Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756934 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9960 on: June 18, 2021, 03:19:14 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: June 18, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/06/18/mike-bender-book-excerpt-trump-495071

A little recent history.

Stand by your man, alabastards? Really?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: June 18, 2021, 05:40:16 PM »

The Dow's down a few hundred today and 1300-1400 in the last 9 business days.

Predictions?
The Dow will rise again despite Euro Joe and his love of taxes.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: June 18, 2021, 05:46:36 PM »

Predictions?
The Dow will rise again despite because of Euro Joe and his love of taxes. expert handling of the pandemic and economy.
fify
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: June 18, 2021, 06:10:53 PM »

Predictions?
The Dow will rise again despite Euro Joe and his love of taxes.

The concerns are inflationary pressures building as the economy rebounds and the Fed not backstopping the bond market forever.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: June 18, 2021, 06:13:13 PM »

Poor Joe. 
Now he is catching flak from Obama’s Ethics Czar;

Walter Shaub, the director of the United States Office of Government Ethics under President Obama, said the Biden administration is sending a "fuck you" to ethics experts by hiring so many relatives of senior White House officials.

I'm sorry, I know some folks don't like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks. I'm disgusted," Shaub wrote in a Twitter thread Friday, reacting to an article about the family ties of Biden officials.

EVEN THE FUCKING HEAD OF PRESIDENTIAL PERSONNEL, WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE KEEPING THEM HONEST, HAS A CHILD WHO'S A RECENT COLLEGE GRAD WORKING IN THE ADMINISTRATION. AND THE SPOUSE OF THE WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD," Shaub added.

And I don't love having a milk lobbyist running USDA or a ‘strategic advisor’ (i.e., shadow lobbyist) running the State Department," Shaub continued. "Or the brother of Biden's top WH advisor lobbying the Executive Office of the President through a firm the Biden appointee founded."

Biden is A FUCKING FAILURE!

Gee Walter, remember Biden’s hires are diverse, though.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:39:22 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: June 18, 2021, 06:28:14 PM »

Apparently the VA is not considered infrastructure to the present adm. . One dentist for a dozen vets! The new head of the VA was brought in to do a hatchet job. Expect an uncovered scandal soon.

There are 61 dentists per 100,000 residents in the United States.

1 dentist for 12 vets is a major luxury.

More trump residue scumbag scandals are being uncovered as we speak. I’m sure some crooked republican looters raided the VA and made off with loot Congress appropriated to our veterans, how ever ungrateful some of those individuals may be.

One dentist for twelve waiting patients on one clinic morning. Last scandal was about Vets dying waiting while books were cooked to show there was no waiting list.

The VA scandal of 2014, explained

https://www.vox.com/2014/9/26/18080592/va-scandal-explained

Anchor babies and rusted bridges over vets is a disgrace.

Ignoring your racist language, babies vs. vets is a made up contest.

And no, rusted bridges over dentists for vets is anything but a disgrace, while also a made up contest.

DENTISTS ARE NOT INFRASTRUCTURE!

But also, how many dead civilians are you prepared to sacrifice for each new dentist, since this version of the game is yours?!

How many billions of dollars from the economy? How much time from those civilians, when their bridges break, as happened pretty recently and has happened repeatedly?

However... under the much maligned (and justly so) Trump administration, Congress passed a joint resolution to create a pilot program to improve vets access to dental care:
https://www.congress.gov/116/plaws/publ120/PLAW-116publ120.pdf

It's been close on a year and a half since then. You might go check to see what is happening with the pilot program, Luee.

And you're welcome.

Anchor babies is racist? Is "illegal aliens" racist? Anyone opposed to open borders is racist? I already know what has happened to pro-vet reform legislation. It was put on the back burner. If you are going into a much needed tax and spend mode why cut from the vets, progressive?

Yes, anchor babies is racist as well as pretty rare in practice, despite your never-ending drumbeat using that racist term.

"Illegal aliens" assumes facts not in evidence. We know there are undocumented residents.

Since I am opposed to open borders, I hope not everybody opposed to it is racist, but since very few folks, even among progressives, are calling for open borders, again despite your repetition, I would guess that no, opposition to it is not inherently racist.

However, the insistence that anybody who doesn't stand for what you stand for is pro open borders is certainly bigoted, as well as ill-informed.

"I know what happened to pro-vet reform. It was put on the back burner."

Has nothing to do with what I posted about - that got passed and signed into law.

I take it that you haven't bothered looking to see how the VA under Trump, let alone Biden, might have worked on the pilot program that has been approved.

You wondered about why cuts to the VA. You mean like these?
https://budget.house.gov/publications/report/president-trump-s-extreme-budget-cuts-hurt-veterans

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs had outlays of about 218.39 billion U.S. dollars in 2020. By 2026, the outlays of the Department of Veterans Affairs are expected to increase to about 334.8 billion U.S. dollars.

~Statista

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/12/22/va-gets-big-funding-increase-in-final-fiscal-2021-budget-deal/

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/veterans-affairs/2021/04/another-year-another-record-high-budget-request-for-va/

VA has experienced several consecutive years of budget increases, and if the Biden administration gets its way, 2022 would be no different.

The department has asked for $113.1 billion in discretionary funding next year, a 8.2% increase over 2021 levels.

So, what the fuck are you talking about?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: June 18, 2021, 06:28:30 PM »

Red likes scoring points with himself. After a lot of practice and many false starts, he’s gotten all the way to third base in that very exclusive league. Then someone immediately tagged him out. Looking back it seems obvious that someone was himself.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9968 on: June 18, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »

Apparently the VA is not considered infrastructure to the present adm. . One dentist for a dozen vets! The new head of the VA was brought in to do a hatchet job. Expect an uncovered scandal soon.

There are 61 dentists per 100,000 residents in the United States.

1 dentist for 12 vets is a major luxury.

More trump residue scumbag scandals are being uncovered as we speak. I’m sure some crooked republican looters raided the VA and made off with loot Congress appropriated to our veterans, how ever ungrateful some of those individuals may be.

One dentist for twelve waiting patients on one clinic morning. Last scandal was about Vets dying waiting while books were cooked to show there was no waiting list.

The VA scandal of 2014, explained

https://www.vox.com/2014/9/26/18080592/va-scandal-explained

Anchor babies and rusted bridges over vets is a disgrace.

Ignoring your racist language, babies vs. vets is a made up contest.

And no, rusted bridges over dentists for vets is anything but a disgrace, while also a made up contest.

DENTISTS ARE NOT INFRASTRUCTURE!

But also, how many dead civilians are you prepared to sacrifice for each new dentist, since this version of the game is yours?!

How many billions of dollars from the economy? How much time from those civilians, when their bridges break, as happened pretty recently and has happened repeatedly?

However... under the much maligned (and justly so) Trump administration, Congress passed a joint resolution to create a pilot program to improve vets access to dental care:
https://www.congress.gov/116/plaws/publ120/PLAW-116publ120.pdf

It's been close on a year and a half since then. You might go check to see what is happening with the pilot program, Luee.

And you're welcome.

Anchor babies is racist? Is "illegal aliens" racist? Anyone opposed to open borders is racist? I already know what has happened to pro-vet reform legislation. It was put on the back burner. If you are going into a much needed tax and spend mode why cut from the vets, progressive?

Your immigration stance is racist and xenophobic. You’re also an Islamapnobe... so yeah, luee, that’s racist AF.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: June 18, 2021, 06:37:14 PM »

"Since I am opposed to open borders ... "

Heh.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: June 18, 2021, 06:38:38 PM »

Still more recent, from the VA budget question:
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/06/01/va-gets-another-massive-funding-increase-bidens-first-budget.html

June 1st.

So, Luee - can you manage to admit you are wrong?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: June 18, 2021, 06:41:43 PM »

We have a police problem.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/us/portland-oregon-police-resign-team/index.html

The police will not stand up for the law over their fellow officers. An indictment of one is cause for mass resignations by the others.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: June 18, 2021, 06:47:05 PM »

Follow-up on the open vs closed on the federal holiday of Juneteenth inane questions:

The offices of one of the colleges I teach at was closed today, per an "out of office" reply I got, asking about Spring 22 plans. One I am proposing to teach at in the Winter or Spring terms was open and replied fairly promptly to my inquiry.

They are both public universities/colleges, but in different states. The more liberal of the states was the one whose college office was open today.

Neither had classes schedule for today, so none were cancelled.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: June 18, 2021, 07:04:27 PM »

Happy Paul McCartney Day, everyone.

Are we allowed to celebrate Sir Paul? He may not have given enough credit to black music that he culturally appropriated.

The amount of racial resentment you harbor is disturbing.

The amount of racial resentment you use to define yourself and to inform your every thought keeps you from recognizing your own biases.

Bigot.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: June 18, 2021, 07:09:36 PM »

Stop badgering Luee.  He's a solid dude - standing up for veterans.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 2927