Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612073 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #10125 on: February 20, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »

Who here remembers the fuss over an ex-president possibly discussing an investigation into his wife with the AG because they talked before getting into a plane?

I bet REDSTATEWARD does. Cause he is so concerned with “principles.”

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/19/politics/donald-trump-whitaker-berman/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #10127 on: February 20, 2019, 01:42:09 PM »

Off topic: Your childhood is officially ruined forever:

https://news.avclub.com/remember-the-banana-splits-well-now-theyre-murderers-1832739879

[reposted with working link]

I must be too old - don't remember the Splits.  Looks like they first aired when I was around 12.  I feel like there's some parallel to the Monkees.  Y'know, bananas --> monkeys. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10128 on: February 20, 2019, 01:44:17 PM »

”At the individual voter level, fraud is so rare that it effectively does not exist.

What appears to have happened in North Carolina is a different problem: an organized and willful effort to tamper with ballots. Not voter fraud, but election fraud.This scheme tested North Carolina’s election integrity system, including chain of custody protections and other checks and balances — and that system succeeded. After all, the discrepancy was discovered through the due diligence of election officials.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/02/20/why-doesnt-voter-fraud-crowd-care-about-what-happened-north-carolina/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10129 on: February 20, 2019, 01:48:30 PM »

Off topic: Your childhood is officially ruined forever:

https://news.avclub.com/remember-the-banana-splits-well-now-theyre-murderers-1832739879

[reposted with working link]

I must be too old - don't remember the Splits.  Looks like they first aired when I was around 12.  I feel like there's some parallel to the Monkees.  Y'know, bananas --> monkeys.

We’re about the same age but I remember that era of Saturday morning shows because my brother is eight years younger.

Hell, I thought the story was gonna say some septuagenarian actors we’re going down for murder.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: February 20, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1098058088299614208

Heh

Doesnt matter.  They love their AOC.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: February 20, 2019, 07:02:54 PM »

On Jussie Smollett.

I feel like he fucked up Black History Month, bro,” said Cardi B. “Goddam.”

LZ Granderson-CNN

We know the “who.” It’s the rea­son the story gath­ered na­tional at­ten­tion in the first place. . . . But we may not have much in­ter­est in the “why,” be­cause there can­not pos­si­bly be a jus­ti­fi­able rea­son to fab­ri­cate a story about be­ing as­saulted with a noose by al­leged racists.
At this point, the only ques­tion of im­por­tance is “what?” As in what will the LGBTQ com­mu­nity do with Jussie Smol­lett if his ac­count of be­ing at­tacked by big­ots in Jan­uary is not true.
I continue to hold a sliver of hope that the dots that continue to feel so far apart will eventually connect and the picture before us will show he was telling the truth all along.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10134 on: February 20, 2019, 07:25:32 PM »

On Jussie Smollett.

LZ Granderson-CNN

We know the “who.” It’s the rea­son the story gath­ered na­tional at­ten­tion in the first place. . . . But we may not have much in­ter­est in the “why,” be­cause there can­not pos­si­bly be a jus­ti­fi­able rea­son to fab­ri­cate a story about be­ing as­saulted with a noose by al­leged racists.
At this point, the only ques­tion of im­por­tance is “what?” As in what will the LGBTQ com­mu­nity do with Jussie Smol­lett if his ac­count of be­ing at­tacked by big­ots in Jan­uary is not true.
I continue to hold a sliver of hope that the dots that continue to feel so far apart will eventually connect and the picture before us will show he was telling the truth all along.   

Yeah... and?

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: February 20, 2019, 07:35:43 PM »

On Jussie Smollett.

LZ Granderson-CNN

Yeah... and?
NY Times news headline minutes ago

Jussie Smollett Labeled a Suspect by Chicago Police

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: February 20, 2019, 07:59:22 PM »

Well.
The Bill of Rights Lives and Breathes!
Thank you SCOTUS( unanimous)!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: February 20, 2019, 08:20:32 PM »

Smollett Charged For A Felony

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: February 20, 2019, 08:21:10 PM »

On Jussie Smollett.

LZ Granderson-CNN

Yeah... and?
The squirrels have gotten in the attic again.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: February 20, 2019, 08:29:12 PM »

CHICAGO -- "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with one count of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office said Wednesday evening.

Awaiting responses from Harris, Booker, et al.

Not staying up.

It’s a good day for the rule of law.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 4288