Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 2786

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 653108 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21705 on: December 02, 2021, 10:04:13 PM »

Should I now post the story of the cop who shot the old dude in the scooter/wheelchair nine times in the back because he had a knife.

You guys do not get it. You rage about horrible things done by individuals while Pooh-poohing agents of the State murdering the citizens they are sworn to serve and protect.

By the way... Durst.

Rich, white murderer.

Where is your outrage over that bastard?

Bad due. Helped by his girlfriend.

Still...

He was no John Allen Muhammed, though, was he?

RIP Charles Moose
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21706 on: December 02, 2021, 10:11:01 PM »

Donald Trump put out a hit on Ruby Freeman and her daughter

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1466519622652514320.html

Trump should spend the rest of his days hand digging graves for some of his many many victims still in morgue trucks.

We can make it reality TV on PBS. Call it American Infamy - trump meets work.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #21707 on: December 03, 2021, 10:48:19 AM »

What do yall think of DeSantis wanting to create his own military force?  The press release seems to follow closely after the Biden admin exerted some pressure on national guard to vaccinate.   Probably just a coincidence...

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: December 03, 2021, 10:56:19 AM »

Seems like posturing for the base, in a very Trumpian mode. 

However,  if Florida were to secede, it would raise the average American IQ a couple points. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21709 on: December 03, 2021, 11:15:08 AM »

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/us-job-growth-misses-expectations-november-unemployment-rate-dives-42-2021-12-03/

U.S. employment growth slowed considerably in November amid job losses at retailers and in local government education, but the unemployment rate plunged to a 21-month low of 4.2%, suggesting the labor market was rapidly tightening.

Happy holidays!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21710 on: December 03, 2021, 11:15:33 AM »

What do yall think of DeSantis wanting to create his own military force?  The press release seems to follow closely after the Biden admin exerted some pressure on national guard to vaccinate.   Probably just a coincidence...

Andrew Jackson Syndrome.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: December 03, 2021, 11:36:56 AM »

Civilian military forces already exist in 22 states, including California, Texas, and New York.
The states are empowered by the US Constitution with the primary responsibility of protecting its citizens.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21712 on: December 03, 2021, 11:56:29 AM »

It is so sad that Beverly Hills has gone downhill and now has high crime, and it is so bad that someone killed a little old lady who spent her time doing charity work. Horrible.

When I was young Beverly Hills used to be nice. When I was a kid my Grandmother used to drive me to Beverly Hills and she used to show me the houses where the movie stars lived, and she told me that if I worked hard that maybe some day I could live in a house like the ones that she showed me.

At the time when I was in acting school, the top television show was "Beverly Hills 90210" and I was able to hang out with them on the day of my audition to get into the school. People loved Beverly Hills back then.

Then, I joined Take One Studios in Beverly Hills, and I was able to meet the top casting directors, etc, I met Julie Hutchinson there, and other great people. Beverly Hills was the place to be for the entertainment industry back then.

Beverly Hills used to be great, it is sad what it has turned into.

But, it is a great time for professional body guards, they are making six figure salaries to protect the stars. It is easy money.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21715 on: December 03, 2021, 12:49:43 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21716 on: December 03, 2021, 12:51:11 PM »

Allegedly, this is a "progressive town" in NJ: https://www.montclairlocal.news/2021/12/01/montclair-township-attorney-resigns-apologizes-for-calling-black-official-three-fifths-of-a-human/

Well, he did not call him a chimp, so there is that.

You earned that. He maybe earned worse than the got, too, but you'd have to ask someone from the town.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21717 on: December 03, 2021, 01:24:19 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-massie-norman-mask-rule-lawsuit/

They are trying to claim their fines are unconstitutional and that their refusal to wear masks was not disruptive to the operations of the House.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #21718 on: December 03, 2021, 01:25:21 PM »

Civilian military forces already exist in 22 states, including California, Texas, and New York.
The states are empowered by the US Constitution with the primary responsibility of protecting its citizens.

Know all that.  State militias are permitted by the Compact Clause.

Do you believe that is really why DeSantis (who so conspicuously declined to protect his states citizens from a pandemic virus) wants to do this? 
Or could it be because the feds just announced they are going to sanction National Guard members who refuse to vaccinate?  IOW, could this be a political stunt to poke a finger in Biden's eye and rally his base? 

Holly Martins

« Reply #21719 on: December 03, 2021, 01:26:31 PM »

Andrew Jackson Syndrome.

You sent me to a history webpage, but meantime I will issue a preliminary "heh!" 
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 2786