Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762237 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4260 on: March 23, 2021, 07:29:00 PM »

One of my best friends in the whole world is wealthy from a banana plantation in the Philippines. Then she came to America and she opened a night club in Los Angeles named Manila Gardens. Her club was a huge success, and she was successful at a whole variety of businesses. And she spent her whole life helping the homeless and the needy.

And Bambu, you should travel. It really is not that expensive. I went to Cannes in 2000, and it was awesome. Then I went to Rome in 2003.

Way back, in about 1981 I went to Mexico with Youth For Christ, I was about 14 years old, and I went with a whole bus full of Christian teens from my high school. The women were gorgeous, we had beautiful women with us. We went to Mexico and we helped people who were living in a dump, and then we went to a couple of Catholic orphanages. The experience left me with a deep understanding of how the poor people live in Mexico. And we really do need to have union offices at the Southern Border. There is a Teamsters office for the Canadians, there needs to be a Teamsters representative on the Mexican Border. We need union representatives to tell the immigrants where the jobs are.

We can also use redevelopment money to hire the immigrants to do enhancement projects. And cobblestones last for thousands of years, you never have to replace it. You lay the cobblestones and you will have it forever, it never wears out. The cobblestone streets really last. Saint Augustine in Florida is one example of a city with great cobblestone streets here in the USA.   

And for sure we can create jobs for workers with Sunkist, and Sunkist is a co-op so a lot of people benefit from Sunkist, they can plant trees and they can pick fruit. Etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunkist_Growers,_Incorporated

The farm workers have the United Farm Workers union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Farm_Workers

We can create a lot of jobs if we are able to sell oranges to the Chinese, and orange juice, and soda, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: March 23, 2021, 07:36:11 PM »

You can contact Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison again...he's back...tired and emotional last night, made a slight misstep...owned it and apologised...now 'on fire' on radio interview today.
Up early, toured the flooded areas by army chopper this morning...now interviewed by no1 morning radio host.
"Nurse Jenny" worked her magic again, my guess. Very calming is she.
Lovely wife and mother, great First Lady.
What a woman!
She was seen laughing with Melania while they were sitting together on a lounge at the State Dinner.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: March 23, 2021, 07:39:46 PM »

Its the cyclecar way politics run. Loony right to loony left.  Mostly here in Florida 2nd generation immigrants buying up cheaper housing to set things up for the expected flood of humanity. These people failed all over the western hemisphere through many centuries, there is a better chance of US turning into a neo-banana republic rather than them assimilating flawlessly. Wonderful geographic areas with much in the way of natural resources just abysmal failures. Too many children, a worship of the criminal drug sub-culture, a low value of life, no respect for education, etc.

You are still working towards becoming the poster boy for flawed assimilation.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: March 23, 2021, 07:53:46 PM »

Fruit pickers is top of the list now, nannies, Mc Donald servers, drug mules, sex traffickers, crack "hos", welfare mothers, day laborers are all big.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: March 23, 2021, 08:05:07 PM »

http://www.vox.com/22323240/stimulus-money-for-small-business-owners-american-rescue-plan

That's a BFD and ARP is only the start.

We are in a period of major transition.

Well, its certainly not expected to be a period of continued growth

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: March 23, 2021, 08:06:18 PM »

Fruit pickers is top of the list now, nannies, Mc Donald servers, drug mules, sex traffickers, crack "hos", welfare mothers, day laborers are all big.

hahahah

Love this post.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: March 23, 2021, 08:09:24 PM »

One of my best friends in the whole world is wealthy from a banana plantation in the Philippines. Then she came to America and she opened a night club in Los Angeles named Manila Gardens. Her club was a huge success, and she was successful at a whole variety of businesses. And she spent her whole life helping the homeless and the needy.

And Bambu, you should travel. It really is not that expensive. I went to Cannes in 2000, and it was awesome. Then I went to Rome in 2003.

Way back, in about 1981 I went to Mexico with Youth For Christ, I was about 14 years old, and I went with a whole bus full of Christian teens from my high school. The women were gorgeous, we had beautiful women with us. We went to Mexico and we helped people who were living in a dump, and then we went to a couple of Catholic orphanages. The experience left me with a deep understanding of how the poor people live in Mexico. And we really do need to have union offices at the Southern Border. There is a Teamsters office for the Canadians, there needs to be a Teamsters representative on the Mexican Border. We need union representatives to tell the immigrants where the jobs are.

We can also use redevelopment money to hire the immigrants to do enhancement projects. And cobblestones last for thousands of years, you never have to replace it. You lay the cobblestones and you will have it forever, it never wears out. The cobblestone streets really last. Saint Augustine in Florida is one example of a city with great cobblestone streets here in the USA.   

And for sure we can create jobs for workers with Sunkist, and Sunkist is a co-op so a lot of people benefit from Sunkist, they can plant trees and they can pick fruit. Etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunkist_Growers,_Incorporated

The farm workers have the United Farm Workers union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Farm_Workers

We can create a lot of jobs if we are able to sell oranges to the Chinese, and orange juice, and soda, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Overseas travel?
Tried that once, to NZ ...lovely country, but my experience on the glacier turned me off overseas travel for life.
Also, I bought new cars with my savings instead. 
And, every long weekend and holidays I drove mrs bambu way out west to her family farm to spend time with her family.

Now I tour the world, via my HD colour tv...YouTube videos.
I go on cruises, tours with the van lifers all over the world...including Italy, every place in the world I travel.
Paris to Russia by train, west coast of America by train, Swiss alps by train, Rhine river cruises, South America, Central America, Greek islands, Monaco/Monte Carlo, LA by car, Hollywood hills by car...anywhere in America by car. India. The Orient Express. Europe everywhere.
Utah mountains.
Everywhere in the world I go...hours of travelling every week I do.
No lining up anywhere, no delays, no bad weather, no uncomfortable seating, no food I don't like...and if I fall asleep in my recliner, I just hit 'rewind'.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: March 23, 2021, 08:50:00 PM »

You are actually a head in a tank feeding leeches bambu, but who’s counting?

hahahah

Love this post.

It’s a good short list of folks we’ll be better off with in this country than you since klansman is the only item entered in your CV.

Luee seems to be pinning his hopes on making it as a crack “ho”. I think that’s pretty funny.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4269 on: March 23, 2021, 09:34:17 PM »

I want to get my vaccination, so that I can do stuff.

I can go meet my Mom and her husband Chuck at Olvera Street, that is such a treat. I want to take a trip, maybe to Italy, for even just a couple of weeks would be great. And if I am going to live in Anaheim then I need to get an annual pass for Disneyland. There are many things that I want to do.

Here is a link for my local travel agency. It is all in Spanish, and it looks like they specialize in trips to Paris. It would be fun just to see what they have available and what the prices are.

http://aeroparistravel.com/

And I need to find a girlfriend who wants to travel. I am ready to do some traveling.

Salute,

Tony V.

That site would be no good for me as I only speak english.
Once upon a time I could speak and write french, but Paris was a long way from Sydney, and only the rich flew overseas.

How did your wife get here, walk?

Born here.

I had a french pen friend at school.
She addressed her letters "Sir bambu".

She would correct my french, I would correct her english.

By ‘here’ I meant the USA on her trip abroad.but never mind.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4270 on: March 23, 2021, 09:37:14 PM »

A reminder of just how fucked folks on the right can be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIvAgKrq4tc&feature=emb_logo
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: March 23, 2021, 10:04:33 PM »

I want to get my vaccination, so that I can do stuff.

I can go meet my Mom and her husband Chuck at Olvera Street, that is such a treat. I want to take a trip, maybe to Italy, for even just a couple of weeks would be great. And if I am going to live in Anaheim then I need to get an annual pass for Disneyland. There are many things that I want to do.

Here is a link for my local travel agency. It is all in Spanish, and it looks like they specialize in trips to Paris. It would be fun just to see what they have available and what the prices are.

http://aeroparistravel.com/

And I need to find a girlfriend who wants to travel. I am ready to do some traveling.

Salute,

Tony V.

That site would be no good for me as I only speak english.
Once upon a time I could speak and write french, but Paris was a long way from Sydney, and only the rich flew overseas.

How did your wife get here, walk?

Born here.

I had a french pen friend at school.
She addressed her letters "Sir bambu".

She would correct my french, I would correct her english.

By ‘here’ I meant the USA on her trip abroad.but never mind.

Flew to Canada first, entered from there having done dog sledding and touring city, and homestays, Niagara Falls in winter.
She had all the correct documentation to enter US...I researched everything and filled it all out for her.
Had all her medications and prescriptions in her carry on luggage read for inspections.
She was fingerprinted, and face-scanned, for the national data bank.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: March 23, 2021, 10:12:31 PM »

A reminder of just how fucked folks on the right can be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIvAgKrq4tc&feature=emb_logo

Ship them all to Florida as a just and overdue Coda to The Trail of Tears. You won’t need small pox blankets to get them off their asses. Just tell them about the low, low taxes, lax gun laws, and daily chances to be scammed by someone as low life scum as any of their last three governors, Bush, Scott, and DeSantis. They’ll even be close to the festering cesspit in Palm Beach.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: March 23, 2021, 10:27:03 PM »

Border 'Crisis'

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1374317350711869445.html

I think what is UNFAIR is if kids are forced to go through the process

If they don't have to go through the process, then the borders will really be open..."walk right in no questions asked if you're under 18".
Parents will be paying people smugglers to get their children into America.
The trickle will become a flood.
There'll be millions walking in.
Where will they live?
How will they live?
Who will be caring for them?
Who will be paying?
In addition to being an idiot you are uninformed.
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: March 23, 2021, 11:44:40 PM »

I spent some time in Canada, lovely folks with clean cities. Some time in Baja as a tourist while living in orange county. Some interesting scenic fishing villages and kind people, lots of signs of banditos though. Met someone living in my apt. complex who said he was held for ransom. Had to wire the police $500.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 2929