Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584609 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4575 on: October 17, 2018, 06:02:41 PM »

Wow Red. That last post seems to imply you have firm policy preferences in regards to trade. What set of policies or guiding principles do you support in US trade policy? Does it relate to policy preferences you might hold in other areas?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #4576 on: October 17, 2018, 06:58:14 PM »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/artcarden/2018/05/04/1100-economists-no-trump-tariffs/#1bc26dbd40fb

1100 economists from all parts of the political spectrum agree on the stupidity of Trumpian trade policy.
Actually if I had become an Economist I could be  number 1101 , at least on the point of tariffs.
Its the main reason I did not vote for Trump. And I could not hold my nose and vote for Hilary since her position on trade was just as bad( as we have discussed here before)

Thanks.   And tariffs (and attendant trade war)  are a cornerstone of Trumponomics, yes?  And Trump,  not HRC,  is POTUS, yes?   So,  who do you like for 2020? 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: October 17, 2018, 06:59:09 PM »

Support republicans, support racism.

Defeat republicans, defeat racism.

It’s that simple

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm

LOL

It's the Left today that seems quite relaxed about [some say cheering on] all the racism being rained upon White people in the 'Christian West' today.

Poor privileged baby. Can't stand others getting equal treatment to you?

So sad.

Nah...I'm quite happy for them...to get the same treatment as me...not better treatment.
That wasn't the deal...the deal was equality.

You wouldn't recognize equality if it up and bit you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: October 17, 2018, 07:01:18 PM »

It’s that simple

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm

LOL

It's the Left today that seems quite relaxed about [some say cheering on] all the racism being rained upon White people in the 'Christian West' today.

So sad.

Nah...I'm quite happy for them...to get the same treatment as me...not better treatment.

...after having bitten everyone else.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #4579 on: October 17, 2018, 07:11:30 PM »

Granted, it was a point that had me channeling my inner Addison DeWitt, but still.

He can't very well yell "oh Butler! " can he?   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: October 17, 2018, 07:17:33 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/17/health/life-expectancy-forecasts-study-intl/index.html

"We're 64th! We're 64th!"

Making America great again, by reducing our relative life expectancy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: October 17, 2018, 07:37:12 PM »

An interesting read with some clues to the origins of our current travails

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-postwar-housing-boom-wasnt-all-sunshine-and-roses?ref=scroll
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: October 17, 2018, 08:09:27 PM »

It’s that simple

LOL

So sad.

In the 1967 referendum, I voted 'Yes' to give Aboriginal Australians equality.
Why did they need to be made equal under the law?
Because up until then, since 1788 when the First [Convict] Fleet arrived from Britain...it had been "guns beat spears" with the spears people overseen/dealt with by the govt's "Flora and Fauna" dept.

I recognise modern times discrimination when I see it;

https://www.news.com.au/news/white-men-can-go-jump/news-story/98b5ec7fc83f0b845a1623d274ed58ec

Discrimination against white males will soon be encouraged

But the proposed changes go much further, allowing the commission to inquire into discrimination, seize documents and search and enter premises after attempts to bring about change have failed.

Businesses and individuals would be required to change their ways even if a complaint had not been received.
Action could be taken where an unlawful act was "likely to occur", not just in cases where discrimination has taken place.

The first raft of changes to the Equal Opportunity Act were introduced into Parliament last week.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: October 17, 2018, 08:15:15 PM »

For Bambu:

http://www.atimes.com/article/australia-toys-with-immigrant-ban-for-big-cities/

Doesn't surprise me one bit.
It's what happens when useless politicians force things on the People they don't want or need.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: October 17, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1052641581650640903

Whistling in the dark.

His grasp of reality remains profoundly absent.

This one is right there with his largest crowd, most jobs created, and other statements that are figments of his imagination.

And yours.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: October 17, 2018, 11:17:31 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: October 18, 2018, 12:08:36 AM »

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/trump-i-have-a-natural-instinct-for-science.html

Trump says his "natural instinct for science" tells him that climate science is wrong.

The man is a walking, talking illustration of the Dunning Kruger effect.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: October 18, 2018, 12:10:25 AM »

In America they have   Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Stevie Wonder.

In Australia we have  No hope, No cash...and no bloody wonder!

Wish we in Australia had Trump!
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 4288