Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604919 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #11505 on: March 18, 2019, 06:06:17 PM »

The idea that Anning's deeply divisive and hate-promoting words, and mooshing an egg in someone's hair, are remotely on the same moral plane is ludicrous. 

One may result in a five minute trip to the washroom, a few wet paper towels.

The other may result in the virulent spread of hatred and violence through a population of millions.

One was a bit childish, the other was a full frontal assault on the humanity of millions of people and a vile slur on the innocent victims of a mass murder.

You are really focusing on the wrong act of violence here, Dingo-dinner.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: March 18, 2019, 06:20:13 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/john-oliver-defends-egg-boy-against-a-le-aussie-senator-in-wake-of-new-zealand-mosque-shootings/ar-BBUUjrE?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

John Oliver Defends 'Egg Boy'

Australia's beloved 'egg boy'.

#####

Not the first clue this article.

'Egg boy' was violent, hit someone in the back of the head when they were totally not expecting to be hit/smashed in the head with an egg.
All captured on his phone.

"Coward's punch"...many people have been quick to point out.
If Oliver is supporting this violence, violence inflicted on a Senator of the Australian parliament ...then he stands condemned.

Wonder if he supports someone hitting the US President in the back of the head with an egg, with a "coward's punch", at a media conference?
What is funny is that you missed the irony in Oliver's comments, even after.the article literally spelled it out for you.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: March 18, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »

The idea that Anning's deeply divisive and hate-promoting words, and mooshing an egg in someone's hair, are remotely on the same moral plane is ludicrous. 

The other may result in the virulent spread of hatred and violence through a population of millions.

One was a bit childish, the other was a full frontal assault on the humanity of millions of people and a vile slur on the innocent victims of a mass murder.

Senator Anning issued a statement after the terror attack the other day in NZ.
He put his name to it, so he owns it, and lives it...every word of it.

Part of his statement reads:

'I am utterly opposed to any form of violence within our community, and I totally condemn the actions of the gunman,' he said.

'However, whilst this kind of violent vigilantism can never be justified, what it highlights is the growing fear within our community, both in Australia and New Zealand, of the increasing Muslim presence.

Some people might agree with him, others might not.

I know not of New Zealand.
Living and breathing 'Australia' every day...if you were to ask me: "Is their growing fear within your community in Australia of the increasing Muslim presence?".
I would answer; "Judging by what callers to talk-back radio say, I read in the newspapers, and hear moving around society, there seems to be. The fear seems to increase after every terrorist attack occurs and every terror plot is discovered, and decreases in between."

Another terror trial commenced in Sydney yesterday;

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/sermon-found-on-phones-of-brothers-accused-of-planning-to-blow-up-plane-with-meat-mincer/news-story/3301d5169eec396d9b2988c7978db534

Two brothers accused of plotting to blow up a Sydney plane with a bomb hidden in a meat mincer both had a sermon on their phones which said: “Oh god bring down the aeroplanes”.

The NSW Supreme Court heard that a fourth brother was in Syria and had links to Islamic State.
The pair are accused of planning to blow up an Etihad flight from Sydney. Picture: AAP Image/Etihad Airways

XXXXX

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-18/brothers-on-trial-over-meat-mincer-bomb-plot/10912854

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 06:51:53 PM by bambu-wisdom »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: March 18, 2019, 07:07:26 PM »

'I am utterly opposed to any form of violence within our community, and I totally condemn the actions of the gunman,' he said.

'However, whilst this kind of violent vigilantism can never be justified, what it highlights is the growing fear within our community, both in Australia and New Zealand, of the increasing Muslim presence.

I know not of New Zealand.
Living and breathing 'Australia' every day...if you were to ask me: "Is their growing fear within your community in Australia of the increasing Muslim presence?".
I would answer; "Judging by what callers to talk-back radio say, I read in the newspapers, and hear moving around society, there seems to be. The fear seems to increase after every terrorist attack occurs and every terror plot is discovered, and decreases in between."

Another terror trial commenced in Sydney yesterday;

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/sermon-found-on-phones-of-brothers-accused-of-planning-to-blow-up-plane-with-meat-mincer/news-story/3301d5169eec396d9b2988c7978db534

Two brothers accused of plotting to blow up a Sydney plane with a bomb hidden in a meat mincer both had a sermon on their phones which said: “Oh god bring down the aeroplanes”.

The NSW Supreme Court heard that a fourth brother was in Syria and had links to Islamic State.
The pair are accused of planning to blow up an Etihad flight from Sydney. Picture: AAP Image/Etihad Airways

XXXXX

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-18/brothers-on-trial-over-meat-mincer-bomb-plot/10912854

"While this kind of violence cannot be justified, here is the justification for it. The other folks have no justification for theirs. It came out of the blue."

Yeah, he owns it, all right.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

whiskeypriest

• View Profile

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:17 PM »

Some people agreed with Stalin too. So what?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: March 18, 2019, 07:35:00 PM »

Eggboy got his 15 minutes

But of course Bambu is correct - nobody in the US would rightly support Ms Talib or Ms Omar or Ms Cortez or Mr Booker having the same done to them.

Eggboy's good fortune to not be in a hospital. 

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: March 18, 2019, 07:44:43 PM »

Anning should have the right to say what he did...in that statement.
Obviously he hasn't.
Everyone else on the Right has been silenced, one way or another.

So we on the Right of centre learn the new rules....'be totally silent', 'say nothing'.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: March 18, 2019, 07:45:58 PM »

But of course Bambu is correct - nobody in the US would rightly support Ms Talib or Ms Omar or Ms Cortez or Mr Booker having the same done to them.

Nobody in the U.S? Remember the name Cesar Sayoc? Go outside.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: March 18, 2019, 08:01:30 PM »

He's the new pin up boy of social media...their new hero.
Violence is obviously great in the eyes of some people.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: March 18, 2019, 08:03:28 PM »

His parents must be so darn proud

heh

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: March 18, 2019, 08:16:04 PM »

Obviously he hasn't.
Of course he does. Was he thrown in jail?

So we on the Right of centre learn the new rules....'be totally silent', 'say nothing'.
What you want is to silence the left, not speak your ideas. You want immunity from criticism of your ideas. You want to not be subject.to people expressing negative judgments about you based upon the ideas you Express. That is not going to happen. You are free to spew your racist bile. You are not immune from other people speaking their piece about you.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: March 18, 2019, 08:31:44 PM »

Obviously he hasn't.

What you want is to silence the left, not speak your ideas. You want immunity from criticism of your ideas. You want to not be subject.to people expressing negative judgments about you based upon the ideas you Express. That is not going to happen. You are free to spew your racist bile. You are not immune from other people speaking their piece about you.

Totally not true.

The new rules in my land, I'm talking about.
'Everyone' Right of centre has been silenced.
Any speech about some people at all...has basically been silenced.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: March 18, 2019, 08:49:11 PM »

Obviously he hasn't.

Totally not true.

The new rules in my land, I'm talking about.
'Everyone' Right of centre has been silenced.
Any speech about some people at all...has basically been silenced.
You get.to spew racist drivel. People get to point out your racism. It it the marketplace of ideas.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: March 18, 2019, 09:06:40 PM »

Nobody in the U.S? Remember the name Cesar Sayoc?

Nope.
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 4288