Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757160 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9765 on: June 17, 2021, 02:22:48 PM »

So far this year, 20,169 Americans have been killed by a gun, including 11,088 suicides. Another 17,584 people have been wounded.

694 children and teens under age 18 have been killed by guns, and another 1,757 have been wounded.

There have been 279 mass shootings resulting in 315 deaths and 1,166 injuries.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: June 17, 2021, 02:53:55 PM »

So the other day, failed Florida congressional candidate Anna Luna publicly alleged a political rival planned to have her killed. Just another paranoid right wing looney, I thought. Turns out, I was right, but she wasn't the looney in question:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/06/17/secret-recording-florida-republican-threat-hit-squad-494976
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: June 17, 2021, 02:54:32 PM »

The accidental hero.

An unemployed addict with 8 criminal convictions who was unjustly murdered, becomes the new icon for the Woke Era, posed here, sitting on a bench, outside of Newark City Hall.

What is this idealized George Floyd is thinking about on that bench? Justice? Police reform? His family? Counterfeiting? Where to score some  fentanyl and methamphetamine?

Old heroes can still be found in the Wars of America statue in Newark's Military Park erected in 1926, from the same sculptor who gave us Mount Rushmore.

He was a human being whose murder galvanized the entire western world.

If he had been Ward Cleaver HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN MURDERED IN SUCH FASHION.

Chauvin INTENTIONALLY murdered the guy on camera and just knew he would suffer no repercussion.

He didn’t have to be a saint to be a symbol of the danger black people feel every day from the people OUR TAX DOLLARS pay to protect and serve  our communities.

Yes. Like I said, "unjustly murdered". An accidental hero.

Such is the world today.

Such is the world yesterday, today and probably tomorrow.

We can’t pick our heroes.

https://ageofrevolutions.com/2018/03/05/crispus-attucks-american-revolutionary-hero/

But that is exactly what's been done, now, and in centuries past.

And then, and now, when someone points out the feet of clay (or needlemarks) on these constructed myths, they are shunned, attacked, put down, etc.

You can't get into a froth and attack George Washington's character for having slaves while excusing MLK, Jr for plagiarism and infidelity.

And you can hold Chauvin's actions as reprehensible and hold him accountable without elevating Floyd to sainthood, too, if you want to be fair and balanced.

But that's not what has happened.

Same as it ever was.

You’ve no clue.

Fair and balanced?

Floyd represented a whole segment of society you despise including MLK.

You can really hold adultery balanced on the same scale of participating in chattel slavery?

Yeah. You can.

1) Saying that I "despise" a "whole segment of society" and "MLK", is an assertion for which you have provided no evidence.  Absence such evidence, you have no business making that comment. 

2) I did not hold adultery as being on the same scale as slavery, and a fair and balanced reading of my post would show that you have no business making that comment.

3) What I am pointing out is the character flaws of those who become idealized are greatly overlooked in the name of advancing a particular cause. The cause elevates the individual, and in some cases well beyond where that individual should have ever been considered for elevation.

4) If you confront your OWN biases, you might begin to see that this is a reasonable argument.

5) I doubt that will happen.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 02:56:14 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: June 17, 2021, 03:13:05 PM »

Tom Hanks extends a helping hand, and is promptly bitten for doing so.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/13/1005725990/tom-hanks-is-a-non-racist-its-time-for-him-to-be-anti-racist

Stupid Tom went out there and had a career playing white people!  Who the fuck does he think he is?

You need to go out there, Tommy-Boy, and self-flagellate and criticize yourself and your art before Mr. Deggans accepts you. You, too, Spielberg! 

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9769 on: June 17, 2021, 03:13:56 PM »

The accidental hero.

An unemployed addict with 8 criminal convictions who was unjustly murdered, becomes the new icon for the Woke Era, posed here, sitting on a bench, outside of Newark City Hall.

What is this idealized George Floyd is thinking about on that bench? Justice? Police reform? His family? Counterfeiting? Where to score some  fentanyl and methamphetamine?

Old heroes can still be found in the Wars of America statue in Newark's Military Park erected in 1926, from the same sculptor who gave us Mount Rushmore.

Chauvin INTENTIONALLY murdered the guy on camera and just knew he would suffer no repercussion.

He didn’t have to be a saint to be a symbol of the danger black people feel every day from the people OUR TAX DOLLARS pay to protect and serve  our communities.

Such is the world today.

https://ageofrevolutions.com/2018/03/05/crispus-attucks-american-revolutionary-hero/

And then, and now, when someone points out the feet of clay (or needlemarks) on these constructed myths, they are shunned, attacked, put down, etc.

You can't get into a froth and attack George Washington's character for having slaves while excusing MLK, Jr for plagiarism and infidelity.

And you can hold Chauvin's actions as reprehensible and hold him accountable without elevating Floyd to sainthood, too, if you want to be fair and balanced.

Same as it ever was.

You’ve no clue.

Fair and balanced?

You can really hold adultery balanced on the same scale of participating in chattel slavery?

Yeah. You can.

1) Saying that I "despise" a "whole segment of society" and "MLK", is an assertion for which you have provided no evidence.  Absence such evidence, you have no business making that comment. 

2) I did not hold adultery as being on the same scale as slavery, and a fair and balanced reading of my post would show that you have no business making that comment.

”You can't get into a froth and attack George Washington's character for having slaves while excusing MLK, Jr for plagiarism and infidelity.”

3) What I am pointing out is the character flaws of those who become idealized are greatly overlooked in the name of advancing a particular cause. The cause elevates the individual, and in some cases well beyond where that individual should have ever been considered for elevation.

4) If you confront your OWN biases, you might begin to see that this is a reasonable argument.

Bitch please.

Have all the seats
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #9770 on: June 17, 2021, 03:19:31 PM »

They don't know why so much power was offline.
Of course they do.  Wind energy plunged by two-thirds since late last week.

False.   

This drop is due to damaged power plants (still not repaired after last winter's debacle).   

Variable seasonal wind is expected.   One reason that solar is a good piece of the equation is that it tends to peak when there are summer doldrums.   Not that wind ever really quits in West Texas.   And battery storage is also going to help balance things out.

Holly Martins

« Reply #9771 on: June 17, 2021, 03:24:41 PM »

Putin said, “On the question of who is murdering whom, people rioted and went into the Congress in the U.S. with political demands, and many people were declared as criminals and they are threatened with imprisonment for 20 to 25 years. These people were immediately arrested after those events. On what grounds we don’t know always. … Others were just shot on the spot and unarmed as well.”

Putin dominant

Joe tired

https://www.poynter.org/newsletters/2021/at-the-biden-putin-summit-journalists-got-into-it-with-both-leaders-and-each-other/

You're right,  Puton dominated on the lying and false equivalencies.  Good call.

Holly Martins

« Reply #9772 on: June 17, 2021, 03:31:47 PM »

1) Saying that I "despise" a "whole segment of society" ...is an assertion for which you have provided no evidence....

Why would he bother,  when you've provided that evidence so amply in your own posts here.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #9773 on: June 17, 2021, 03:35:34 PM »

So the other day, failed Florida congressional candidate Anna Luna publicly alleged a political rival planned to have her killed. Just another paranoid right wing looney, I thought. Turns out, I was right, but she wasn't the looney in question:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/06/17/secret-recording-florida-republican-threat-hit-squad-494976

Frank Underwood is everywhere.

Holly Martins

« Reply #9774 on: June 17, 2021, 03:38:09 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/13/1005725990/tom-hanks-is-a-non-racist-its-time-for-him-to-be-anti-racist

Stupid Tom went out there and had a career playing white people!  Who the fuck does he think he is?

You need to go out there, Tommy-Boy, and self-flagellate and criticize yourself and your art before Mr. Deggans accepts you. You, too, Spielberg!

Do you get some special RW talking points newsletter that helps you keep up this endless ooze of Strawman bullshit?   No one's biting Forrest G.   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: June 17, 2021, 03:42:10 PM »

The accidental hero.

Such is the world today.

Same as it ever was.

You’ve no clue.

Fair and balanced?

Yeah. You can.

”You can't get into a froth and attack George Washington's character for having slaves while excusing MLK, Jr for plagiarism and infidelity.”

Bitch please.

Have all the seats

And you proved my point.

It's a shame that you can't make a logical argument, admit you're wrong, or act in a manner that shows you are worthy of the respect you demand.

But that's who you be.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: June 17, 2021, 03:44:25 PM »

Do you get some special RW talking points newsletter that helps you keep up this endless ooze of Strawman bullshit?   No one's biting Forrest G.

There's a reason you live in fly-over country. You clearly don't pay attention. Some of us don't take dictation or directions daily, like you obviously do.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: June 17, 2021, 03:57:40 PM »

Nor does the prior administration give us reason to think things would be better with more GOP control. They couldn't even begin to work on the infrastructure when they controlled Congress and the White House!

Your general understanding and research skills are poor.

Trump Administration, where every week was infrastructure week!

Pretty much - yep

Grand plans - stolen chance.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9778 on: June 17, 2021, 03:58:07 PM »

And you proved my point.

It's a shame that you can't make a logical argument, admit you're wrong, or act in a manner that shows you are worthy of the respect you demand.

But that's who you be.

Really?

I proved your point?

Go take a nap. You’ve been day drinking again.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: June 17, 2021, 04:00:08 PM »

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or bo(x)ed?

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 2927