Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 2771

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 590403 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3045 on: March 07, 2021, 10:50:28 PM »

I'm sorry I hurt you so deeply Larry that you felt compelled to drag up all the hurt from over the years.

I hope you find an easing of your pain.   

But as others have suggested perhaps you should deal with your pain on your own time and not in a public forum.

Some of us know that is a very caring comment, banks.

Larry is self-medicating, it would seem.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: March 07, 2021, 10:50:39 PM »

Meanwhile, in meaningful discussion:

Thoughts on this pair of charts?

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: March 07, 2021, 10:58:03 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: March 07, 2021, 11:28:55 PM »

Meanwhile, in meaningful discussion:

Thoughts on this pair of charts?

Josh-posting a picture does not automatically generate a meaningful discussion. Some thought is generally required. They're really nice maps though (although  the #s are a little blurry and tough to discern)

Now I understand todays pissing match with Larry was not meaningful in any traditional sense, but it covered a lot of  ground touching on BLM, Kap, protest, the 2020 election, the '22 elections, the highly partisan nature of our body politic, the Biden presidency, perhaps some other issues, and Larry's crying need to win a debate. And anyone at anytime could have discussed any of those meaningul issues. By my count 4 posters did, and 4 voiced annoyance, but added no content.

As to your pictures I guess my take away is its best not to be homeless in Reddish states. Or be down and out in Beverly Hills or NYC. Though I wonder how much migrant labor and their living conditions may color those #s in the Ag states. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 11:40:35 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: March 08, 2021, 12:56:19 AM »

Among the things one can glean from the two maps is that while California is among the worst in the country in number of homeless per 1,000 residents, they are not that far above much of the rest of the country.

Conversely, when one shifts to look at the percentage of homeless not receiving shelter, California sticks out, far above the other states.

That's one takeaway.

This is especially evident when one looks at the chart on the right that illustrates the raw numbers of homeless sheltered and unsheltered in various cities. While NY has many more homeless than LA, LA's unsheltered dwarfs every other city.

NY has fewer unsheltered homeless than many places a 10th its size and less.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: March 08, 2021, 02:42:04 AM »

Woody Guthrie had a line on California that still holds today. There is a vehement resistance to housing density here that is slowly and selectively seeing some change. Rule changes have to show results at a local or county level and defeat entrenched money to be taken up by the state as a whole.

San Diego is pushing adding rental units within single family residences by streamlining and economizing permitting and approval processes on necessary remodeling. Also the height limit was raised in the midway district to allow more housing density in its now pending redevelopment. There will still always be a homeless and transient population here though. Even if everything else in your life sucks, it’s one of the nicest possible places in the United States to be all year round.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: March 08, 2021, 03:05:10 AM »

Now I understand todays pissing match with Larry was not meaningful in any traditional sense, but it covered a lot of  ground touching on BLM, Kap, protest, the 2020 election, the '22 elections, the highly partisan nature of our body politic, the Biden presidency, perhaps some other issues, and Larry's crying need to win a debate. And anyone at anytime could have discussed any of those meaningul issues. By my count 4 posters did, and 4 voiced annoyance, but added no content.

I know it’s more fun to pretend you are smarter than Larry and that we’re all still living in the 90’s, but you never responded to the polling on issues and how this current state of play impacts the proposition that we are a 50-50 country. Every republican cheat at every available level only got the margin to 52-47 with all the benefits of incumbency on the republican side.

Sticking with items that poll 60% or better on this list, is that going big, small, middle weight? Does the scale change if it all requires pruning back the filibuster to advance? Does it fill the calendar up until the midterm?

http://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/01/28/economy-and-covid-19-top-the-publics-policy-agenda-for-2021/

Jobs, terror at home, and cleaning up politics are the three issues on the list not in the emergency package on the doorstep of passage now which focuses on addressing Covid and the economy, issues one and two. Personally, I’d also try for reducing healthcare costs though only 58% of respondents declared it a priority.

These are all things the center-right populist Democratic Party can accomplish to some extent if the stick together and keep working as hard as they have been recently.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: March 08, 2021, 04:53:16 AM »

So the left in America is enacting a system under the guise of 'reconcilation' that will prevent the right from ever winning another election?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: March 08, 2021, 05:05:35 AM »

The right is waging a war against the all the American people regardless of their political affiliation that will prevent the right from ever winning another election.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: March 08, 2021, 06:42:06 AM »

No pony is worth sifting through that much horse shit.
Remember the famous Russian proverb: The hungrier you get, the tastier the meal. On the other hand, the French have a proverb: Merde!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: March 08, 2021, 08:14:12 AM »

Wow British royals sound more racist and petty than any American prez. Give it to them Meghan and Harry.

Dont know what the expansive graphics is about. Tens of millions ready to make homelessness much worse in the near future.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3058 on: March 08, 2021, 08:23:59 AM »

“Good morning Annoyed people.”

Yeah.

And you th8nk shouting, derision and condescension “wins.”

You only proved you only hear what you want.

Because your ‘strategy’ of catering to cowering white voters is outdated and stupid.

It’s a 50-50 Senate but not a 50-50 country.

The Republicans know that, why don’t you?

As far saying I want to be a fascist because I want federal voting rights legislation was just a stupid take but hey! You were in all your roaring glory.

https://youtu.be/pN7IB-d7Hfw

You have no idea of the world beyond myopia.

Congratulations.

You won the “debate” and if the Democrats follow your rational our democracy is fucking doomed.

I’ve been telling folks in this forum to pay attention to the fascist white supremacists for years.

“Achtung!”

You conveniently skip over the whole ‘Stop the Steal’ Big Lie campaign that led to frontal assault on the government in an effort to overturn 2020 and overthrow democracy.

I bring up old shit in order to see if you’ve advanced but you haven’t.

Every dispute we’ve had is based solely on your opinion.

I bring facts to the table about our previous ‘disputes’ and you ignore them to spew more vitriol that should make you examine your own psyche.

When your ‘Amen Corner’ consists of Utley and kidcarter, welll...

BTW

This BILL WAS A BIG FUCKNG DEAL.

It literally changed the trajectory of how government deals with its most vulnerable.

Biden went BIG.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3059 on: March 08, 2021, 08:42:41 AM »

Just a reminder:

The Derek Chauvin trial begins today, not the George Floyd trial.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/03/06/opinion/derek-chauvin-is-murder-defendant-dont-put-george-floyd-trial/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 2771