Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750475 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20310 on: November 10, 2021, 03:26:45 PM »

LMAO

Josh you may be the least humorous guy in Elba which is why its so much fun to make fun of you.

I'm going to miss it.

Inflation #s are coming in on the high side and may dominate the political discourse and finger pointing for the immediate future. Its not good for Biden.

heh
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20311 on: November 10, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »

Shame what the asshole media did to this kid

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kyle-rittenhouse-trial-defense-gaige-grosskreutz-testimony

Did the media arm him, send him out into the streets, and then buy him a beer?

Uh ..nope!

The young man is responsible for the actions he took.

Indeed - he is

He could be dead instead.

Not if he had stayed his ass home or left his weapon home.

He went looking for trouble and he found it.

Kind of like George Zimmerman.

heh

The trial is going on

Get some facts

Yes - he could have stayed home.  Anyone can - any day. 

But further discussions here will pertain to the charges.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 03:35:52 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20312 on: November 10, 2021, 03:34:13 PM »

Marco Rubio is concerned about rising prices...

It is all about supply and demand. People who studied economics will understand. The answer is to make our immigrants legal, and that will balance things out, and it will lower prices as new immigrants produce more goods etc. The larger the supply of goods and the more readily available a product is then the lower the price.

As we make our immigrants legal then they can join labor unions, and they can call the police in the case of an emergency.

We need to make our immigrants legal, like Reagan did. And we need to write a new immigration law which makes it easier for our good neighbors to become citizens.

We can also invest in Mexican ports, and we can hire Mexican truck drivers.

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20313 on: November 10, 2021, 03:37:38 PM »

LMAO

Josh you may be the least humorous guy in Elba which is why its so much fun to make fun of you.

I'm going to miss it.

Inflation #s are coming in on the high side and may dominate the political discourse and finger pointing for the immediate future. Its not good for Biden.

heh

I'm not sure whats the funny part. Joe is going to catch a lot of shit on this, and as posted, its really not on him, but its on his watch.

Its a real political problem.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20314 on: November 10, 2021, 03:40:42 PM »

I lean left socially, but fiscally conservative. I believe in a strong military, but using it with extreme caution, I prefer diplomacy to military intervention. I think you have a right to abortion, and the death penalty should always be an option. I don't believe sexual predation is curable. I believe in funding education and health care by reducing military spending. If you're gay, trans, cis-gender, etc, I don't give a shit, nor do I need to know that you are. If you work, I respect you, if you just want other people to fund your lifestyle, I'm out. I prefer deeds to words...

Thoughtful post.   I appreciate anyone taking the time to spell it out on where they have nuances.

Left but fiscal conservative is becoming pretty common.   Possibly due to a general distrust of how fed gummint handles money.  A distrust I have.  And the idea,  which has some merit,  that good nurture social programs like early education, nutrition,  healthcare, etc all tend to be the ounce of prevention.  That is,  you really save a lot of fix up money if you prevent broken people, and thus can be fiscally conservative. 

Mental Beth is a hottie,  but hide the cutlery if you have her over.   Spoonable foods only.

Fiscally conservative tongue in cheek reminds me how the GOP spends years telling Americans government doe not work and then when they get in power they are determined to prove it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20315 on: November 10, 2021, 03:43:50 PM »

It seems I've hurt Josh's and his strawman's feelings.

LMAO

No Josh I'm hardly perfect.

But I feel perfectly entitled to ask how my debates with Larry are racist.

And when the only answer from Larry is "because" really doesn't satisfy the issue.

Further if my alleged "racist" manner was evident the overly engaged Elba Council of Woke would be all over it.

But not a peep.

Because the evidence was not there.

I don't deal with a lot of white guilt.

As I don't feel guilty, as I did not commit the crime charged.

But I sense you do feel guilt.

Perhaps you should deal with it.

Have a pleasant day.

I told you what I took as racist days ago but you will not acknowledge my perspective gained from years of lived experience.

Larry if you did I didn't see it. I've posted more than usual  post-ban, so I may have skipped over it in haste. So tell me what post, or what words you found racist. That seems a fair request. I know what s in my head and heart and most of my posts, and can tell you that any disagreements we've had from my perspective were content based.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20316 on: November 10, 2021, 03:47:23 PM »

LMAO

I'm going to miss it.

heh

I'm not sure whats the funny part. Joe is going to catch a lot of shit on this, and as posted, its really not on him, but its on his watch.

It depends on how long it lasts. Mobilizing the national guard to help clear the port backlog and get that corner of the supply chain back on track might be his smartest available move. Americans always love more boots on the ground.

Biden sends troops to invade woke LA. National Guard saves Black Friday.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20318 on: November 10, 2021, 03:52:43 PM »

LMAO

I'm going to miss it.

heh

It depends on how long it lasts. Mobilizing the national guard to help clear the port backlog and get that corner of the supply chain back on track might be his smartest available move. Americans always love more boots on the ground.

Biden sends troops to invade woke LA. National Guard saves Black Friday.

Fac IMO higher food prices going into Thanksgiving and the holiday season is grist for discontent and Biden bashing from families wondering why there is only one pie, and Fox doing Fox and portraying Joe as the Grinch.

Lets hope its short lived for all sorts of reasons. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20319 on: November 10, 2021, 03:55:15 PM »

Banks is trying to corner the market on irony by replicating Ham's old conspiracy theories, but instead of the Boston gang, he's invented the  Elba "woke" folk.

You think this to be an improper term?
Woke has become a meaningless term. In banks terms, woke just means "disagrees with me".

It's not meaningless at all.

You provided Ham's and Banks' definition of it.

It has real meaning elsewhere.

Woke, to me, means opinions not woke are greeted with pedantic lecturing by self-important nanny goats.
Right. People who disagree with you. Got it.

Speaking of  self-important nanny goats.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20320 on: November 10, 2021, 03:55:49 PM »

I think it would be better to use Mexicans, and people from the caravans coming down from Latin America, and to invest in Mexican ports, instead of using the National Guard.

We need to make our immigrants legal so that they can legally work in the USA, and we need to invest in Mexican ports, and make it legal for Mexicans to drive in the USA, etc.

The Haitians, The Mexicans, people from Latin America, they can all drive trucks and they can save the USA for the holidays.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20321 on: November 10, 2021, 03:57:28 PM »

"Critical race theory is NOT being taught in our schools!"

Is that so?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/critical-race-theory-americas-50-most-elite-private-k-12-schools

50 most elite private K-12 schools

So, those aren't "our schools", kid.

Those are "their schools".

You know, it's like abortion is a sin and Jesus Christ is the Son of God is taught in private schools, not "our schools". Public schools are "our schools".

Hope this helps.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20322 on: November 10, 2021, 03:59:41 PM »

Vice President Kamala Harris is in France, which is good, we need to have strong ties with France, and France can help with Afghanistan, etc. We also have the French Foreign Legion.

The French Foreign Legion would be perfect for some people from the caravans which are coming to the USA from Latin America, it would be a good idea to put a recruiting office for the French Foreign Legion on our Southern Border.

And we need to send union representatives to our Southern Border. Some of the people from the caravan can join the French Foreign Legion, some people can pick strawberries in Merced, California, and some people can drive trucks, etc.

We are also going to be building high speed trains, and new bridges, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Maybe was should import hot French wives. Whaddaya think, Tony?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20323 on: November 10, 2021, 04:06:59 PM »

Is that so?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/critical-race-theory-americas-50-most-elite-private-k-12-schools

50 most elite private K-12 schools

So, those aren't "our schools", kid.

Those are "their schools".

You know, it's like abortion is a sin and Jesus Christ is the Son of God is taught in private schools, not "our schools". Public schools are "our schools".

Hope this helps.

Kid

I skimmed that article and it seems that CRT was not being taught, but rather many of the private schools had anti-racism courses incorporated into their curriculum. 

Why is teaching kids about racism and it impact bad? And I am differentiating that from CRT as understand it.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20324 on: November 10, 2021, 04:08:31 PM »

Is that so?

Are elite private schools OUR schools?

heh

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 ... 2924