Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749724 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21795 on: December 05, 2021, 12:53:20 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21796 on: December 05, 2021, 01:16:03 PM »

Quote from physician in article

Florida only reports those positive cases among people who are full-time residents of Florida. So, if your full-time residence is in Ohio, and you have a condo in Miami Beach and you go down there and you get COVID, youre not a case in Florida.

Thanks for the chat.
I just posted facts from The NY Times.
Your attempts at spin are predictable.
But spin does not change the facts.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21797 on: December 05, 2021, 01:39:58 PM »

The fact is nobody knows the Covid numbers in Florida while all official actions relating to the numbers follow the clear intent to keep reporting artificially low, probably by several orders of magnitude. Good thing it is warm down there.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21798 on: December 05, 2021, 02:00:24 PM »

We need to support rich people who help the homeless, and who do good things for our communities.

My favorite rich person was my friend Lisa from the Philippines, she was born wealthy from the Banana Industry, and her first business when she came to America was a night club in Los Angeles named Manila Gardens, and she owned many other businesses, and she succeeded at everything she did. She bought expensive houses and she put the homeless people in her houses, and she cooked for the homeless people, and she helped the homeless people. She is gone now, she died last year, the world was a better place when she was alive.

Guys like Jeff Bezos need to be like my friend Lisa was, and they need to help the homeless people, and they need to help the needy. They need to be good Americans who help other Americans. Life is about more than just making money, and once you have money then you can do great things to help the poor people.

Helping people is great publicity for business people, and the rich people need to do more to help the homeless, and to help the people in America.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21799 on: December 05, 2021, 02:41:36 PM »

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-florida-now-has-the-lowest-covid-19-case-rate

Looks like Bart did.

Will reply to comments with supporting facts.   

But maybe best to let health professionals have the last word.

But experts say.......

I think they mean Democrats.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21800 on: December 05, 2021, 02:44:59 PM »

What does that really mean when they say that Florida has the lowest rate in the country?

It means that at this time their rate is lowest in the country

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21801 on: December 05, 2021, 02:46:05 PM »

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-florida-now-has-the-lowest-covid-19-case-rate

Looks like Bart did.

Will reply to comments with supporting facts.   

But maybe best to let health professionals have the last word.

But experts say.......

I think they mean Democrats.

Earth 2
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21802 on: December 05, 2021, 03:03:20 PM »

Savage Police Chief Rodney Seurer has described the video as a horrific, hateful and racist, saying such behavior won't be tolerated in the city.

Bull shit.  It is being tolerated.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/us/racist-bullying-school-incidents/index.html

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21803 on: December 05, 2021, 03:06:54 PM »

You cannot help the homeless people when you are poor and homeless just like they are. It is up to the rich people to help the poor people.

When I was homeless I saw beautiful young women out there homeless and scared on the streets, but at that time there was nothing that I could do to help them. I was out there homeless just like they were, there was nothing that I could do to help them. Now, I at least could help them by telling them where to go for help, I know where homeless women can go to get help, and homeless men too.

And I saved people and stuff when I was homeless, one time a white guy was going to stab a black guy, the voices in his head were telling him to stab the black guy, I told the white guy that the only voice that mattered was mine, and I told him to put down the knife. The white guy listened to me, and he put down the knife, and I saved that black guy. I could help the homeless by helping to keep the peace in the homeless shelters, etc.

But the main person who was helping the homeless was my friend Lisa, without her then there would not have been nice houses for the homeless, etc, and she cooked for the homeless. All that I could do was be grateful, and try to be a good person. It was my rich friend Lisa who was helping the homeless who made it all happen.

Guys like Jeff Bezos could help a lot of people.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: December 05, 2021, 03:28:38 PM »

Pretty good job done here

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

No domestic flying vax mandate
No national mask mandate
And we are good.

Holly Martins

« Reply #21805 on: December 05, 2021, 04:27:16 PM »

What does that really mean when they say that Florida has the lowest rate in the country?

It helps to read the facts produced for you.  And that goes for Red as well.  If you have evidence that the differential reporting for partial year residents is not as stated in the healthline article, then you need to post it.  To not argue on the facts, and to ignore them with meaningless political gibes, is to acknowledge you have lost the debate.   

You cannot always be right, and we all know it is even less likely we are right when we deal with topics on which we are poorly informed and have avoided experts attempts to clarify. 

Both Hawaii and Florida have low infection rates, which relates to the well documented effect of warm climate and outdoor socializing.  Florida is also low, due to the other two factors, which are the high previous infection rate reducing uninfected population left over, and the noncounting of PY residents.  Science works from real-world measurements and not from partisan political notions.  Can you get that through your thick head?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: December 05, 2021, 04:48:44 PM »

It helps to read the facts produced for you.  And that goes for Red as well.  If you have evidence that the differential reporting for partial year residents is not as stated in the healthline article, then you need to post it.  To not argue on the facts, and to ignore them with meaningless political gibes, is to acknowledge you have lost the debate.   

You cannot always be right, and we all know it is even less likely we are right when we deal with topics on which we are poorly informed and have avoided experts attempts to clarify. 

Both Hawaii and Florida have low infection rates, which relates to the well documented effect of warm climate and outdoor socializing.  Florida is also low, due to the other two factors, which are the high previous infection rate reducing uninfected population left over, and the noncounting of PY residents.  Science works from real-world measurements and not from partisan political notions.  Can you get that through your thick head?
In other words, The New York Times report was correct.

Holly Martins

« Reply #21807 on: December 05, 2021, 06:14:48 PM »

Yes I would imagine it was, if it made all those statistical analyses clear.  (the Healthline article had no paywall)

The problem was with posting it with the implication that the causes of low infection rates were not what that analysis revealed but rather as some amazing RW policy triumph. 

And THAT was the false spin that I and others here were poking holes in. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #21808 on: December 05, 2021, 06:15:22 PM »

See yall later.  Over to you, Josh.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21809 on: December 05, 2021, 06:58:03 PM »

Yes I would imagine it was, if it made all those statistical analyses clear.  (the Healthline article had no paywall)

The problem was with posting it with the implication that the causes of low infection rates were not what that analysis revealed but rather as some amazing RW policy triumph. 

And THAT was the false spin that I and others here were poking holes in.
The New York Times was spinning?
LOL!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 07:01:17 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 2924