Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 2777

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 650457 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3015 on: March 07, 2021, 07:28:05 PM »

The leftists in the party need to see what's really in front of them, and not what they want to see---and maybe they will begin to understand that the pragmatism of President Biden is the correct formula for growing and sustaining Democratic political power.

Yup.

Historically mid-terms are brutal for the out of office party, but if Biden can get America to the mid-terms healthy and happy and hopeful, and the Dems ask voters

ARE YOU BETTER OFF TODAY THAN YOU WERE...

The Ds have a chance to consolidate gains and move more aggressively in '22 and then again '24.

Put the Repubs in a box and make them argue against shit most might want, jobs, heathcare, insurance, a future for their kids.

Or Dems can scare the mods and indies going into '22 with easily demonized social programs that the Repubs are really good at.

Willie Horton's going to college for free and banging your daughter and she's getting free abortions down at planned parenthood!

There you go, fighting the election before last again.

Larry can you type that in English. I have no idea what you mean to convey.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah.

Fuck the people who elected you... again.

Right, get them healthy, and working and put a brighter future in front of them for their kids is not fucking the people who elected you.

its making love to them.

Larry there are people in this country, the vast majority who do not share your view or even my view of social progress. They have to be convinced. Not scared.

That you think they can be scared over immediately, when 74 milion of them voted for Trump, is somewhat mind-boggling.

What are these people of whom you speak so scared of?

Fifty six years ago today was Bloody Sunday and the GOP is rushing through voter suppression legislation left and right.

They know what you do not.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 07, 2021, 07:38:45 PM »

Larry I attacked your posts on content and your ability to promote and defend your opinion, as I would with anyone else. No more no less.

But why, out of the blue, did you switch to a long-ago dead topic (Kaep etc) when the topic being discussed was the 50-49 vote, and Manchin's 12 hour decision to cast a vote with the Dems. (IIRC I said something like America was 50-50 last June) and Manchin's 12 hour decision to cast a vote with the Ds.

One might think there was something you did not want to address.

HEH

Manchin is no fool. He can only milk this for only so loing so he's flexing while he can.

Do you think he would have sunk a $1.9 trillion rescue rope to the country? To what end?

Manchin has placed himself in position to be defender of the filibuster so he gets to demand concessions and rule changes in order to keep the filibuster intact.
I can live with that.

I brought that up after you reminded me how you "pounded" on me in June for basically saying Biden needed to take advantage of the way the country was mobilized and paying attention.

That reminded me you accused me of lying about the protest movement by asserting America had the chance to listen peacefully and now here we are.

In my haste to post a Nap story with a pull quote I forgot to take "this week" out of the quote from the there year old story.

It was a mistake.

You won't let go with your accusation that I lied.

With means you believe I thought I would do that with the purpose of getting away with to.  That would make me stupid.

Once you decided that was it and NOTHING would let you admit you were mistaken in your accusation.

you're wrong and you really should apologize but you won't.
because:

Tough Shit.

Larry it was YOU not me that decided out of the blue to revisit your Kaep post and the misleading poll data.

It was a forgotten non-issue to me, but it registered as an example of you posting something misleading, getting called on it, and not accepting the responsibility for it.

It was on you.

Beyond a  glimpse of your behavior it holds no value to me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: March 07, 2021, 07:41:17 PM »

We don't have permission to see that image, Ham.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3018 on: March 07, 2021, 07:41:49 PM »

Larry I attacked your posts on content and your ability to promote and defend your opinion, as I would with anyone else. No more no less.

But why, out of the blue, did you switch to a long-ago dead topic (Kaep etc) when the topic being discussed was the 50-49 vote, and Manchin's 12 hour decision to cast a vote with the Dems. (IIRC I said something like America was 50-50 last June) and Manchin's 12 hour decision to cast a vote with the Ds.

HEH

Manchin is no fool. He can only milk this for only so loing so he's flexing while he can.

Do you think he would have sunk a $1.9 trillion rescue rope to the country? To what end?

Manchin has placed himself in position to be defender of the filibuster so he gets to demand concessions and rule changes in order to keep the filibuster intact.
I can live with that.

I brought that up after you reminded me how you "pounded" on me in June for basically saying Biden needed to take advantage of the way the country was mobilized and paying attention.

That reminded me you accused me of lying about the protest movement by asserting America had the chance to listen peacefully and now here we are.

In my haste to post a Nap story with a pull quote I forgot to take "this week" out of the quote from the there year old story.

It was a mistake.

With means you believe I thought I would do that with the purpose of getting away with to.  That would make me stupid.

Once you decided that was it and NOTHING would let you admit you were mistaken in your accusation.

because:

Tough Shit.

Larry it was YOU not me that decided out of the blue to revisit your Kaep post and the misleading poll data.

It was a forgotten non-issue to me, but it registered as an example of you posting something misleading, getting called on it, and not accepting the responsibility for it.

It was on you.

CAN YOU FUCKING READ?

I told you exactly why I brought it up.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: March 07, 2021, 07:46:05 PM »

The leftists in the party need to see what's really in front of them, and not what they want to see---and maybe they will begin to understand that the pragmatism of President Biden is the correct formula for growing and sustaining Democratic political power.

Yup.

Historically mid-terms are brutal for the out of office party, but if Biden can get America to the mid-terms healthy and happy and hopeful, and the Dems ask voters

The Ds have a chance to consolidate gains and move more aggressively in '22 and then again '24.

Put the Repubs in a box and make them argue against shit most might want, jobs, heathcare, insurance, a future for their kids.

Or Dems can scare the mods and indies going into '22 with easily demonized social programs that the Repubs are really good at.

Willie Horton's going to college for free and banging your daughter and she's getting free abortions down at planned parenthood!

Thanks in advance.

Yeah.

Right, get them healthy, and working and put a brighter future in front of them for their kids is not fucking the people who elected you.

its making love to them.

Larry there are people in this country, the vast majority who do not share your view or even my view of social progress. They have to be convinced. Not scared.

That you think they can be scared over immediately, when 74 milion of them voted for Trump, is somewhat mind-boggling.

What are these people of whom you speak so scared of?

Fifty six years ago today was Bloody Sunday and the GOP is rushing through voter suppression legislation left and right.

They know what you do not.

They're probably scared of some of the same things you are.

I'm not a shrink.

I hope Biden's DOJ is getting staffed up to fight the voter supression as best they can and I hope that voter rights advocates are prepping to get out the votes again.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: March 07, 2021, 07:52:29 PM »

HEH

I can live with that.

It was a mistake.

because:

Tough Shit.

It was on you.

CAN YOU FUCKING READ?

I told you exactly why I brought it up.

I can read just swell and i thought your post was full of shit and evasive as you did not want to admit the obvious weak linkage between your childish policy and politics foundation.

You changed the subject from GO SMART-GO BIG  and the party line 50-49 vote to pass Biden's $1,9T package and my "pounding the table" on this type of legislation last June, to an irrelevant and brief Kaep discussion we had prior to that.

It was weak even by your standards.

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: March 07, 2021, 07:55:58 PM »

Ten more pages of this,  please!   It's so fascinating! 
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: March 07, 2021, 07:58:38 PM »

It seems Larry wants to talk about it and has been holding it inside for about 9 months.

Larry's a mom!

OC perhaps you can engage our new mom in something you find fascinating.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: March 07, 2021, 08:27:56 PM »

Anyone else really enjoying this battle between Forum Dick 1 and Forum Dick 2?

Not enjoying,  and scrolling past.   At some point you have to wonder how expending all those words on ill will and gotcha jabs affects the brain.   If it's truly the SSDD, then why bother with it at all?

Bart-You might want to wonder why Larry brought up a long forgotten and dismissed piece of his intentionally misleading bullshit rather than discuss Joe Manchin's 12-hour decision to deliver the decisive 50th vote in the Biden relief bill within the context of Larry's wet dream of what he espouses as an instantaneously achievable GO BIG agenda and wish list.

The SSDD was a just gentle reminder to Larry that his bullshit is remembered.
I like you, and I like Larry, but why does every discussion between the two of you seem to be like trying to handle glue? Lord knows I occasionally like arguments where the quote boxes run to double figures but sometimes it needs a rest.

The only argument is Banks has decided I am stupid and dishonest.

As far as dishonest, that's a winning argument as applied to what's already been proven through the June repost.

You'd be stupid to keep trying to pretend that isn't the case---which is what you've done.

May be you'll wise up and admit when you're wrong---like RED does!

LOL!!!

And here is where the latest episode of "Banks must prove himself to be superior in every way" began.

I told you to fuck off and Banks taunted me like the schoolyard bully he claimed to have been and here we are. When he bitched about me calling him Rudy for talking loud and saying nothing but bullshit I reminded him of the instance to which I refer]erred.

He said "Tough shit. Get over it."

You ain't shit.

You disrespected me (which is par for the course - you got this wired obsession) but then you disrespected my wife.

That will bring us back to Fuck Off, Bitch.

Get help. The world doesn't revolve around you or anyone related to you.

Your problem is you take everything personally.

You consistently show the hypersensitivity to valid criticism such as banks has highlighted for us all in this latest incident of As Larry's Ego Turns.

Stop blaming others for your shortcomings, and grow up.

Do you honestly think that anyone here gives a rat's ass about who you really are?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: March 07, 2021, 08:35:39 PM »

Yup.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah.

its making love to them.

But then some of them, like Larry, would have to work still. That's not what the left wing of the Dem Party wants. They want what you have. Just give it up. 

And hurry up.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 07, 2021, 08:37:28 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 07, 2021, 08:45:56 PM »

I wish one of them would be an adult and LET IT GO. I mean, I know Uno won't because he is a troll. But SOMEONE.
Please. Accept the mystery.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 07, 2021, 08:51:11 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 07, 2021, 08:54:40 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 07, 2021, 08:59:06 PM »

Never wanted to - true
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 2777