Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 2795

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 657048 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4605 on: March 31, 2021, 08:13:48 PM »

http://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/22349104/coal-climate-change-biden-infrastructure-plan-germany-just-transition

Moscow Mitch is freaking out...

Our nation could use a serious, targeted infrastructure plan. There would be bipartisan support for a smart proposal. Unfortunately, the latest liberal wish-list the White House has decided to label 'infrastructure' is a major missed opportunity by this Administration.”

Lying Sack of Shit

Make the proposal more modest and cut out the most important stuff to reach a “bipartisan” bill and then no Republican will vote for the watered down compromise.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/545876-mcconnell-pans-bidens-infrastructure-plan-as-a-major-missed-opportunity
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #4606 on: March 31, 2021, 08:30:40 PM »

Another contribution to the Mann Act Music Festival....

You are sixteen going on seventeen
Baby, it's time to think
Better beware be canny and careful
Baby, you're on the brink

You are sixteen going on seventeen
Fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads and roues and cads
Will offer you food and wine

Totally unprepared are you
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken

You need someone older and wiser
Telling you what to do
I am seventeen going on 38
I'll take care of you...

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: March 31, 2021, 08:33:11 PM »

The Babylon Bee nails it:

SAN DIEGO, CA—Upon hearing that San Diego teachers were providing instruction to migrant children but not American citizens, many clever parents began disguising their kids as illegal immigrants in hopes that their kids could finally see the inside of a classroom.

"OK, Aiden, remember -- if they ask you what your name is, just say, 'No hablo ingles,'" said one parent as she dropped her kid off near the Mexican border in Chula Vista. "And don't pick at your fake mustache; it'll fall off. Don't forget your poncho!"

"I packed you a burrito and some quesadillas for lunch! Love you!

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: March 31, 2021, 09:02:05 PM »

Babylon Bee:  The Christian Conservative version of The Onion.   The main difference (aside from the obvious one, which is that the BB is not nearly as funny or witty) is that more readers of the BB mistakenly think its stories are real.   
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: March 31, 2021, 09:18:03 PM »

Babylon Bee:  The Christian Conservative version of The Onion.   The main difference (aside from the obvious one, which is that the BB is not nearly as funny or witty) is that more readers of the BB mistakenly think its stories are real.
The Onion is NOT Christian?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4610 on: March 31, 2021, 09:32:54 PM »

Hey folks!

Look what happened twenty minutes away from my neighborhood! It’s in Ward 8 and I’m in Ward 7. But let me proclaim how awful this is and what lousy parents produced these thugs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/washington-multiple-shooting-congress-heights/2021/03/31/391f4da0-9249-11eb-a74e-1f4cf89fd948_story.html

Tut tut yourself to sleep.

Judging from my family text thread UCLA is playing well.

I haven’t enjoyed March Madness in sixteen years. I looked in the eyes of a nine year old boy who had been shot in the face less than a minute before. When that happened my kid was 19 years old and away at Wisconsin but my first thought was that could be my Bear. My next thought was thank god it wasn’t because that child was dead.

One month later Francel and I were in a waiting room at Children’s Hospital (where she served on the board) when his Mom and Dad had him taken off life support.

The worst thing is it isn’t my memory of Donte it’s wondering what happened to the other little boys and girls who saw their friend gunned down among them. They’d all be in their mid 20s by now.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4611 on: March 31, 2021, 09:54:19 PM »

Money talks:

Coke and Delta appear to have seen the light.

Brian Kemp is pissed.

How much influence do you thank corporateAmerica has on the GOP?

Enough to say no to autocracy.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/business/brian-kemp-ed-bastian-delta-georgia-voter-law/index.html

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4612 on: March 31, 2021, 10:01:13 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: March 31, 2021, 10:26:08 PM »

And it’s not obnoxiously one-note cracker racist like the stuff you seem to enjoy.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: March 31, 2021, 10:48:37 PM »

I think its non-sectarian, and is probably agnostic. Although I heard its editorial board has adopted certain Rastafarian rituals.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: March 31, 2021, 11:01:06 PM »

Heard Joe stumbled through another speech today

SNL would have a field day were they not so biased
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: March 31, 2021, 11:10:35 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-lawmakers-introduce-bill-to-preemptively-ban-vaccine-passports

As America's mass vaccination campaign against COVID-19 continues to hum along, two Ohio state legislators are planning to introduce a bill that will preemptively ban vaccine passports over concerns about privacy and government overreach.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: March 31, 2021, 11:12:18 PM »

I heard Chevy Chase was in deep discussions with Lorne Michaels.

This might be the perfect vehicle for his comeback.

And Francisco Franco is still dead!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: March 31, 2021, 11:17:19 PM »

WHY is Joe still making speeches.
There's no need...absolutely no need.
Joe should be a 'silent' President.
Do much, say little.
There is a Vice President..... and many in the admin ...
Secretary of State etc.
Joe should be like the Queen, a figurehead.
Democrat Central can run the show.
Joe should appear from time to time, say a few lines, then hand over to VP to detail everything.
No way I'd be letting him give press conferences.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:25:06 PM by bambu. »
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 2795