Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584613 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16785 on: July 16, 2019, 05:37:05 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inMiUuGYJGs

What is Omar talking about? White supremacist terrorists blowing up mosques and synagogues (That is not why Homeland security was formed princess). Still in denial about 9-11, Al Qaeda, and Isis.

I noticed you never acknowledged all the stuff you love about the VA under Trump you got from Obama.
  From BHO I only got disrespect. Delays and turndowns of appeals. Apparently it was pervasive.  Veterans were dying while waiting for service according to one scandal. It got really bad near the end of his second term At the emergency room I saw a female doctor chasing a vet out yelling that he was only there for the free lunch. After twenty years I had a comp Dr. ask me who put me on. He was terrible to the vets. Cynical haters all over the place. Big improvement from donald. Comp exams were farmed out and handled by a private agency with courteous caring professionals at the other end. Prior to that Clinton was best to the vets, creating auxiliary clinics and bringing in professionals . W soso.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16786 on: July 16, 2019, 05:59:48 PM »

Bush Cheney & Rummy setup the shit show for you. The last legitimately elected president, Barry Obama, corrected the course. You reaped the fruits while trump was taking bribes to award the honor of killing the VA and liquidating its assets while abandoning its mission (you). The blue wave in 2018 put brakes on that. Your xenophobic stupidity could give him a chance to sell you and your fellow veterans out in 2020, but only if you have no honor or loyalty as strong as your resentments.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16787 on: July 16, 2019, 06:19:24 PM »

What is Omar talking about? White supremacist terrorists blowing up mosques and synagogues (That is not why Homeland security was formed princess). Still in denial about 9-11, Al Qaeda, and Isis.

I noticed you never acknowledged all the stuff you love about the VA under Trump you got from Obama.
  From BHO I only got disrespect. Delays and turndowns of appeals. Apparently it was pervasive.  Veterans were dying while waiting for service according to one scandal. It got really bad near the end of his second term At the emergency room I saw a female doctor chasing a vet out yelling that he was only there for the free lunch. After twenty years I had a comp Dr. ask me who put me on. He was terrible to the vets. Cynical haters all over the place. Big improvement from donald. Comp exams were farmed out and handled by a private agency with courteous caring professionals at the other end. Prior to that Clinton was best to the vets, creating auxiliary clinics and bringing in professionals . W soso.

You stupid racist asshole.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16788 on: July 16, 2019, 06:53:44 PM »

People are leaving California in droves.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16790 on: July 16, 2019, 07:53:35 PM »

Is this also from your stumble bum radio host? The fact that while droves leave even bigger droves continue to arrive makes me think that it is. Things he says tend only to misinform you.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16791 on: July 16, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »

uh............

wow.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16792 on: July 16, 2019, 08:46:59 PM »

The hard times hurt everyone in the USA, along with hurting the people of California. California lost over 500,000 jobs to China alone. Many people cannot tough it out, and they are leaving to go to places where the rent is cheaper, etc. They are going to Nevada, and Oregon, and to Texas, and Idaho, etc. I know people who have gone to Missouri, and to Alabama.

I went to Nevada, and to Florida, and even to Rome, Italy, trying to make money and have a good life, but I could not make any money, so I ended up back in California. California is where my support system is.

But, the schools are great in California, and I studied, and I wrote a poetry book, and I wrote a movie script, so we will see what happens.

California is rising. Things are getting better. And people are fighting back to make things better. We are not going to accept a failing economy and record numbers of homeless people.

I hope to eventually live and do business in Italy, as well as here in California, we will see what happens.

And I love Italian women, maybe I will marry an Italian woman. We will see.

Yes, people are leaving California in droves, but people are also arriving in droves, and California will bounce back, and is bouncing back. Disneyland is expanding like crazy, with a minimum wage of $15.00 per hour. And if we build our high speed train between Anaheim and Las Vegas then things will improve faster.

Salute,

Tony V.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #16793 on: July 16, 2019, 09:06:14 PM »

Strange response. The dude gave you his POV based on his experience. Why so dismissive?

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #16794 on: July 16, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »

Justice Stevens, RIP.

Always remember what he wrote after the FLorida GOP stole the 2000 election:

"Although we may never know with complete certainty the identity of the winner of this year’s Presidential election, the identity of the loser is perfectly clear. It is the Nation’s confidence in the judge as an impartial guardian of the rule of law.”

Yep. Hanging chads vs dimpled. Estupido!

barton

« Reply #16795 on: July 16, 2019, 09:29:43 PM »

Alongside Rep. Justin Amash, who left the Republican Party earlier this month, the four GOP House members who voted for Tuesday's resolution are listed below.
Rep. Will Hurd (TX-23)
Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-01)
Rep. Fred Upton (MI-06)
Rep. Susan Brooks (IN-05)     

Five Republicans (one former) willing to condemn Trumpian behavior.   If Dolt 45 continues at his present level, that number could grow.   As Facility said, blood in the water. 

barton

« Reply #16796 on: July 16, 2019, 09:33:03 PM »

Justice Stevens, RIP.

"Although we may never know with complete certainty the identity of the winner of this year’s Presidential election, the identity of the loser is perfectly clear. It is the Nation’s confidence in the judge as an impartial guardian of the rule of law.”

A stellar jurist.  His dissent against Citizens United should be remembered:

He said the majority had rejected the "common sense of the American people."

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16798 on: July 16, 2019, 10:05:22 PM »

Justice Stevens, RIP.

That’s about when the GOP started operating primarily as a terrorist organization. It no longer has any other reason to exist .

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16799 on: July 16, 2019, 10:21:28 PM »

Strange response. The dude gave you his POV based on his experience. Why so dismissive?

Not really. Y’all keep forgetting my family is military. I know what happened at VA because I was with NBC when the story about the Phoenix VA broke.

All the benefits he described under Trump were implemented by Obama. I understand how he felt my dad and step dad received care under the VA in the 2000s and I saw Bush/Cheney break the system by not gearing up for Afghanistan and Iraq.

I gave him facts that backed up his good feelings about the VA. Those good things were put in place before Trump tried to appoint Dr. Ronny Jackson as the agency head.

https://www.apnews.com/375515aecedb4aed949e4f2eb9c54eb6

But naw. Obama gets only disrespect despite actually making the moves that he likes

So yeah, i went upside his head because he’s a stupid racist asshole.

Meanwhile, how about that theory of the most pivotal battle of the civil war, the battle of Memphis?

Each time you address me I’m gonna demand you back up your bullshit.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 4288