Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870379 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4905 on: October 24, 2018, 03:36:03 PM »

California has lost more than half a million jobs to China — more than any other state, report says

By MARGOT ROOSEVELT
OCT 23, 2018 | 3:00 AM

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-china-trade-20181023-story.html

-------------

Bad trade deals have really hurt California. Even Canada was stealing jobs from California, they stole the automobile manufacturing plant from Van Nuys, and Canada has been stealing film and television jobs, etc. Everyone has been stealing jobs from California. California experienced more than just a recession, it was like the great depression in many areas. I myself was homeless for two years, I had to live in my pickup truck, and I was never able to do what I went to school to do, I went to school to be an actor and a filmmaker.

Anyhow, there is a lot of hard work to do in order to make things better. And not only do we need to fix trade deals with China, we need to fix trade deals with everyone. And we need to be able to sell California cheese in Canada again without high import tariffs, etc. What we have is worth improving. We can compete with the whole world on a level playing field, but what we have right now is not level. And Californians love to live good lives, and California is a proud state. Right now we are all living in group homes, or on government aid, or barely getting by. If it was not for Social Security and welfare and stuff, and Section 8 Housing, etc, then it would really be bad.

And NO WALL! Mexico is Calfiornia's number one trade partner. Without Mexico we would be in even worse shape. Mexico is on our team. We need to expand trade with Mexico, and we need to have a GOOD NEIGHBOR policy so that they can live and work and go to school and stuff in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

Youa re a survivor, Tony.

Props to you.

But I ask - how bad do you THINK it will get in Cali if RULE OF LAW continues to be ignored?

Really? Trade pacts are killing yoiur state?  Really?  This is what you are going with?

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: October 24, 2018, 03:36:12 PM »

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/us-migrant-caravan-shaping-up-to-be-trumps-tampa/news-story/1d1245117e9406b6cd4d6a4944e8634b

US migrant ‘caravan’ shaping up to be Trump’s Tampa

THE MV Tampa, which sailed to the rescue of Prime Minister John Howard in 2001 has been reanimated, this time in the form of a human caravan making its way toward the American border and promising political deliverance for US President Donald Trump.

It was seventeen years ago that then-PM Howard ruthlessly exploited the arrival of 433 people, mostly Hazaras from Afghanistan, into Australian waters on the Norwegian freighter the MV Tampa.
Crammed on to the decks of the ship skipped by Arne Rinnan, they had been picked up around 140 kilometre north of Christmas Island after their boat sank.

Howard told them to go back to Indonesia. When Rinnan refused and entered Australian territorial waters, Howard sent in the Special Air Service Regiment.

It was in that period Howard gave us a famous line in his October 28 federal election launch speech which became part of the national vernacular.
Australians were the most open hearted and generous people on the planet, taking in more refugees per capita basis than any nation except Canada, Howard declared.

“But we will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come!’’

#####

Simple really.
No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.
If Trump let's them in, he's finished politically.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:40:39 PM by bambu-wisdom »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: October 24, 2018, 05:30:04 PM »

California has lost more than half a million jobs to China — more than any other state, report says

By MARGOT ROOSEVELT

-------------

Bad trade deals have really hurt California. Even Canada was stealing jobs from California, they stole the automobile manufacturing plant from Van Nuys, and Canada has been stealing film and television jobs, etc. Everyone has been stealing jobs from California. California experienced more than just a recession, it was like the great depression in many areas. I myself was homeless for two years, I had to live in my pickup truck, and I was never able to do what I went to school to do, I went to school to be an actor and a filmmaker.

Anyhow, there is a lot of hard work to do in order to make things better. And not only do we need to fix trade deals with China, we need to fix trade deals with everyone. And we need to be able to sell California cheese in Canada again without high import tariffs, etc. What we have is worth improving. We can compete with the whole world on a level playing field, but what we have right now is not level. And Californians love to live good lives, and California is a proud state. Right now we are all living in group homes, or on government aid, or barely getting by. If it was not for Social Security and welfare and stuff, and Section 8 Housing, etc, then it would really be bad.

And NO WALL! Mexico is Calfiornia's number one trade partner. Without Mexico we would be in even worse shape. Mexico is on our team. We need to expand trade with Mexico, and we need to have a GOOD NEIGHBOR policy so that they can live and work and go to school and stuff in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

Youa re a survivor, Tony.

Props to you.

But I ask - how bad do you THINK it will get in Cali if RULE OF LAW continues to be ignored?

Really? Trade pacts are killing yoiur state?  Really?  This is what you are going with?

As the economy improves as we create more fair trade pacts, then we need to give the new factories tax breaks for hiring formerly homeless people, and for hiring people who are on government aid, etc. And also, if you come to California and film here using all local workers then you need to receive a tax break. And if you go to Van Nuys to open a new automobile manufacturing plant, then you need free redevelopment money and tax breaks for hiring local workers, etc, etc,etc. We need to inspire people to create jobs. This is better than the stimulus money because it goes to workers, and towards helping people to sustain themselves. We need to get people off of aid and back into the workforce. 

We also need to build our high speed trains in California as well as high speed trains between Anaheim and Las Vegas. (A high speed train between New York City and Washington D.C. would also be wise.)

We need to level the playing field, and we need to get Americans back to work, and we need to get Californians back to work.

Salute,

Tony V. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: October 24, 2018, 05:49:45 PM »

Your an optimist Tony. Trump has gutted the economy and it’s already starting to fall in on itself. Republicans are figuring out ways to reimpose slavery so they can minimize the personal effect this economic collapse will have on their donors.

That’s why they need to bomb their opposition now. They know back when they were Democrats they lost on slavery in war and in politics.

http://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/dow-poised-for-triple-digit-losses-at-the-open-after-tuesdays-500-point-recovery.html

http://psmag.com/social-justice/taking-freedom-modern-day-slavery
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 05:59:04 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4909 on: October 24, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »

Let's check some facts...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/22/fact-check-trumps-claims-migrant-caravan

No paywall.

When Schumer backs a bill that will strengthen border security and it is NOT ATTACHED to another huge expenditure that his group wants, I will then believe he is serious about border security.

Sure you will...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: October 24, 2018, 07:34:00 PM »

her elitist liberal immigration agenda

Yeah, those elitists who are trying to allow poor, desperate refugees and asylum seekers to apply for that status, as our laws and treaties allow.

Damned elitists!

We are talking about illegal aliens and not immigrants who go through the required process?

No, Luee, you don't get it.

What's happening is that this administration is blocking LEGAL refugees and asylum seekers and in some cases taking away their children.

But... if we had an open border policy (which she does not currently support, even if the "report" that she said something at some paid speech that was not recorded were true), then whomever came then would also not be illegal, either!

So, still, you have to explain to me what makes trying to make it possible for poor people to live in relative safety an "elite" thing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: October 24, 2018, 07:52:32 PM »

---US officials must now say “illegal aliens,” not “undocumented immigrants”---

What part of illegal don't you understand?

https://qz.com/1336110/its-illegal-aliens-not-undocumented-immigrants-says-the-us-department-of-justice/

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: October 24, 2018, 07:58:33 PM »

https://qz.com/1336110/its-illegal-aliens-not-undocumented-immigrants-says-the-us-department-of-justice/

But that's not what's under discussion.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4913 on: October 24, 2018, 08:38:39 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: October 24, 2018, 08:50:25 PM »

Says an illegal cabinet appointee appointed by an illegal president

Speaking of undesirable illegals, Kavanaugh is driving 35% percent of respondents further toward the Democrats against only 27% he is driving further down the road to Hell with republicans. +8% for the good guys.

Luee, the part of thuggish goony junta you don’t understand are taking over the country mainly by tickling your fear spot.

I recommend a cold bath.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: October 24, 2018, 09:00:02 PM »

By MARGOT ROOSEVELT

-------------

Salute,

Tony V.

"California is going to be a Hispanic state...anyone who doesn't like it should leave"- Hispanic leader.

Maybe when the anyones left they took the auto plant and lots of other stuff with them.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:02:24 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: October 24, 2018, 09:12:40 PM »

According to my no1 morning radio host today...some of the asylum-seekers from the Aussie detention centre on Nauru who were resettled in America have told others still on Nauru that, para: "America is different from what we thought it would be...there's no welfare like in Australia, in America you have to work, it's best you stay on Nauru and try to get into Australia or New Zealand." 

LOL

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4917 on: October 24, 2018, 09:37:18 PM »

By MARGOT ROOSEVELT

-------------

Salute,

Tony V.

"California is going to be a Hispanic state...anyone who doesn't like it should leave"- Hispanic leader.

Maybe when the anyones left they took the auto plant and lots of other stuff with them.

“What goes around, comes around.”
— Brett Kavanaugh

You ever wonder why the major cities in California have their names?

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: October 24, 2018, 09:53:14 PM »

The democrats exploded Christine Blasey Ford’s bombshell (at the last minute) to drive a wedge between Republicans and female voters. It backfired. Trump gained 7 per cent in approval ratings and the “ Blue Wave” is but a ripple.

Now the democrats are silent ( scared shitless) on the impending “ caravan” of Honduran illegals which is , in reality, the Kavanaugh nomination all over again.

No wonder NEEDS ADJUSTMENT is awol.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:54:49 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 4288