Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763927 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6450 on: May 03, 2021, 04:32:45 PM »

Nope

Barton brought the case - only fair Barton follows up rather than hiding from future judgments.

Since when have you ever followed fair posting practices?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: May 03, 2021, 04:39:04 PM »

With regard to the law school class, I agree with the point that UNO’s making, but I’ll try not to be a jerk about it.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6452 on: May 03, 2021, 04:45:10 PM »

Damn shame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/05/02/zoom-teacher-george-floyd-racist/

Well then.....

Is this even fact checking?

Good case study for teacher's union.  Keep us posted.

We can't have people telling the truth and fucking up the officially acceptable view of the historically oppressed, can we?

Here is another example of idiocy in action, as future lawyers show that their views don't need to include following the Constitution:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/nyregion/Rutgers-law-school-n-word.html

Why the need to apologize for anything here?

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Can't follow the Constitution, how you gonna be a good lawyer?

Why don’t you try being a decent human?

They're studying to become lawyers, not decent human beings.

But go ahead and deflect from the real issue in that story. It's what you do.

What you do is demonstrate you’re nasty piece of shit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6453 on: May 03, 2021, 04:48:13 PM »

Damn shame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/05/02/zoom-teacher-george-floyd-racist/

Well then.....

We can't have people telling the truth and fucking up the officially acceptable view of the historically oppressed, can we?

Here is another example of idiocy in action, as future lawyers show that their views don't need to include following the Constitution:

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Professor Bergelson, who emigrated from Moscow as an adult, said her belief that slurs rooted in racism, bigotry or misogyny should be avoided in class stems from her personal history. Her grandmother, she said, was a journalist who was executed in 1950 by the Stalin regime for associating with the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee. Another relative was executed in 1952.

Professor Bergelson said her mother, who was 16 when her own mother died, never fully recovered from the trauma.

“I certainly grew up in the shadow of this tragedy,” she said. “I am very sensitive to how a word can trigger painful episodes. I would never use the words in class.”

Still, she said, other professors and students should be free to make their own choices.

The student quoted from a legal record.

But immediately a petition circulated trying to create an issue where none exists for those who have the capacity to separate quotation from advocation.

Maybe the petitioners aren't cut out to be lawyers.

Trigger was Roy Rogers's horse. He dropped a lot of horseshit along the way, too.

Giddy-up, Trigger.

You followed behind and feasted on those droppings. Now you spew it in here every damn day.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: May 03, 2021, 05:02:46 PM »

Damn shame.

Well then.....

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Why don’t you try being a decent human?

They're studying to become lawyers, not decent human beings.

But go ahead and deflect from the real issue in that story. It's what you do.

What you do is demonstrate you’re nasty piece of shit.

There you go again.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: May 03, 2021, 05:06:04 PM »

Damn shame.

Well then.....

Grow the fuck up.

Sit down.

Professor Bergelson, who emigrated from Moscow as an adult, said her belief that slurs rooted in racism, bigotry or misogyny should be avoided in class stems from her personal history. Her grandmother, she said, was a journalist who was executed in 1950 by the Stalin regime for associating with the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee. Another relative was executed in 1952.

Professor Bergelson said her mother, who was 16 when her own mother died, never fully recovered from the trauma.

“I certainly grew up in the shadow of this tragedy,” she said. “I am very sensitive to how a word can trigger painful episodes. I would never use the words in class.”

Still, she said, other professors and students should be free to make their own choices.

The student quoted from a legal record.

But immediately a petition circulated trying to create an issue where none exists for those who have the capacity to separate quotation from advocation.

Maybe the petitioners aren't cut out to be lawyers.

Trigger was Roy Rogers's horse. He dropped a lot of horseshit along the way, too.

Giddy-up, Trigger.

You followed behind and feasted on those droppings. Now you spew it in here every damn day.

And again, Larry has no rebuttal and no argument.

Lazy Larry.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6456 on: May 03, 2021, 05:13:17 PM »

With regard to the law school class, I agree with the point that UNO’s making, but I’ll try not to be a jerk about it.

Having never been on the receiving end of the “controversy” it’s easy to look at this from a purely clinical perspective.

These students weren’t being snowflakes they’re of a generation who won’t take ‘what they perceive to be’ disrespect.

I understand the middle aged white woman student probably meant nothing by what she said. She also apologized.

There is a proper debate about this situation but it isn’t the position UNO claims to be representing.

UNO’s point is One L’s are being trained to be assholes and that’s as it should be.

That’s just a wrong headed position.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: May 03, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »

I’m still wondering if Uno would be making better arguments if he had kept more of his teeth.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6458 on: May 03, 2021, 05:22:34 PM »

I’m still wondering if Uno would be making better arguments if he had kept more of his teeth.

That poor sap thinks everyone is as miserable as he.

Can you imagine what he’s like as a coworker?

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: May 03, 2021, 05:26:30 PM »

I can’t imagine him holding a job. Maybe sweeping after hours or something low skilled with few opportunities to miscommunicate.

Good news for those with federalize student loans,

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/03/biden-picks-richard-cordray-student-loans-485231
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: May 03, 2021, 05:27:19 PM »

Having never been on the receiving end of the “controversy” it’s easy to look at this from a purely clinical perspective.

These students weren’t being snowflakes they’re of a generation who won’t take ‘what they perceive to be’ disrespect.

I understand the middle aged white woman student probably meant nothing by what she said. She also apologized.

There is a proper debate about this situation but it isn’t the position UNO claims to be representing.

UNO’s point is One L’s are being trained to be assholes and that’s as it should be.

That’s just a wrong headed position.

NOPE, Larry.

You're wrong. That's not my point at all. My point is that if you want to be a good lawyer, you have learn to set aside your own bias and deal with what is. Saying you can't discuss a case in a law class because there are words in there that you find offensive or triggering indicates the inability to interpret what is and what isn't.

Perhaps you can understand it this way.

A lawyer will tell you that this bag has popcorn in it. He sees that is reads "ice" but he can explain why it is popcorn. She sees what is there, and then works from what is there.

A person who has a propensity to be easily offended, or one who has an agenda of sorts, only sees what she wants to see and or hears what he wants to hear.

This really is just popcorn. If you only see it as ice, that's a problem.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6461 on: May 03, 2021, 05:44:02 PM »

Any one who can read can see there is popcorn in a bag labeled ICE

You don’t have to be a lawyer to SEE what is and what isn’t, hell ask Bill Clinton about the meaning of ‘Is.’

you’re an asshole desperate to make a point.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:55:20 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6462 on: May 03, 2021, 05:51:09 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: May 03, 2021, 05:51:28 PM »

(CNN) — 
---The Biden administration will raise the refugee ceiling to 62,500 people this fiscal year, the White House confirmed, after receiving swift criticism last month when President Joe Biden kept the lower Trump-era cap in place.

“I am revising the United States’ annual refugee admissions cap to 62,500---

Chicken Joe had it right the first time. Who is pushing for more anchor babies except Nancee and the sisters from a different mother? He just dropped from a high A to an F in a lot of peoples mind.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: May 03, 2021, 05:54:44 PM »

(CNN) — 
---The Biden administration will raise the refugee ceiling to 62,500 people this fiscal year, the White House confirmed, after receiving swift criticism last month when President Joe Biden kept the lower Trump-era cap in place.

“I am revising the United States’ annual refugee admissions cap to 62,500---

Chicken Joe had it right the first time. Who is pushing for more anchor babies except Nancee and the sisters from a different mother? He just dropped from a high A to an F in a lot of peoples mind.
Not to mention sending thousands more legal immigrants to the GOP voting rolls.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:56:36 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 2929