Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 2793

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 655105 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #2010 on: February 17, 2021, 06:10:38 PM »

Now is the time we should be spending. Now is the time to go big...”

Joe Biden tonight

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/16/joe-biden-pitch-coronavirus-relief-plan-tonight-milwaukee/6752776002/

He's talking about relief Larry.

Not the laundry list of social programs that you pushed for pre-election.

for example tonight he shot down the lady on college debt forgiveness of $50k

Joe understands what I told you last June-this is a 50-50 world, and going smart was the key to building a consensus to keep Congress in '22 and the WH in '24.

Joe's smart agenda would be to

control-defeat covid

fix the economy

get O-Care nailed down

infrastructure projects

voting rights

and not scare the crap out of the middle of the electorate who will determine if more social advances can be undertaken in '22-28.

If he's successful there, and the economy rebounds, there should be enough there to keep Congress in '22

Joe understand politics and policies, which is why he'll limit himself to go smart.

Gee.

Sounds mighty big to me.

Joe has chosen smart.

He understands politics and policy.

and practical.

and the $1.9T covid package is big but its what most americans want

-conquer covid
-relief for individuals and communities and small business
-jump start the economy
-O-care

But its nowhere near your indy-moderate scaring GO BIG package of social programs that would lose the '22 mid-terms for Joe and the Dems.

and thats what we discussed in late June

Joe understand its a 50-50 world and he's a moderate Dem who wants to protect his ass for '22 and '24 to keep congressional control

you did not.

But feel free to keep on moving the goal posts and posting intentionally misleading posts
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 06:12:49 PM by bankshot1 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: February 17, 2021, 06:16:49 PM »

Red thinks nuclear power is going to boom and coal stick around forever.
Exceedingly deluded.
Nuclear power is the ONLY renewable that makes sense for the long term. But since the left turned it into a health scare it is now very expensive. So we will have to keep coal as a dirtier option
Even if every new car sold from tomorrow on was an EV we would still need to increases in energy produced by fossil fuels.

Uh, that is rather a pointless and dumb comment.
Because why?
Otherwise, the problem in TX seems to be that equipment at gas and coal plants froze up.  And that TX maintains its own grid.  I read that TX wind plants actually provided more electricity than expected the past few days.

Moreover, wind turbines in cold weather regions incorporate technology that heats the blades, either via an outer layer of carbon fiber with thermal wiring and/or by pumping warm air inside the blades.  No idea if TX has such winterized turbine systems, but it's a simple part of wind energy technology.  Just as coal and gas power plants need to be winterized to continue to function in sub-freezing conditions.  Which is where TX failed.
Texas failed for a number of reasons.
But if the details of the Green New Deal were being followed then it would have been a tragedy.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 17, 2021, 06:45:48 PM »

Red continues to kick that strawman’s ass.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: February 17, 2021, 06:46:24 PM »

Texas failed because of its profit driven let corporations run amok regulatory climate, fueled by evangelical hucksterism along with deep conservative republican grifting and coverup culture.

Bambi, Joe got over his stutter and has wound up running this country. Surely you can muster up the grit to get over your whiteness.

Banks, it’s a 62-33 split nationally at the moment. College debt forgiveness that approaches the scale commensurate with the problem is not going to knock that number any where back near 50-50. It is more likely to further increase the spread.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 17, 2021, 06:46:38 PM »

No 1 radio host writes today:

What sensible politician would write a national economic suicide note over carbon dioxide when it is 0.04 per cent of the atmosphere.

But of that 0.04 per cent, 90 per cent comes from natural sources.

The human content in the air is only 0.0016 per cent.

What the hell are we trying to achieve?

Joel Fitzgibbon, who exhibits some common sense on all of this, makes the very sensible point that China’s coal-fired generation grew by 38 gigawatts last year, equivalent to 19 Liddell Power Stations.

hina has 127 new coal-fired power plants in the pipeline; Indonesia, 52; India, 27; Japan, 22; and Vietnam, 17; and we are happy to export $70 billion of our coal so that they can have cheap electricity but deny that to Australians.

Can someone tell me how that makes sense?

#####

And deny coal-fired power to Americans.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 17, 2021, 06:57:24 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: February 17, 2021, 06:59:16 PM »

No 1 radio host writes today:

Do you have your rakes ready for your forests? Fire season is right around the corner...

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: February 17, 2021, 07:10:54 PM »

Did the President speak on Texas yet?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2019 on: February 17, 2021, 07:47:46 PM »

What about a "privilege walk" for all White House staff?
Could be arriving soon.

Daily Telegraph editorial: Governor-General’s ‘privilege walk’ is woke madness

Woke madness has now reached one of the highest ­offices in Australia.

As The Daily Telegraph reports, the Governor-General’s staff will soon embark on what is known as a “privilege walk”.

If you have never heard of such a thing, consider yourself fortunate. During your average privilege walk, participants go through various exercises to identify their levels of privilege and entitlement.

For example, they may be asked to take a step forward if they are right-handed, if English is their first language or if they can easily buy bandages that match their skin tone.

But they must take a step back if they have ever had to primarily rely on public transport.

In the case of staff working for the Governor-General, they should be able to complete the privilege walk in record time.

That is because they very much are privileged, straight off the bat. They are privileged to work in that office. They are profoundly privileged to represent the Australian people.
And they should be extre­mely proud of doing so.

Instead, however, they will endure a form of ritual shaming.

What about if you put your head further up your ass than it already is?

#####

I am right-handed, my first language is English, and I can easily buy bandages to match my skin tone.
So I would have to step forward for shaming.
An accident of birth, but I must forever be ashamed.
Oh well, such is the woke world of today.

In this case I would play the game, act very ashamed...to keep my very considerable salary.
Don't play the game, I could be soon missing from my desk.

Got a plan for if a "privilege walk" reaches your place of employment?

Aw, poor beset upon bambu...

he'd be a typical Republican voter.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2020 on: February 17, 2021, 07:53:26 PM »

Did the President speak on Texas yet?

The federal government under his administration is doing, not just talking.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/fema-supplying-generators-blankets-to-texas-white-house-says/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #2021 on: February 17, 2021, 08:20:21 PM »

I've stepped away from that discussion.  At this point he and anyone he argues with will just talk past each other.   Glad someone's noticing the straw all over the place. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: February 17, 2021, 08:38:22 PM »

I've stepped away from that discussion.
Why?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:06:57 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2023 on: February 17, 2021, 08:56:17 PM »

Now is the time we should be spending. Now is the time to go big...”

Joe Biden tonight

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/16/joe-biden-pitch-coronavirus-relief-plan-tonight-milwaukee/6752776002/

He's talking about relief Larry.

Not the laundry list of social programs that you pushed for pre-election.

for example tonight he shot down the lady on college debt forgiveness of $50k

Joe understands what I told you last June-this is a 50-50 world, and going smart was the key to building a consensus to keep Congress in '22 and the WH in '24.

Joe's smart agenda would be to

control-defeat covid

fix the economy

get O-Care nailed down

infrastructure projects

voting rights

and not scare the crap out of the middle of the electorate who will determine if more social advances can be undertaken in '22-28.

If he's successful there, and the economy rebounds, there should be enough there to keep Congress in '22

Joe understand politics and policies, which is why he'll limit himself to go smart.

Gee.

Sounds mighty big to me.

Joe has chosen smart.

He understands politics and policy.

and practical.

and the $1.9T covid package is big but its what most americans want

-conquer covid
-relief for individuals and communities and small business
-jump start the economy
-O-care

But its nowhere near your indy-moderate scaring GO BIG package of social programs that would lose the '22 mid-terms for Joe and the Dems.

and thats what we discussed in late June

Joe understand its a 50-50 world and he's a moderate Dem who wants to protect his ass for '22 and '24 to keep congressional control

you did not.

But feel free to keep on moving the goal posts and posting intentionally misleading posts

I guess.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2024 on: February 17, 2021, 09:02:00 PM »

Red thinks nuclear power is going to boom and coal stick around forever.
Exceedingly deluded.
Nuclear power is the ONLY renewable that makes sense for the long term. But since the left turned it into a health scare it is now very expensive. So we will have to keep coal as a dirtier option
Even if every new car sold from tomorrow on was an EV we would still need to increases in energy produced by fossil fuels.

Uh, that is rather a pointless and dumb comment.
Because why?
Otherwise, the problem in TX seems to be that equipment at gas and coal plants froze up.  And that TX maintains its own grid.  I read that TX wind plants actually provided more electricity than expected the past few days.

Moreover, wind turbines in cold weather regions incorporate technology that heats the blades, either via an outer layer of carbon fiber with thermal wiring and/or by pumping warm air inside the blades.  No idea if TX has such winterized turbine systems, but it's a simple part of wind energy technology.  Just as coal and gas power plants need to be winterized to continue to function in sub-freezing conditions.  Which is where TX failed.
Texas failed for a number of reasons.
But if the details of the Green New Deal were being followed then it would have been a tragedy.

The key detail in the Green New Deal is the modernization of the national power grid.

If the Lone Star didn't have the only independent power grid its neighbors could help out the energy capital of America.

But hey. Cowboy up, right?

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 2793