Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1268 1269 [1270] 1271 1272 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584882 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19035 on: August 20, 2019, 09:49:08 PM »

Why? He's just a different kind of ex-President.

Nah

Not yet anyway

Has to talk his wife into running if they want their legacy to be grand

Stay tuned.
Had he championed a tax cut and Joe Biden as his successor Obama would be eligible for elevation to Reagan status.
Oops.

Trump passed one of the largest tax cuts in history and a) it is enormously unpopular and b) just two years later we are scrambling to stave off recession.

That is some legacy.
Should be easy then to elect someone else.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19036 on: August 20, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »

Nah

Not yet anyway

Stay tuned.
Had he championed a tax cut and Joe Biden as his successor Obama would be eligible for elevation to Reagan status.
Oops.

Trump passed one of the largest tax cuts in history and a) it is enormously unpopular and b) just two years later we are scrambling to stave off recession.

That is some legacy.
Should be easy then to elect someone else.

Trump's chances certainly aren't looking good.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19037 on: August 20, 2019, 09:57:47 PM »

Nah

Not yet anyway

Stay tuned.
Oops.

That is some legacy.

Keep up that rant...

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19038 on: August 20, 2019, 10:05:03 PM »

The last time we went from July 15 through Aug. 19 with no named storms in the Atlantic was 1982, according to a Colorado State University meteorology report.

How come Josh is not thanking Climate Change?

Because it was not the frequency of the hurricanes, but their intensity, that was attributed to climate change, nimrod.
What is the average intensity of  ZERO  storms  ?

Weather and climate are two different things, you ignorant putz.
Ah. But only when they don’t match your narrative.
Got it.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19039 on: August 20, 2019, 10:05:49 PM »

Nah

Not yet anyway

Stay tuned.
Oops.

That is some legacy.

Keep up that rant...

You need to listen to what your "president" says more often.  Just today in fact. 

Then go back and read the piece you posted yesterday.  The one that said that 3/4s of economists see a slowdown hitting by 2021.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19040 on: August 20, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »

"Obama got outsmarted"!
Dog bites man.
I'm confident that Obama could match intellects with you, let alone President Nitwit, any day of the week.
Proving what?
That, like Trump, you criticizing Obama's intellect demonstrates even further your lack of one.

Wasn't he AFFIRMATIVE ACTION at Harvard?
I have no idea. And if he was?

I give him credit for doing what he has with his opportunity

Of course now he should be on STIFLE re:  the running of this nation.

Second sentence a non sequitur.  Doesn't follow from the first one at all.   

Professionals have every right to criticize clumsy amateurs who give their profession a bad name.
Ask Obama who wrecked the democrat party. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19041 on: August 20, 2019, 10:10:14 PM »

Good one, Dick Vitale!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19042 on: August 20, 2019, 10:25:32 PM »

“I think the word ‘recession’ is a word that's inappropriate because it's just a word that the — certain people; I'm going to be kind — certain people and the media, are trying to build up because they'd love to see a recession. We're very far from a recession,” the president said.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19043 on: August 20, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »

Just Cheney and Biden among VPs choosing not to run in recent times, right?

Cheney had his health issues

Using your standard that Biden didn't run, then more haven't than have. Mind you, it is unclear to me what you think are modern times. 2 of the last 3 didn't. 3 of the last 5 didn't. That brings us to 1988. 31 years count as recent to you?

Quayle, Rockefeller, and Cheney didn't run. Agnew didn't run, but I suppose he doesn't count. Barkley didn't run.
Bush, Gore, Nixon, and Humphrey ran.

Both of FDR's VPs before Truman ran - one against FDR for the Democratic nomination of 1940! The other, Wallace, ran for the presidency as part of a 3rd party ticket.

Mondale and Biden are in the group that did not run immediately, but did run.

Truman, Ford and Johnson became president before they could run as ex-VPs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19044 on: August 20, 2019, 10:32:59 PM »

“I think the word ‘recession’ is a word that's inappropriate because it's just a word that the — certain people; I'm going to be kind — certain people and the media, are trying to build up because they'd love to see a recession. We're very far from a recession,” the president said.

Nobody wants to see a recession, least of all The Donald.

But quoting him complaining about the use of the word is hilarious coming from you the day after you posted the article from CNN, but a news item about what economists think.

Not the media. Not the Democratic Party.

Economists.

Including Fox News folks and the head of the Fed.

Oh, and the Bond rates - they predicted a recession. Go ahead, Kid - you and Trumpy can debate with history and the market. Knock yourself out.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19045 on: August 20, 2019, 10:34:32 PM »

Nah

Not yet anyway

Stay tuned.
Oops.

That is some legacy.

Keep up that rant...

Keep up that denial.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19046 on: August 20, 2019, 10:36:57 PM »

And he is considering a payroll tax cut for shits and giggles.

Deficit spending currently at a higher stimulus level than it was in 2008, and that was when unemployment was at over 10%.  Trump's enablers in Congress gave him all the toys he wanted, and he still couldn't help but fuck it up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19047 on: August 20, 2019, 10:37:45 PM »

Nah

Not yet anyway

Stay tuned.
Oops.

He cared more about what was good for the country than some bogus legacy.

I know you don't get it.

And Reagan status is not something he aspired or aspires to. Nor should he.
Time 2011.

The Role Model: What Obama Sees in Reagan
Barack Obama realized long ago that Ronald Reagan was a transformational President who reshaped the nation and its politics. Now Obama is fashioning his own presidency to follow the Gipper's playbook

Maybe you need to broaden your research skills.

Maybe you should learn to think about what you are saying.

Wanting to be a transformational president is not about a legacy like the Gipper's but about undoing what the Gipper did.

But believe what you want.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19049 on: August 20, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/politics/donald-trump-russia-g8-g7/index.html

Trump foreign policy work unpopular but proper

Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time....

LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 1268 1269 [1270] 1271 1272 ... 4288