Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761502 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7035 on: May 14, 2021, 03:02:39 PM »

As we work to build a new and improved economy...

We need to have a new American owned and operated film and television studio in Anaheim, California.

There is the Dodge film school at Chapman University, and there is USC film school not too far away, and we have The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Hollywood which is training actors, we need to create local jobs for the students for when they graduate.

We also need to have apartment complexes for homeless actors, and writers, and filmmakers, etc. The Actors Fund has been working together with the Chase and Royal Bank of Canada to create housing for homeless actors in Hollywood, and we need to create more housing for the actors. People come from all over the world to try to work in the Entertainment Industry, and some of the homeless people have years of training and work experience working in the Entertainment Industry, we need to have apartment complexes for homeless actors, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7036 on: May 14, 2021, 03:15:37 PM »

Is this, while perfectly cool if it is not - a sort of political maneuver to get more to have the vaccine?   The clear message with the chart that is being circulated - all green as in GO on the one (vaccintaed) - and all cloudy, fuzzy with colors on the other - is  that GETTING VACCINATED = FREEDOM.

In a country where most will be vaccinated and the counts will be so low, is this fair to those who really do feel they have good reason to not vaccinate?

"Most" as in 70%, being vaccinated doesn't create herd immunity, which doesn't happen until you reach something like 85-90% of a population immunized.  If, say, 30% refuse vax for whatever reason, we will have a chronic recurring spread of covid and its variants, and "freedom" will involve a lot of misery.  Call me crazy, but seems like not having to worry about any further covid would be a really delightful form of freedom.  Let's all put politics aside and come together to rid ourselves of this virus by getting vaxxed.
How many people had Covid and developed natural antibodies.?
Why do they need a vaccination?
They are big contributors to herd immunity, no?

Sit down
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7037 on: May 14, 2021, 03:19:18 PM »

And as long as we were visiting Newsmax - THIS - if you are interested

What you mean "we," Kemo Sabe?

Take it or leave it - doesn't surprise me

Some like to get other viewpoints.  Not you I guess

Some people like to swallow bullshit and you seem to wallow in it as you’re lapping it up.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: May 14, 2021, 03:21:27 PM »

I won, I knew my student film was legal, we made it at USC film school, and all of the rules were followed.

Warner Brothers Music tried to block it, but they could not do it because everything was done fair and square, everything was done legally at USC.

I am so happy that I can continue to share my student film. And I knew that USC is a great film school, if they said my film was safe to share then it is safe to share.

Here is my student film, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GJ2wBMgs-lQ

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: May 14, 2021, 04:13:51 PM »

And as long as we were visiting Newsmax - THIS - if you are interested

What you mean "we," Kemo Sabe?

Take it or leave it - doesn't surprise me

Some like to get other viewpoints.  Not you I guess
Recognizing the Newsmax is a gigantic stinking turd masquerading as a news source is not the same thing as not wanting to get other viewpoints.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: May 14, 2021, 04:16:29 PM »

Is this, while perfectly cool if it is not - a sort of political maneuver to get more to have the vaccine?   The clear message with the chart that is being circulated - all green as in GO on the one (vaccintaed) - and all cloudy, fuzzy with colors on the other - is  that GETTING VACCINATED = FREEDOM.

In a country where most will be vaccinated and the counts will be so low, is this fair to those who really do feel they have good reason to not vaccinate?

"Most" as in 70%, being vaccinated doesn't create herd immunity, which doesn't happen until you reach something like 85-90% of a population immunized.  If, say, 30% refuse vax for whatever reason, we will have a chronic recurring spread of covid and its variants, and "freedom" will involve a lot of misery.  Call me crazy, but seems like not having to worry about any further covid would be a really delightful form of freedom.  Let's all put politics aside and come together to rid ourselves of this virus by getting vaxxed.
No. Speaking as someone who has had it, vaccination increases immunity over mere natural antibodies by... , the doctor told me,  but I forget how much.  A lot.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: May 14, 2021, 05:08:22 PM »

No. Speaking as someone who has had it, vaccination increases immunity over mere natural antibodies by... , the doctor told me,  but I forget how much.  A lot.
Other Doctors disagree.
And there are tens of thousands (if not way more)) that never  experienced any symptoms.
A 70 per cent vaccination rate added to those already immune  could easily satisfy herd immunity according Fauci.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: May 14, 2021, 05:29:16 PM »

Segregation could be the answer.
Everyone in Israel, Gaza, West Bank gets identified, recorded on a national data base then is issued with a forge-proof photo ID card..."Jew" or "Arab".
The West Bank and Gaza are absorbed into Israel.
Only Jews allowed to be in Israel, everyone else must relocate to other countries.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: May 14, 2021, 05:33:53 PM »

Now rockets are being fired into Israel from Lebanon.
Gee, you'd think Lebanon is a big enough mess already, without picking a fight with Israel.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: May 14, 2021, 05:35:40 PM »

Walmart is dropping mask requirements in stores  for vaccinated workers and shoppers.
Trader Joe’s says it will be doing the same, soon.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-businesses-arent-budging-on-face-masks-for-now-11621013596?mod=hp_lead_pos1

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7045 on: May 14, 2021, 05:38:27 PM »

Other Doctors disagree.
And there are tens of thousands (if not way more)) that never  experienced any symptoms.
A 70 per cent vaccination rate added to those already immune  could easily satisfy herd immunity according Fauci.

Other doctors:

Doctor Feelgood

Doctor ‘Herd Immunity’ through unfettered infections

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: May 14, 2021, 05:45:04 PM »

Everyone in Israel, Gaza, West Bank gets identified, recorded on a national data base then is issued with a forge-proof photo ID card..."Jew" or "Arab".
Only Jews allowed to be in Israel, everyone else must relocate to other countries.
Pretty stupid.
Israel population is 21 % Arab, a majority of which are Citizens .

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: May 14, 2021, 05:55:29 PM »

Walmart is dropping mask requirements in stores  for vaccinated workers and shoppers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-businesses-arent-budging-on-face-masks-for-now-11621013596?mod=hp_lead_pos1

No!
Being vaccinated does not stop people getting Covid.
Astra Z is not effective against the South African strain.
Masks indoors stop any infected people from spreading the disease.

Sydney tried the no masks thing...then next minute a person with the Indian strain bobbed up...went everywhere, businesses shut, and masks are back on.
Going maskless now is way too soon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:04:56 PM by bambu. »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7048 on: May 14, 2021, 05:57:24 PM »

You plan on moving everyone else out by railcar?

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: May 14, 2021, 05:57:38 PM »

No!
Being vaccinated does not stop people getting Covid.
Astra Z is not effective against the South African strain.
Masks indoors stop any infected people from spreading the disease.
Then wear your mask. 
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 2929