statute has passed
Maryland has no statute of limitations for rape,  murder,  or assault.   It's good to factcheck your sources.
At the time of the alleged incident, I believe that Maryland did in fact have a Statute of Limitations for the reporting of the crime. One year.  And that Statute would govern here.  It would be a very difficult, if not impossible, hurdle to beat.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:46:46 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: September 27, 2018, 02:48:28 PM »

GRAHAM 2024!!!
Who said Kiid doesn't have a sense of humor?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: September 27, 2018, 02:49:16 PM »

Whew!  Lindsey with the gloves off:

Well let me put it this way to my Republican colleagues. If this becomes the new standard where you have an accusation for weeks, you drop it right before the hearing, you withhold from the committee a chance to do this in a professional timely fashion. When they say they’re going to do this is to delay the vote, get the Senate back in 2018 so they can fill the seat. I don’t want to publicly reward that kind of behavior. I think we’ve been very fair. And to my Republican colleagues. If you can ignore everything in this record an allegation that’s 35 years old, that’s uncertain in time, place, date and no corroboration. If that’s enough for you, God help us all as Republicans. Because this happens to us, but this never happens to them. Let me tell my democratic friends, if this is the new norm, you better watch out for your nominees.

Merrick Garland says hi.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: September 27, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »

11 angry men and the skirt they hid behind couldn't handle the truth as testified under oath by Ms Ford.

Its a shame they had no say in the process.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: September 27, 2018, 02:53:52 PM »

and fwiw Judge Choirboy is going to have to do a whole lotta 'splaining about the allegations of several people who knew him WBW.

and screw Graham, he's more concerned about how the truth came out than that it finally came out.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: September 27, 2018, 02:59:54 PM »

Any jokes I make about Lindsey Graham would be dimly viewed, so I won't make any.

I'd be interested, though, in learning how the Senate's biggest never-Trumper "evolved" into the Senate's biggest always-Trumper.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: September 27, 2018, 03:03:18 PM »

Any jokes I make about Lindsey Graham would be dimly viewed, so I won't make any.

I'd be interested, though, in learning how the Senate's biggest never-Trumper "evolved" into the Senate's biggest always-Trumper.

Lindsey is the dutchess of South Trumpistan.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: September 27, 2018, 03:05:54 PM »

yank you know via social circles (whatever?) any of the Prep party boys?
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 4288