Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759020 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8145 on: May 30, 2021, 10:03:48 PM »

And fwiw, and this should be obvious by now, Larry is just misleading Elba once again.

Perhaps treating Larry as a man was my mistake, as he's acting like a spoiled child.

Come on banks

You made a conclusion now show your work

PROVE “This week” was the only quote above the link.

You can’t because that’s not true

I did not mislead the form

You’re falling back in that because that’s all you got.

Looking for a lifeline Banks?

It ain’t coming.

You’re wrong and you’re too big a schmuck to admit it.

yet you admitted a mistake and I've shown that you tried to pass off 2016 data as 2020, when a simple introductory sentence written by your big-self would have explained your position and clearly comped the data. Yet the extent of your scholarship was "this week" and a link to 2016 data. It was sloppy and misleading. It was the work of a child.

I did not write an introductory sentence

I did not try to pass off 2016 data as current because that would hav3 defeated the purpose of 5he post which was to contrast America’s attitude from then to 2039.

It was a pull quote from the article and I did not edit out the two words this week out of it before posting. The pull quote was sufficient for everyone but you because once you knew it was a mistake you’ve taken a year to avoid admitting YOU read it wrong,

I captioned the thing “America you had your chance”

The quote spoke for itself with exception of this week that made it look current.

You called me on it and I said it was 2016 and you were off to the races because YOU were too lax to click through the article

I read the article thats how I understood the misleading nature of your post.

How many excuses are you going to come up with to cover for an inability to write one fucking sentence or taking some snippet from the article, beyond "this week" to give it context and some meaning. Instead "this week" created a false narrative equating America and protests in 2016 and 2020.

Jesus you're fucking dense.

Inability?

Dude I cut and pasted a paragraph from an article to give the link context. I’ve not changed my position in a year. I made mistake.
It’s taken you a year to come off calling me a liar and you’re excuse is you were too stupid to read an article before flaming it.

It’s getting late.

Pull up your depends and got to bed.

I’m sorry I didn’t spoon feed it to you.

Next t8me I’ll put it in a sippy cup it won’t drool off your chin.

Larry I have no doubt you can cut and paste and plagiarize. For a journalist I find it surprising you couldn't write one sentence to shape and define your argument, beyond a misleading "this week" creating a false narrative that equated 2016 and 2020.

Your idiotic childish insults do little to deflect my factual observations.

Get some rest Larry.

I didn’t plagiarize anything.

I cut the paragraph from the article, posted it in italics above the link and captioned it with “America you had your chances” 

I KEEP SAYING I MADE A MISTAKE.

But you spent a year calling me a LIAR and you’re too prideful to admit that you were wrong about that

Now your rap is I didn’t write an accompanying sentence so poor old banksia boo wouldn’t be confused.

You’re telling me you’re so cognitively declined I have to hold your hand and read it to you phonetically?

I didn’t write the article and It was clearly about the NFL protests and when it was posted it was FUCKNG JUNE.

Why would I write a sentence when I was doing a quick and dirty to the point post?

Go to bed banks.

Next time you step to me bring your facts and well supported arguments
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 10:08:57 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8146 on: May 30, 2021, 10:06:52 PM »

You chose the biggest asshole in The Loony Tunes universe as an avatar.

Another thing, this ain’t no magazine for me to sweat over errors in spelling, punctuation or editing
in order to mollycoddle anal retentive jizzheads like you.

You're a lot less eloquent when your ghostwriter has the day off, Larry. Of course, you're only writing with one hand from your chair.

That's pretty fucking weak sauce.

Oh look who is here

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: May 30, 2021, 10:27:46 PM »

But you spent a year calling me a LIAR and you’re too prideful to admit that you were wrong about that

Larry I understand hyperbole, but a year ago I spent about a day or two posting about your Kap 2016 post. And then it was over. At least in my mind.

I did not spend a year calling you a liar, although, we discussed and argued other topics.

However it seems you spent the past year crying.

For that I'm sorry.

Wipe your tears Larry.
Yesterday you decided to reopen the topic.

I'm not sure why, but you did.

And other than driving poor barton away, and losing one of Elba's finest warriors of the woke, before he answered my question why he didn't care about facts, I'm not at all sure what we accomplished.

Nothing has changed

except you've tried to dodge accountability and  responsibility for creating a false narrative BUT once again admitting you made a mistake.

Lets agree to finish this, put it to bed, and next year we can do it again.

I promise I'll make you look like a fool again.

And you can play the aggrieved victim again and the race card.

You get a two-fer Larry.

Now give me a big Achtung you big lug and off to bed you go.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 10:29:36 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8148 on: May 30, 2021, 10:39:37 PM »

Larry I understand hyperbole, but a year ago I spent about a day or two posting about your Kap 2016 post. And then it was over. At least in my mind.

I did not spend a year calling you a liar, although, we discussed and argued other topics.

For that I'm sorry.

Wipe your tears Larry.

And other than driving poor barton away, and losing one of Elba's finest warriors of the woke, before he answered my question why he didn't care about facts, I'm not at all sure what we accomplished.

Nothing has changed

except you've tried to dodge accountability and  responsibility for creating a false narrative BUT once again admitting you made a mistake.

You get a two-fer Larry.

Fuck you banks.

All you had to was accept I made a mistake and you couldn’t.

January 6 ain’t over.

Achtung bitch.

Declare victory and slink away piss pot.

Go jerk off if you can raise the dead.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 10:41:48 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: May 30, 2021, 11:16:28 PM »

News Item

Former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said Sunday that accidental lab leaks "happen all the time" amid mounting concern regarding the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Gottlieb, citing safety concerns at research labs in the U.S. and abroad during an appearance on CBS' "Face the Nation." said a conclusive determination on where the pandemic originated was critical to prevent deadly outbreaks in the future.

These kinds of lab leaks happen all the time, actually. Even here in the United States, we’ve had mishaps, and in China, the last six known outbreaks of SARS-1 have been out of labs, including the last known outbreak, which was a pretty extensive outbreak that China initially wouldn’t disclose that it came out of a lab.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: May 30, 2021, 11:57:32 PM »

For that I'm sorry.

Wipe your tears Larry.

Nothing has changed

You get a two-fer Larry.

Fuck you banks.

January 6 ain’t over.

Achtung bitch.

Larry the truth is I accepted your mistake a year ago, and to me it was over. But you couldn't accept that you made a mistake, it blows a hole in your carefully crafted narrative of victimhood by the demons and avoid taking accountability or responsibility for your word or actions or weaknesses, and apparently its been gnawing away at you for a year.

And I'm truly sorry for that.

Thanks for the Achtung, it sort of sums up the caricature of the real inner Larry. 

But your other stuff is just stream of consciousness off-topic bullshit to dress up your content-free rhetoric.

Sweet dreams Larry

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: May 31, 2021, 01:07:20 AM »

And fwiw, and this should be obvious by now, Larry is just misleading Elba once again.

Perhaps treating Larry as a man was my mistake, as he's acting like a spoiled child.

First stop sucking your thumb.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: May 31, 2021, 08:59:49 AM »

The anti-business DeSantis:

The law is the last thing the cruise industry needs, said travel industry analyst Patrick Scholes, managing director of Truist Securities, as they try to reassure passengers that it's safe to return to their all-you-can-eat buffets after 15 months.

"It has been a year of migraines and kicks in the teeth for the cruise industry. Now, they're finally getting ready to restart, and you have the governor of Florida basically playing a game of chicken with them," Scholes said.

The dispute may end up in court, as the cruise industry argues that the state law doesn't apply to it thanks to federal rules. In the meantime, companies may decide to move ahead with plans to require vaccinations, even if it means racking up violations in Florida.

"It might even be cheaper for them to just eat the fines," Scholes said. "They are burning millions of dollars a day having their ships idle."

Florida, which is by far the biggest embarkation point for cruises in the U.S., is home to the headquarters and key infrastructure of several major cruise lines, including Norwegian, whose CEO said the Miami-based company might have to pull its ships out of the state because of the vaccine passport prohibitions.

"We hope that this doesn't become a legal football or a political football. But at the end of the day, cruise ships have motors, propellers and rudders. And God forbid we can't operate in the state of Florida for whatever reason, then there are other states that we do operate from. And we can operate from the Caribbean for ships that otherwise would have gone to Florida," CEO Frank Del Rio said on a recent earnings call with investors and analysts.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/cruise-lines-florida-gov-desantis-square-over-vaccine-passports-n1269029
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: May 31, 2021, 10:03:36 AM »

This thread had 13 participants a little while back (that's how many answered the vax poll).

Now you're down to about five.   Bo,  Bart,  Kam,  Needs,  Deej,  et al,  seem to have left.

Really,  I mean no offense,  but you all need to do some candid self-reflection and give thought to what the topic here is,  and what makes for an atmosphere of open friendly discussion. 

Ok,  my Marge Gunderson moment is over.   Good luck.

Per Bart's request,  I will post his website when it's up.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: May 31, 2021, 11:34:48 AM »

This thread had 13 participants a little while back (that's how many answered the vax poll).

Now you're down to about five.   Bo,  Bart,  Kam,  Needs,  Deej,  et al,  seem to have left.

Really,  I mean no offense,  but you all need to do some candid self-reflection and give thought to what the topic here is,  and what makes for an atmosphere of open friendly discussion. 

Aaaa-yip.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8156 on: May 31, 2021, 12:21:36 PM »

S okay

I’m out.

I take full responsibility for my part in the bullshit.

See y’all some other time.

Wherever y’all end up make sure you squash the bullying from the get go.

One can have many disagreements while being civil.

A forum is not a field of battle and one should not have to come in with protective gear.

You wanna fight?

Join a gym. Fulfill your macho fantasies in real life.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8157 on: May 31, 2021, 12:22:42 PM »

For that I'm sorry.

Wipe your tears Larry.

Nothing has changed

You get a two-fer Larry.

Fuck you banks.

January 6 ain’t over.

Achtung bitch.

Larry the truth is I accepted your mistake a year ago, and to me it was over. But you couldn't accept that you made a mistake, it blows a hole in your carefully crafted narrative of victimhood by the demons and avoid taking accountability or responsibility for your word or actions or weaknesses, and apparently its been gnawing away at you for a year.

Thanks for the Achtung, it sort of sums up the caricature of the real inner Larry. 

But your other stuff is just stream of consciousness off-topic bullshit to dress up your content-free rhetoric.

Sweet dreams Larry

I guess a glass of warm milk didn’t do the trick, huh?

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: May 31, 2021, 12:37:44 PM »

For that I'm sorry.

Wipe your tears Larry.

Nothing has changed

You get a two-fer Larry.

Fuck you banks.

January 6 ain’t over.

Achtung bitch.

Sweet dreams Larry

I guess a glass of warm milk didn’t do the trick, huh?

Insomnia is not an issue.

I read this forum and it puts me to sleep.

Hell how many of Red's LOL's is one expected to wade through?

And I too am fully aware of my responsibility in the recent drama, which lasted all of a day and a half.

But the real problem here is lack of moderation and I'm not blaming anyone for that.

The other problem is this forum for better or worse has become reflective of our country over the past few years.

People seem to want to operate under their own truths, are intolerant of others or too damned scared of appearing not woke enough, and are incapable of thinking for themselves.

I could go on, but I won't.

On this Memorial Day lets remember those that gave their lives so that we could have internet flame wars.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: May 31, 2021, 12:54:09 PM »

And I too am fully aware of my responsibility in the recent drama, which lasted all of a day and a half.

But the real problem here is lack of moderation and I'm not blaming anyone for that.

There is a lack of moderation, but you should take credit for that.

So should Napoleon, with his newest name.

So should Larry.

But it's not a day and a half. It's largely day in and day out, and hardly restricted to you three.

Mostly, folks don't want to follow either the Elba rules or the rules of civil discourse. Nor do they mostly want me droppin hammers down, but unlike Liq I cannot put posts on moderation where I would see them first. (And even if I could, you all know the bullshit that would follow immediately.)

The sports fora get stupid, but seldom as long and seldom as stupid. Perhaps the "moderate" approach would be to shut down politics until people can agree on rules of decorum, while leaving everything else open.

I don't know.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 2929