Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604820 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5760 on: November 07, 2018, 07:18:32 PM »

Cut it out already

Let the guy lead the nation, for God's sake.

LOL

When's he want to start? He's been putting it off for 2 years so far.

Oh, time for another golf trip!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: November 07, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »

Congress can pass gun control, private prison ban, drinking water safety, solar freedom (preventing utilities from squashing solar), and public option bills. They can pass a bill authorizing the post office to operate personal banking services.

While waiting for the corrupt immoral and incompetent Senate to pick any of these bills up, they can investigate the shit out of the trump klan, the dirty dirty GOP, NRA, KKK, GRU, Fox axis, and the petroleum industry as well as all the rapey new GOP judges.

The new American Majority can pass these bills and have the subpoenas flying by Valentines Day.

To what end, pass such bills? To be like the GOP's endless "repeal Obamacare" efforts?
I don’t think you really thought that one through.

Redd, you just plain don't think.

Otherwise, you would explain your "thoughts" when you present them, rather than just firing potshots.

The GOP has shown little to no ability or inclination to govern. For the Dems to put forth random bills like that will not endear them to the American population.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: November 07, 2018, 07:26:35 PM »

Cut it out already

LOL

Maturity continues to not be your strength.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: November 07, 2018, 08:40:36 PM »

Congress can pass gun control, private prison ban, drinking water safety, solar freedom (preventing utilities from squashing solar), and public option bills. They can pass a bill authorizing the post office to operate personal banking services.

While waiting for the corrupt immoral and incompetent Senate to pick any of these bills up, they can investigate the shit out of the trump klan, the dirty dirty GOP, NRA, KKK, GRU, Fox axis, and the petroleum industry as well as all the rapey new GOP judges.

The new American Majority can pass these bills and have the subpoenas flying by Valentines Day.

To what end, pass such bills? To be like the GOP's endless "repeal Obamacare" efforts?

How’d those “ endless repeal bills end up?”

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: November 07, 2018, 08:41:44 PM »

ESPN3!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: November 07, 2018, 08:47:42 PM »

The Central American caravan [to be featured on my tv news tonite] is an invasion...just like Trump says.

An invasion just like in Europe until countries there built fences to stop people calling themselves refugees just walking into/thru countries ...and 'country shopping'.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: November 07, 2018, 08:56:16 PM »

ESPN3!
YankGuy1!

barton

« Reply #5767 on: November 07, 2018, 09:08:41 PM »

Stop.   You're going to start all the dogs barking.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5768 on: November 07, 2018, 09:34:38 PM »

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article114963103.html

No. He got the job to crack down on non existent but widespread voter fraud... and failed... SPECTACULARLY. Last night he was sent packing by the folks in Kansas who got sick of being asked what’s wrong with them for electing GOP dolts and assholes.

From the same month and year of your link.

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/potential-trump-cabinet-member-kris-kobach-takes-press-1789231021
My post goes back to where candidates were being considered.
Just for background.
I doubt you are pleased with anyone Trump ultimately chooses.
Seems to me, though, he might be thinking more on Executive Orders on Immigration with Courts now that he has Courts with new Justices deciding the Constitutionality.

Damn, right I’m not pleased.

He won’t hire anyone on the merits, he’ll hire the guy/gal who owes him.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: November 07, 2018, 09:34:56 PM »

Cut it out already

Why?

I'm pretty sure kid meant, " Let the guy loot the nation. for God's sake."

This is where kiidcarter8 and those like him give away the game.  There is simply no objective argument for letting Trump roam without oversight.  Just the facts:  Refusing to release his tax returns, past business dealings with known criminal Russian oligarchs, known history in money laundering, Tax evasion, Trump University, his now known involvement in campaign finance fraud, numerous high level campaign and cabinet officials indicted…

Not to mention the constant and provable lies and his general belief, admitted to often by him, that the wheels of government are there to serve him and his interests.  Catch the news on how just today the Pentagon is renaming their “operation” at the southern border?  How is that Caravan looking right now, anyway?  And clear that his principle concern with the Democratic takeover of the House is how it will effect investigations of him and his.  Sessions fired only because he refused to (illegally) shield Trump from a legitimate investigation.

A Trump Supporter might argue that all the criminal behavior is in the past.  They can express confidence that he is all above board,  and being straight, and appearance to the contrary (as in, his behaving like he is fucking guilty as hell) is coincidental.  We could disagree on that, but it’s a point of view. 

But to argue that we should just let the guy be?  What possible justification is there for that position?  You give it away…you either don’t care if Trump engages in corrupt/criminal behavior while President, or you think oversight of the Executive is illegitimate.  I’m quite sure (thinking back to all of three years ago)  that it isn’t the later.
I was thinking the more important oversight subject for the democrats is the embarassing job Trump’s makeup technicians do. Can’t they cover the obvious light shades around his eyes from the sun lamp?
I think that hair is far more of an existential crisis for the nation.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: November 07, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »

Cut it out already

LOL

Maturity continues to not be your strength.

This when we're discussing the man who initiated the chant, "Lock her up!" and whose conversation about a woman was that he "moved on her like a son-of-a-bitch" and can grope any woman's pussy?

Not to mention your own great pride at how many people you have on ignore.

And you're discussing my maturity?

Kiid, I get that you live in delusion, but Mr. Trump is the man who declared he would not have any time for golfing and who has spent more days golfing in his nearly two years than any other other president in 4. Possibly 8. This is a president who tweets purile attacks as readily as most infants spit up.

A man who pushes diplomats out of the way so he can be in front for a picture. A man who insults others and calls them names at the drop of a hat.

No, Kiid, my description of him as not governing is not a product of my maturity or lack thereof, but of Trump's failure to govern, but never failing to fear-monger and divide.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5771 on: November 07, 2018, 09:41:03 PM »

The Central American caravan [to be featured on my tv news tonite] is an invasion...just like Trump says.

An invasion just like in Europe until countries there built fences to stop people calling themselves refugees just walking into/thru countries ...and 'country shopping'.

The what? Oh yeah! The Caravan! The Invasion of the Brown Wave...

The one thing Trump didn’t say much about in ninety minutes.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: November 07, 2018, 09:43:02 PM »

Oh, were you not paying attention to how they ended up?

(a) Prior to the end of Obama's presidency, they ended up on the scrap heap, as I intimated.

(b) Subsequent to the inauguration of Trump, they continued to be largely pointless, as the GOP failed repeatedly to "repeal and replace," to the eventual state that GOP congressional candidates were running on a platform of protecting ACA.

What is it about (a) that is attractive to you? A way to keep the Dems busy and out of the way? It doesn't work - they just need a template and keep wasting their time, ala the GOP, if they were so inclined. I am hoping they won't be.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: November 07, 2018, 09:45:04 PM »

Millions of people moved to Europe in a short period of time.

3,500 or so are in this caravan.

"calling themselves refugees"

Yeah, how dare they accurately name themselves!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: November 07, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 4288