Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763881 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3540 on: March 12, 2021, 03:52:25 PM »

I took the time to read a little about Bezos on Wikipedia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bezos

He seems like a good guy who worked hard and achieved the American Dream, he was a normal guy who worked at McDonald's as a teen, and he studied hard and he went to Princeton University. He planned Amazon while on a road trip. His friends and family invested in him, and he succeeded, big time. But, he failed to learn the secret of success and the secret of wealth, the fun of being rich is being able to help other people, and being able to have fun. It is not about people working like slaves to make you wealthy. When you are wealthy then you get to give money away. You get to make your workers happy, and you need to make sure that your workers have good lives. Your workers should be like a big family, and you need to have parties with roasted pigs for your workers with live bands, and you need to make sure that the children of the workers get braces for their teeth, and every other little thing, you need to make your workers happy.

The fun of money is what you can do with it. It is not about just getting rich and being greedy. There is no fun in being greedy while your workers suffer.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:00:34 PM by FlyingVProd »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: March 12, 2021, 04:00:27 PM »

"Joe was a nice combo of competence, compassion, caring and a shit-ton of cash."

With a big, bold vision of the future.

Yes he does Larry.

But to see that vision realized he understands he has to win elections in '22 and '24 and not scare the voters with either visions he may have nor visions others may have.

I think Joe, even with old eyes, can still focus on what's in front of him.

we'll see.

Yeah.

He is fundamentally transforming the nation.

How do you win midterms in 2022?

You put forth legislation the nation wants and no republican voted for.

Larry we are in the process now of finding out what the nation wants, I'd suggest and have suggested to you several times, the nation is not as monolithic nor as liberal as you seem to believe it is. IMO the US, from sea to shining sea and all the red states in the middle, is more moderate than the world you see.

IMO the nation wanted to get better from covid, stop hiding under the bed, get kids back in school, get back to work, maybe go out to eat once in awhile, watch the kids or grand kids play sports, have a BBQ or plan next Thanksgiving, In essence get back to normal ASAP. And IMO thats where we are getting to now, and will be IMO for awhile.

I don't know if Joe has transformed anything yet. But he delivered compassion, caring and cash to a nation that needs help and from a government that gives a shit about the people.

Joe IMO has won the first battle in the battle of hearts and minds and wallets,

He's got credibility and IMO people (Rs as well as Ds) will listen to him, even if R-pols won't. 

It will be interesting to see the infrastructure plan as it gets hashed out, what survives and what social plans gets shelved for future years or longer than that.

YMMV

Monolithic and liberal?

Yeah.

That’s exactly what I think.

Go back to sleep and snuggle up with my June Pipe Dream

Larry you've been screaming "GO BIG" for the past year, as if GO BIG was a one-size fits all.

I asked you several times to define your terms during our discussion and met with limited sucess, while at the same time providing you with my reccomendations for a GO SMART agenda.
But to be fair FAC provided a long list of GO BIGS programs (about 15-20) that you never disagreed with, so I used them as rough proxy for a LEFT-GO BIG social agenda.

And FAC recently moved off his original list to reordered his priorities to more close resemble what may be achievable in the current political world. 

In any case, I was specific as to what I thought critical for Bidens first two years in office.

He needed to push programs that America wanted and needed and that were popular to give him momentum into '22.

I'm not going to repeat myself but the current ARP focuses on pretty much what I suggested last June.

Containing covid, boosting the economy, helping the poor and working and middle classes, fixing O-care, aide to cities-healthcare-jobs

and it also included a lot of bacon, because everyone, even Mitch likes bacon.

He'll steal a 6 slices but bitch that its too fatty, then he'll steal 6 more slices.

In any case, don't blame me for your lack of specficity as to GO BIG and if it leads some to conclude you favor a left-leaning one-size fits all solution

YOU JUST HOLLERED GO BIG AS IF THAT MEANT SOMETHING.

And it didn't.

I understand slogans can be far more persuasive than specifics and Larry you're BIG on slogans and were very short on specifics

And Larry they're your pipe dreams from June, and I told you that back then.

btw, smoking's not good for your health so lay off the pipe

as to utley he's free to post what he likes, one day he's playful, the other 6 he's nasty, but if you get too close he may nip, he's a biter

And whether you chose to LMAO or ACHTUNG that's ts up to you.

I prefer LMAO
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:07:12 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3542 on: March 12, 2021, 04:09:11 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3543 on: March 12, 2021, 04:10:34 PM »

"Joe was a nice combo of competence, compassion, caring and a shit-ton of cash."

Yes he does Larry.

But to see that vision realized he understands he has to win elections in '22 and '24 and not scare the voters with either visions he may have nor visions others may have.

we'll see.

Yeah.

Larry we are in the process now of finding out what the nation wants, I'd suggest and have suggested to you several times, the nation is not as monolithic nor as liberal as you seem to believe it is. IMO the US, from sea to shining sea and all the red states in the middle, is more moderate than the world you see.

IMO the nation wanted to get better from covid, stop hiding under the bed, get kids back in school, get back to work, maybe go out to eat once in awhile, watch the kids or grand kids play sports, have a BBQ or plan next Thanksgiving, In essence get back to normal ASAP. And IMO thats where we are getting to now, and will be IMO for awhile.

I don't know if Joe has transformed anything yet. But he delivered compassion, caring and cash to a nation that needs help and from a government that gives a shit about the people.

He's got credibility and IMO people (Rs as well as Ds) will listen to him, even if R-pols won't. 

It will be interesting to see the infrastructure plan as it gets hashed out, what survives and what social plans gets shelved for future years or longer than that.

YMMV

Monolithic and liberal?

Yeah.

Larry you've been screaming "GO BIG" for the past year, as if GO BIG was a one-size fits all.

I asked you several times to define your terms during our discussion and met with limited sucess, while at the same time providing you with my reccomendations for a GO SMART agenda.
But to be fair FAC provided a long list of GO BIGS programs (about 15-20) that you never disagreed with, so I used them as rough proxy for a LEFT-GO BIG social agenda.

And FAC recently moved off his original list to reordered his priorities to more close resemble what may be achievable in the current political world. 

In any case, I was specific as to what I thought critical for Bidens first two years in office.

He needed to push programs that America wanted and needed and that were popular to give him momentum into '22.

I'm not going to repeat myself but the current ARP focuses on pretty much what I suggested last June.

Containing covid, boosting the economy, helping the poor and working and middle classes, fixing O-care, aide to cities-healthcare-jobs

He'll steal a 6 slices but bitch that its too fatty, then he'll steal 6 more slices.

In any case, don't blame me for your lack of specficity as to GO BIG and if it leads some to conclude you favor a left-leaning one-size fits all solution

And it didn't.

I understand slogans can be far more persuasive than specifics and Larry you're BIG on slogans and were very short on specifics

as to utley he's free to post what he likes, one day he's playful, the other 6 he's nasty, but if you get too close he may nip, he's a biter

I prefer LMAO

Enjoy your self, Banks.

I'm done
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: March 12, 2021, 04:12:43 PM »

Yes he does Larry.

we'll see.

Yeah.

YMMV

Monolithic and liberal?

Yeah.

And it didn't.

I prefer LMAO

Enjoy your self, Banks.

I'm done

Hell of a rebuttal Larry.

And Larry you were done a long time ago, you just didn't know it.

And Larry, Brooks is almost right.

The transformational president was Trump, and what Americans learned during those 4 years, was an it was an ugly tranformation, one that most decent Americans couldn't stomache, that ate away at who we needed to be as a people to succeed as a country.

and Joe is helping us get back to a decency and a dignity we all need ASAP.

Whether he becomes truly transformative remains to be seen.

The white haired guy giving gifts to everyone is generally associated with Santa not the POTUS
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:19:47 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3545 on: March 12, 2021, 04:40:19 PM »

Want my rebuttal, Banks?

I'm done.

You don't have it in you to ever give an inch on any subject because you see the as a place to win and lose battles.

Trump was the transformational president?

Yeah, he was.

He wanted to be a dictator and anyone knew that when he said "I alone can fix things!"

So when I said, "ACHTUNG" about the autocrat in waiting  I was warning about what he and his followers would do...

AND THEY DID IT. and they ain't done.

However,

Im sorry I won't bend to your bombast because for the most part you're full of shit.

No information will be sufficient, Charts and graphs won't matter, facts in hindsight are wasted on you.

I'd admire your tenacity if it was in the pursuit of something more than owning folks in this forum  by being the biggest asshole in the room.

No more long text boxes between us.

No one else gives a fuck about this shit except for UNO (the guy that threatened to dox you as a child sexual predator) who licks up every piece of crap that drops from your ass as if it is manna.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: March 12, 2021, 04:45:13 PM »

Yes he does Larry.

we'll see.

Yeah.

Well, you live outside the Beltway, so there's that.

Yes, most Americans don't describe themselves as political gadflies.

Compassions sells, these days, and you don't need a lot of it to do well, since the ready contrast with the heartless and selfish remains close by.

Joe IMO has won the first battle in the battle of hearts and minds and wallets, YEP!

He's got credibility and IMO people (Rs as well as Ds) will listen to him, even if R-pols won't.  But Polls of Republicans show they are listening to him.

It will be interesting to see the infrastructure plan as it gets hashed out, what survives and what social plans gets shelved for future years or longer than that. "All in good time, my little pretty. All in good time..."

YMMV

Crushed it, banks.

Since you always claim to know my work history why don’t you share it with the forum?

Now sit!

Roll over!

Good boy.

Banks, give him a doggie biscuit.

Or does Polly wanna cracker?

I gues I should ‘laugh my ass off ,’right?

Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: March 12, 2021, 04:46:57 PM »

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:48:39 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: March 12, 2021, 04:47:21 PM »

There is The Fives Eyes intelligence network.

USA
Canada
Britain
Australia
New Zealand

Only one does not have Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 11 as its Head of State.
Only one is not a Constitutionial Monarchy.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3549 on: March 12, 2021, 04:47:50 PM »

I June I said GO BIG and you pounded on SMART not BIG.

Well we got BIG and SMART.

I'm no policy wonk AND NEVER PRETENDED TO BE

BTW

Closing the loop on Pigford aint pork

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: March 12, 2021, 04:49:47 PM »

USA
Canada
Britain
Australia
New Zealand

Four slow countries and the USA.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: March 12, 2021, 04:56:54 PM »

USA
Canada
Britain
Australia
New Zealand

Four slow countries and the USA.

LOL
Depends on one's idea of 'slow'.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 2929