Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995866 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6525 on: November 24, 2018, 01:06:38 PM »

“I made a tremendous difference in this country” - President Donald Trump

Hmm, I remember when the big knock on the previous president was his supposed arrogance.

Yes.  But it was never the be all, end all when judging Obama' s performance

The number of "I just don't like him" citizens regarding Trump is staggering.  The dislike supercedes any rational analysis of Trump's performance.

Yeah, sure. Tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6526 on: November 24, 2018, 01:07:12 PM »

Fuck Al Qaeda!

Gotta look out for Al Cracka!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/feds-bust-white-supremacists-with-meth-counterfeit-bills-and-a-rocket-launcher

I wonder who radicalized these folks...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #6527 on: November 24, 2018, 01:22:56 PM »

Hmm, I remember when the big knock on the previous president was his supposed arrogance.

The number of "I just don't like him" citizens regarding Trump is staggering.  The dislike supercedes any rational analysis of Trump's performance.

Surely one of your most inaccurate comments.   Trump is disliked for very concrete and specific reasons, based on what people expect from a potus.  Fraud,  corrupt association,  contempt and bigotry for various ethnic groups and nationalities, temper tantrums that degrade the office and public discourse, ignorance of laws both domestic and international,  misogynistic attacks,  chronic lying,  and treasonous applause, apologetics,  and cooperation  for despotic rulers around the world.  Indeed,  dislike of this president is based firmly on a foundation of performance. 

I would say, if we were just going on personality, I disliked Bill Clinton far more.   Because Clinton knew better.   Clinton was smart enough to be slick,  which I didn't care for.   Trump isn't, and if he were just some ignoramus sitting on the barstool next to me I would sorta get a kick out of him.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: November 24, 2018, 01:23:40 PM »

Kiid didn't like "Mr. Obama" because he was black. Hey this is fun!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: November 24, 2018, 01:45:06 PM »

No it does not. It is based on his performance.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: November 24, 2018, 02:46:54 PM »

America is moving too fast for Kiid. He thinks we should all be in favor of trump’s policies to slow growth and accelerate decay.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: November 24, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »

Actually I liked SENATOR Obama long before any of you did.  And was on his side when so many of you mokes backed the chick.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: November 24, 2018, 03:50:18 PM »

Heh.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »

Actually I liked SENATOR Obama long before any of you did.  And was on his side when so many of you mokes backed the chick.

And now you are deep in the mushroom cloud for which you are vigorously patting yourself on the back.

Well done, Nimrod. Well done.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: November 24, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/mexico-backs-president-donald-trumps-plan-to-overhaul-asylum-rules/ar-BBQ34rS?li=AAgfIYZ&OCID=AVRES000

Mexico 'backs President Donald Trump's plan to overhaul asylum rules'

Mexico's incoming government has reportedly agreed to back the Trump administration's plan to change US border policy.
The plans would require asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims move through American courts.

Citing Mexican officials and senior members of president-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador's transition team, the Washington Post said the agreement would break with long-standing asylum rules and mount a new obstacle to Central American migrants attempting to escape poverty and violence.

Olga Sanchez Cordero, Mexico's incoming interior minister and the top domestic policy official for Lopez Obrador who takes office on December 1, told the newspaper the plan known as Remain in Mexico was a "short-term solution."
"The medium- and long-term solution is that people don't migrate," Mr Sanchez Cordero said.

"Mexico has open arms and everything, but imagine, one caravan after another after another, that would also be a problem for us."

#####

Well there you go.
When the trickle becomes a flood it is overwhelming.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:22:06 PM by bambu-wisdom »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6535 on: November 24, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »

Any of us?

I was behind the guy before he was Senator. His reaction when he got smoked by Bobby Rush was cool. He was chastened and grew in stature exponentially.

He exploded on the national radar with the convention speech in 2004 and ran for the Senate in 2006.

Then when Seven of Nine saved Illinois from her degenerate husband the GOP imported Alan Keyes from Maryland to run against Obama and the rest is history.

The world owes Jeri Ryan...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:28:34 PM by LarryBnDC usetab Knicks12 »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: November 24, 2018, 10:39:50 PM »

Jack Ryan should have stuck with analysis. They always said field work would get him in trouble, and it did.

He has a new wife. Don’t need to know what they get up to. Thanks all the same.

Is there a potential map to win the electoral college losing the popular vote by 9%, say 11 million raw votes? This would be the 2020 outcome on the conservative edge of the current trajectory.

Does the maggot swamp have any way to improve its image given the constraints of trump and the GOP’s many unsavory obligations, not to mention gross and disturbing predictions?

The most urgent question is how best to limit the damage this dying crime syndicate does in its quest for tyranny.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: November 24, 2018, 10:57:46 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/mexico-backs-president-donald-trumps-plan-to-overhaul-asylum-rules/ar-BBQ34rS?li=AAgfIYZ&OCID=AVRES000

Mexico's incoming government has reportedly agreed to back the Trump administration's plan to change US border policy.
The plans would require asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims move through American courts.

Citing Mexican officials and senior members of president-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador's transition team, the Washington Post said the agreement would break with long-standing asylum rules and mount a new obstacle to Central American migrants attempting to escape poverty and violence.

Olga Sanchez Cordero, Mexico's incoming interior minister and the top domestic policy official for Lopez Obrador who takes office on December 1, told the newspaper the plan known as Remain in Mexico was a "short-term solution."
"The medium- and long-term solution is that people don't migrate," Mr Sanchez Cordero said.

"Mexico has open arms and everything, but imagine, one caravan after another after another, that would also be a problem for us."

#####

Well there you go.

---Asylum seekers hoping to enter the United States will be required to wait in Mexico while their claims are processed, according to a new deal reportedly struck between the Trump administration and Mexico’s incoming government.---

Wonderful but unexpected.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6538 on: November 25, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »

#####

Well there you go.

---Asylum seekers hoping to enter the United States will be required to wait in Mexico while their claims are processed, according to a new deal reportedly struck between the Trump administration and Mexico’s incoming government.---

Wonderful but unexpected.

Some chickens are still eggs...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/incoming-mexican-government-denies-deal-hold-asylum-seekers-mexico-n939711

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 4288