Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602387 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5775 on: November 07, 2018, 09:47:30 PM »

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable. It is also completely disrespectful to the reporter's colleagues not to allow them an opportunity to ask a question. President Trump has given the press more access than any President in history. Contrary to CNN's assertions, there is no greater demonstration of the President's support for a free press than the event he held today. Only they would attack the President for not being supportive of a free press in the midst of him taking 68 questions from 35 different reporters over the course of an hour and a half -- including several from the reporter in question. The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it is an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration. As a result of today's incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice." -- Sarah Sanders

Acosta loses all access pass

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/media/trump-cnn-press-conference/index.html

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: November 07, 2018, 09:50:50 PM »

"Washington in battle mode as Trump vows retaliation against Democratic probes"

Maturity has never been his strong suit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: November 07, 2018, 09:54:01 PM »

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable. It is also completely disrespectful to the reporter's colleagues not to allow them an opportunity to ask a question. President Trump has given the press more access than any President in history. Contrary to CNN's assertions, there is no greater demonstration of the President's support for a free press than the event he held today. Only they would attack the President for not being supportive of a free press in the midst of him taking 68 questions from 35 different reporters over the course of an hour and a half -- including several from the reporter in question. The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it is an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration. As a result of today's incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice." -- Sarah Sanders

You might try watching the incident, instead of quoting the Press Liar's statement.

The claim that Trump is supportive is hilarious. The claim that he would not support somebody's putting hands on a young woman is bizarre - he would, so long as it is himself.

I think Acosta behaved inappropriately.

I think Trump did, too.

But you can only see things one-sidedly, the vast bulk of the time.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: November 07, 2018, 10:00:00 PM »

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable.
As usual, Sanders is lying.  Acosta never touched her.

Trump is such a fucking snowflake.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: November 07, 2018, 10:12:31 PM »

https://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-white-house-suspends-jim-acostas-press-credentials/

Yeah, watching it again, Trump is a far bigger embarrassment than Acosta was close to being. His personal attacks and his "enemy of the people" and "fake news" bullshit are revolting.

But you eat it up, Kiid.

barton

« Reply #5780 on: November 07, 2018, 10:15:38 PM »

Peter Baker, the chief White House correspondent for The New York Times, said on Twitter: "This is something I've never seen since I started covering the White House in 1996. Other presidents did not fear tough questioning." 

They had less to hide. 

I have zero trust of anything that comes out of Sanders piehole. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: November 07, 2018, 10:17:05 PM »

Congress can pass gun control, private prison ban, drinking water safety, solar freedom (preventing utilities from squashing solar), and public option bills. They can pass a bill authorizing the post office to operate personal banking services.

While waiting for the corrupt immoral and incompetent Senate to pick any of these bills up, they can investigate the shit out of the trump klan, the dirty dirty GOP, NRA, KKK, GRU, Fox axis, and the petroleum industry as well as all the rapey new GOP judges.

The new American Majority can pass these bills and have the subpoenas flying by Valentines Day.

To what end, pass such bills? To be like the GOP's endless "repeal Obamacare" efforts?
I don’t think you really thought that one through.

Redd, you just plain don't think.
How’d those “ endless repeal bills end up?”

Oh, were you not paying attention to how they ended up?
I was. Obviously you haven’t been.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: November 07, 2018, 10:18:26 PM »

You might try watching the incident, instead of quoting the Press Liar's statement.

The claim that Trump is supportive is hilarious. The claim that he would not support somebody's putting hands on a young woman is bizarre - he would, so long as it is himself.

I think Trump did, too.

Where do you see a comment from me?

Or are you addressing Ms Sanders?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: November 07, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »

"Acosta acted inappropriately"

OK

I happen to think yanking a microphone back when it is being taken from you also constitutes poor and aggressive conduct toward a woman
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:24:49 PM by kiidcarter8 »

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: November 07, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »

OK

I happen to think yanking a microphone back when it is being taken from you also constitutes poor and aggressive conduct toward a woman
Maybe he should have grabbed her by the pussy.  You have no problem with that.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5785 on: November 07, 2018, 10:30:58 PM »

I think Trump did, too.

Acosta et al should have said, ‘Fuck it!” and bolted the room. Quit being stenographers and asking questions when you know he’s gonna lie. No more of this shit. Report on what they do and not what they say.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: November 07, 2018, 10:33:55 PM »

https://www.ecowatch.com/new-zealand-ends-new-offshore-oil-and-gas-drilling-2618531034.html

No new off-shore gas or oil exploration.

100% renewable energy by 2035.

Carbon neutral by 2050.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: November 07, 2018, 10:36:10 PM »

I think Trump did, too.

This one will do just fine:

OK

The observation that you see things one-sidedly came from your only posting Sarah Sanders' take on things.

But fortunately, you decided to underscore my point.

Thank you sooo much!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5788 on: November 07, 2018, 10:40:02 PM »

I think Trump did, too.

This one will do just fine:

OK

The observation that you see things one-sidedly came from your only posting Sarah Sanders' take on things.

But fortunately, you decided to underscore my point.

Thank you sooo much!

Don’t believe for a second this wasn’t a set up.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 4288