Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876460 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19785 on: September 02, 2019, 06:01:46 PM »

There must be a rich divorcee running around Hollywood/LA somewhere looking for love too.

I want to meet Mahlagha Jaberi, she is 30 years old, she is from Iran but now she lives in San Diego, California, and she is a model, and I think that she would be good as an actress too. She looks like a Disney princess, she is beautiful.

https://www.instagram.com/MAHLAGHAJABERI/

As a producer I could hire her to work on my films. Or, as an actor maybe we can work together, for instance, maybe we could both act in an upcoming "Star Wars" movie, or something like that. And I suggested her to a buddy for an upcoming music video.

We can waltz around the world having fun, and we can help orphans, and we can do lots of good things.

We could get married, have kids, and build an empire.

We could be the kind of power couple who dines with the Pope.

And we could buy the house where I used to live in Malibu, And we can have homes in Italy, and around the world.

If you are going to dream, dream big.

Salute,

Tony V.

A beautiful, 30 yr old model?
It's my observation that such women would be looking to marry a very rich man, the more handsome and well-connected the better.
I was thinking more along the lines of someone attainable, say a rich "no longer 30" gal looking for a toy boy who's not too young.
An "I'll sign a pre-relationship agreement so you'll know I'm not a gold-digger" line might work.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19786 on: September 02, 2019, 06:24:36 PM »

There must be a rich divorcee running around Hollywood/LA somewhere looking for love too.

I want to meet Mahlagha Jaberi, she is 30 years old, she is from Iran but now she lives in San Diego, California, and she is a model, and I think that she would be good as an actress too. She looks like a Disney princess, she is beautiful.

https://www.instagram.com/MAHLAGHAJABERI/

As a producer I could hire her to work on my films. Or, as an actor maybe we can work together, for instance, maybe we could both act in an upcoming "Star Wars" movie, or something like that. And I suggested her to a buddy for an upcoming music video.

We can waltz around the world having fun, and we can help orphans, and we can do lots of good things.

We could get married, have kids, and build an empire.

We could be the kind of power couple who dines with the Pope.

And we could buy the house where I used to live in Malibu, And we can have homes in Italy, and around the world.

If you are going to dream, dream big.

Salute,

Tony V.

A beautiful, 30 yr old model?
It's my observation that such women would be looking to marry a very rich man, the more handsome and well-connected the better.
I was thinking more along the lines of someone attainable, say a rich "no longer 30" gal looking for a toy boy who's not too young.
An "I'll sign a pre-relationship agreement so you'll know I'm not a gold-digger" line might work.

I am a trained actor...

First I attended AVC and received an Associate in Arts degree.

https://www.avc.edu/aboutavc/campushistory 

Then I attended the AADA.

https://www.aada.edu/about/history-and-heritage/ 

Women love actors.

And I am a screenplay writer, and a poet, and I am trying to be a film producer, and then I want to invest in a winery, and a night club, etc. 

Like my buddy Jon said, I can get the hot women after I succeed.

And I am not a gold digger, I already have my own movie script, and my poetry book, once I get going I will have my own money.

Like my Mother says too, my woman and I can make money together as a team.

We will see what happens.

When I find the right woman everything will work out.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19787 on: September 02, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »

Love is strange. Who’s to say what’s possible?

Tony, in the old days rich people’s charity was overhyped. The damage and misery they caused by accelerating their accumulation of wealth and power at the expense of the vast anonymous majority of their contemporaries was, as much as wealth and power allows, swept under the rug.

They had big rugs in the old days.

Still do. Just ask Jim.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #19788 on: September 02, 2019, 09:24:16 PM »

Capitalism is an economic system.  When we turned it into an ethos and a measure of the value of civilization, that was pretty much handing things over to the shoulder devil. 

Tony, if you find a woman who doesn't give a shit about money, you've found one of the real ones.   Take up archery and then impress her by shooting apples off her head.   This is also a good trust builder!   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19790 on: September 02, 2019, 10:00:36 PM »

Capitalism is an economic system.
No shit? 
When turned it into an ethos and a measure of the value of civilization, that was pretty much handing things over to the shoulder devil. 
Just who is “ we” and when did this happen?

Tony, if you find a woman who doesn't give a shit about money, you've found one of the real ones.
Let that one sink in for a minute.   
This from a poster who considers economic growth akin to a cancer.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19791 on: September 02, 2019, 10:07:39 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19792 on: September 02, 2019, 10:35:40 PM »

It would be more accurate to say Barton considers wealth accumulation at the expense of workers, customers, those who reside in proximity to a enterprise facility or the human friendly homeostasis of the biosphere to be cancerous. He’d agree that capitalist enterprises can be run as holistic positives, and many are. He also thinks smart regulations can make many businesses less cancerous AND more successful.

Then again, I know this because I read and understand Barton’s posts. There aren’t many around here who believe you really have the ability to do either of those things.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #19793 on: September 03, 2019, 12:48:15 AM »

Tony, in the old days rich people’s charity was overhyped. The damage and misery they caused by accelerating their accumulation of wealth and power at the expense of the vast anonymous majority of their contemporaries was, as much as wealth and power allows, swept under the rug.

The other day I saw a quote attributed to Teddy Roosevelt on that.
Something like:
All the charity of the rich cannot come close to matching the harm and misery they've caused accumulating such wealth.

I'll need to look for the exact quote and check if it's really TR, but sounds like the kind of thing he said.  He railed against great wealth accumulation and how exploitative and distorting it was.  The (1st) Gilded Age and all that.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19794 on: September 03, 2019, 02:27:22 AM »

Between Tony's ambitious sexism and Bambu's venal misogyny there is not much to choose from.

Tony, "get any woman you want" sounds all to similar to Donald Trump's philosophy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19795 on: September 03, 2019, 09:12:04 AM »

The tired dotard
Has tottered terribly and
Teed up his tumble

Fired girl Friday
Stopper out the drain
Filth spews from the tub

If the whole country
Becomes his swamp, individual
One might escape the Russians

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19796 on: September 03, 2019, 09:15:47 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #19797 on: September 03, 2019, 09:43:38 AM »

Just who is “ we” and when did this happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR0AaVlgsJg

LoL!  I love it when sealions ask, "please explain the history of western civilization for the last five hundred years to me."

barton

« Reply #19798 on: September 03, 2019, 09:49:51 AM »

It would be more accurate to say Barton considers wealth accumulation at the expense of workers, customers, those who reside in proximity to a enterprise facility or the human friendly homeostasis of the biosphere to be cancerous. He’d agree that capitalist enterprises can be run as holistic positives, and many are. He also thinks smart regulations can make many businesses less cancerous AND more successful.

Then again, I know this because I read and understand Barton’s posts. There aren’t many around here who believe you really have the ability to do either of those things.

Thanks, bro.  He also misquotes me, out of context, so i suspect it is a willful inability.   The strawman is easier to knock down, for him. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19799 on: September 03, 2019, 10:57:04 AM »

Thanks, bro.  He also misquotes me, out of context, so i suspect it is a willful inability.   The strawman is easier to knock down, for him.
You deny comparing economic growth to cancer?
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 4288