Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757325 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9480 on: June 15, 2021, 10:28:26 AM »

thanks to those who have provided their political ID, but if you could

Can you "check the boxes" that comes closest to pigeon-holing you as I will be trying to comp the Elba self-ID to a larger standardized pool of data. And I'd rather not try to interpret your puzzle pieces.

And my oversight, should have included an Indy party affiliation, but the real definer is the ideology label.

thanks for playing
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:31:53 AM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9481 on: June 15, 2021, 10:33:54 AM »

I’m glad she confided that to you, Luee, and that you thought fit to share it with us. She must be one of the most tolerant people in the world. Far more tolerant than I would be or can see that she would have any reason to be to be so forthcoming.

Any further insights?

Her husband-brother from another mother explained it to me. Just thought it was an interesting topic to be brought up for analysis and debate.

---As Democrats are trying to quell internal tensions over remarks Rep. Ilhan Omar made last week apparently comparing the U.S. and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban, Republicans are re-upping their push to condemn Omar and her allies over comments about Israel.---

Meanwhile MTG went to the Holocaust museum and now says the Holocaust was real...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: June 15, 2021, 11:01:37 AM »

I’m glad she confided that to you, Luee, and that you thought fit to share it with us. She must be one of the most tolerant people in the world. Far more tolerant than I would be or can see that she would have any reason to be to be so forthcoming.

Any further insights?

Her husband-brother from another mother explained it to me. Just thought it was an interesting topic to be brought up for analysis and debate.

---As Democrats are trying to quell internal tensions over remarks Rep. Ilhan Omar made last week apparently comparing the U.S. and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban, Republicans are re-upping their push to condemn Omar and her allies over comments about Israel.---

While not seeking to do the same to their own party members for outrageous statements and actions.

Glad to see where you throw your support, Luee.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: June 15, 2021, 11:05:03 AM »

thanks to those who have provided their political ID, but if you could

Can you "check the boxes" that comes closest to pigeon-holing you as I will be trying to comp the Elba self-ID to a larger standardized pool of data. And I'd rather not try to interpret your puzzle pieces.

And my oversight, should have included an Indy party affiliation, but the real definer is the ideology label.

thanks for playing
I did not respond because I reject the labels. Most of my positions are center (or what used to be center) to center left. Some are conservative and some very progressive.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #9485 on: June 15, 2021, 11:08:16 AM »

It's hard to pigeonhole people who look at each issue on its own merits.   

Meanwhile, another Breanna Taylor like case emerges.

https://apnews.com/article/breonna-taylor-george-floyd-georgia-shootings-2b47ffa9db88b3848799e97b94417086

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: June 15, 2021, 11:22:13 AM »

Meanwhile, another Breanna Taylor like case emerges.

https://apnews.com/article/breonna-taylor-george-floyd-georgia-shootings-2b47ffa9db88b3848799e97b94417086
Well, I think most of us look at issues on their own merits. We just view them through our own lenses.
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: June 15, 2021, 11:25:00 AM »

I do too, but if I had to provide a generally accurate description of my political ID, I could and did

I'm generally a liberal on most social issues, more moderate on economic issues, and mixed on matters of foreign affairs, I'm decent at vetting issues. I've never voted for a Repub for president and have no immediate plans to do so. So for the matter of a broad poll, I find it not that hard to generalize.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: June 15, 2021, 11:31:36 AM »

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/state-bar-investigating-texas-attorney-general-ken-paxton-ap-exclusive/2653029/

He's being investigated for having filed a frivolous lawsuit about the presidential election.

It would be hilarious if that were to be what brought him down, first.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9489 on: June 15, 2021, 11:49:38 AM »

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: June 15, 2021, 12:20:36 PM »

On Monday’s broadcast of CBS’ “Late Show, comedian Jon Stewart ( and former host)said that the coronavirus pandemic was “more than likely caused by science.” And seemingly mocked claims that the virus originated naturally.

“I think we owe a great debt of gratitude to science. Science has, in many ways, helped ease the suffering of this pandemic, which was more than likely caused by science.”

What do we do? Oh, you know who we could ask, the Wuhan novel respiratory coronavirus lab. The disease is the same name as the lab. That’s just a little too weird, don’t you think? And then they ask those scientists, they’re like…’So, wait a minute, you work at the Wuhan respiratory coronavirus lab, how did this happen?’ And they’re like, ‘Uhh, a pangolin kissed a turtle?'”

“Oh my God, there’s been an outbreak of chocolatey goodness near Hershey, Pennsylvania. What do you think happened? Oh, I don’t know maybe a steam shovel mated with a cocoa bean. Or it’s the fuckin’ chocolate factory. Maybe that’s it.”

But back to Wuhan China.It’s a local specialty. And it’s the only place to find bats. You won’t find bats anywhere else. Oh, wait, Austin, Texas has thousands of them that fly out of a cave every night, every night at dusk. Is there a coronavirus — an Austin coronavirus? No, there doesn’t seem to be an Austin coronavirus. The only coronavirus we have is in Wuhan, where they have a lab called, what’s the lab called again?

ROFL!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:22:53 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: June 15, 2021, 12:26:25 PM »

It’s all part of the main story, republican corruption.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6/14/2035181/-Democrats-Must-Use-the-Most-Powerful-Word-In-Politics

Republican corruption is killing the United States, your state & your hometown. Ending republican power is the only way to save the places that we love. We must do it now and for all time if anything of value is to survive.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9492 on: June 15, 2021, 12:26:51 PM »

:o
On Monday’s broadcast of CBS’ “Late Show, comedian Jon Stewart ( and former host)said that the coronavirus pandemic was “more than likely caused by science.” And seemingly mocked claims that the virus originated naturally.

“I think we owe a great debt of gratitude to science. Science has, in many ways, helped ease the suffering of this pandemic, which was more than likely caused by science.”

What do we do? Oh, you know who we could ask, the Wuhan novel respiratory coronavirus lab. The disease is the same name as the lab. That’s just a little too weird, don’t you think? And then they ask those scientists, they’re like…’So, wait a minute, you work at the Wuhan respiratory coronavirus lab, how did this happen?’ And they’re like, ‘Uhh, a pangolin kissed a turtle?'”

“Oh my God, there’s been an outbreak of chocolatey goodness near Hershey, Pennsylvania. What do you think happened? Oh, I don’t know maybe a steam shovel mated with a cocoa bean. Or it’s the fuckin’ chocolate factory. Maybe that’s it.”

But back to Wuhan China.It’s a local specialty. And it’s the only place to find bats. You won’t find bats anywhere else. Oh, wait, Austin, Texas has thousands of them that fly out of a cave every night, every night at dusk. Is there a coronavirus — an Austin coronavirus? No, there doesn’t seem to be an Austin coronavirus. The only coronavirus we have is in Wuhan, where they have a lab called, what’s the lab called again?

ROFL!

Squirrel!

600, 000 dead after Covid hit our shores.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: June 15, 2021, 12:33:04 PM »

http://mobile.twitter.com/parkerbutler10/status/1404613059813982208

Republican corruption is everywhere and it’s always terrible for every voter in range.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: June 15, 2021, 12:39:35 PM »

:o

ROFL!

Squirrel!

600, 000 dead after Covid hit our shores.

Red is just making the point that republican corruption was put in service of what he’s painting as a Chinese bio-terror attack for the last couple of years. By his reading, republicans and Xi in their corrupt homicidal affairs have killed 600,000 Americans and counting. The more Red explains the more it seems he’s accusing his party of treason for political gain. Red paints a very dark picture of republican corruption, something about which everyone in Texas who can’t turn on air conditioning or do laundry now must clearly acknowledge.

Republicans have earned Red’s vengeance not his vote.

Remind everyone of republican corruption this and every election.

Scour out the GOP from every office. It’s the only cure for out of control republican corruption.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 12:44:09 PM by facilitatorn »
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 2928