Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1582 1583 [1584] 1585 1586 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745144 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23745 on: February 02, 2022, 08:03:24 PM »

So Zucker bolts CNN claiming a guilty conscience over a covered up love affair with a co-worker.
Someone else can figure out how to deal with thevmess of the Cable  News Channel  he ruined.
In reality Zucker is probably better off.

CUOMO ratted him out.  Funny as all hell.  Shows the character of CC, just when you thought he could not go lower.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #23746 on: February 02, 2022, 08:08:38 PM »

Economists are social scientists who study effects of policies, medical, political, etc. on society.
The authors used thousands of studies to gauge the effectiveness of lockdowns in curtailing deaths from the virus. That is a skill set a biologist or an epidemiologist is not trained in. Instead they are experts in medical solutions.

They are not.  And their skill set, as economists, in no way includes gauging the value of lockdowns from an epidemiologic POV.  Or in medical solutions. Pretty much your whole post is lies.  Unfortunately, I used to work in a health field and can recognize them.  Oops.

And, per the DM report you first shared, they only used a tiny cherrypicked fraction of the thousands of studies.  24, in fact.  Any scientist will tell you what shitty sampling that is.  And they had already been known for throwing partisan rhetoric on RW social  media BEFORE their analysis.  Oops.  So much for objectivity! There's a reason the paper hasn't passed  peer review.  Which is essential in actual medical science and other fields.

You can keep lying or regurgitating RW lies.  And others here will keep pointing them out.  Like me, they seem to have stamina!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23747 on: February 02, 2022, 09:10:29 PM »

Economists are social scientists who study effects of policies, medical, political, etc. on society.
The authors used thousands of studies to gauge the effectiveness of lockdowns in curtailing deaths from the virus. That is a skill set a biologist or an epidemiologist is not trained in. Instead they are experts in medical solutions.

They are not. 
They are not what?
You did not even bother to read their report.
Let us know when you have.
I doubt you ever will.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:12:43 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23748 on: February 02, 2022, 09:10:58 PM »

Biden looks stupid for guaranteeing a black woman SCOTUS. Good pols never put their own balls in a vise.
Nonsense, Forrest. Plenty of highly qualified African American candidates. The Repos criticizing him on this issue would find something wrong with any process he used. No reason for him to pay attention to any of that criticism.
Easier to ignore it.
Truth is Biden never considered anyone except black women, in his campaign promises and his presidency.
And?

And, by saying you exclude others who are not female and black, you practice bigotry, at the very least.

But that wasn't my criticism, nor am I here to defend what the Grand Old Prevaricators might do.

From the standpoint of the average American, saying you only will look at one group of folks for a position is seen as unfair. That's why it is dumb politics, especially when you represent a party who says that is about inclusion, not exclusion.

Everyone wants to be able to have equal opportunity for any job in this country, but Joe B is essentially saying that some are more equal than others at  this time, and that concept doesn't fly for most Americans.

Oh, BULLSHIT,

Do now you oppose equal opportunity.

Good to know.

And not surprising.

Bullshit piled higher and deeper.

I bet you think you've made an argument.

If we were 12, maybe.

But, no, you haven't. Explain why it's good politics for President Biden to act, well, like a Republican would act---trying to appease a narrow group of his supporters, instead of considering what is best for the entire country.

If you do not know now you will never get it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23749 on: February 02, 2022, 09:11:46 PM »

Biden looks stupid for guaranteeing a black woman SCOTUS. Good pols never put their own balls in a vise.
Nonsense, Forrest. Plenty of highly qualified African American candidates. The Repos criticizing him on this issue would find something wrong with any process he used. No reason for him to pay attention to any of that criticism.
Easier to ignore it.
Truth is Biden never considered anyone except black women, in his campaign promises and his presidency.
And?

And, by saying you exclude others who are not female and black, you practice bigotry, at the very least.
No, not bigotry, because the choice to diversify the Court by adding an African American is not based on some idea of inherent superiority, but rather the opposite.

But that wasn't my criticism, nor am I here to defend what the Grand Old Prevaricators might do.

From the standpoint of the average American, saying you only will look at one group of folks for a position is seen as unfair. That's why it is dumb politics, especially when you represent a party who says that is about inclusion, not exclusion.
Well, that happens all the time for the SCOTUS. For instance, presidents limit their selections to lawyers. And to people who agree with their politic philosophy. At least two Republican presidents have, for political reasons, publicly stated they were selecting a woman for the Court. Drumpf limited his choices on all three occasions to people vetted by the Federalist Society.

And Bidens commitment to select an African American female was made back before the SoCar primary, and in context was not dumb politics, but very smart because it got him the primary, the nomination and the election. Not honoring that commitment to a key constituency would have been dumb.
Everyone wants to be able to have equal opportunity for any job in this country, but Joe B is essentially saying that some are more equal than others at  this time, and that concept doesn't fly for most Americans.
We do not have equal opportunity for jobs. Never have. Race, gender and class have always mattered. So have connections and family. It may be unspoken, but it is there and those always favor one group of.people. it.always amused me that people would question, as an example, Obama getting into Harvard law but not George Bush getting into Yale. Some advantages are normalized in the way we view them.

The choice of SCOTUS justice is always limited by ideology and demographics. If your complaint is Biden said the quiet part out loud, fine. But I think that the selection of a well qualified justice will wash away any objections in the end, outside of the right wing rage machine.

Optics count. That's the way of the world.

My complaint is Biden's politics needed fine tuning on this one.

His problem to deal with, but an unnecessary one.

Let's hope he doesn't nominate Whoopi Goldberg.
Again, the optics got him the presidency.

He made a promise to his voting base and that pisses of Hammy because the base of the Democratic Party is the most educated demographic in the nation... Black women, and he thinks that is unfair.

Now, you've just dummied down to an even lower level of stupidity.

Fap fap fap fap
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23750 on: February 02, 2022, 09:12:49 PM »

Easier to ignore it.
And?

No, not bigotry, because the choice to diversify the Court by adding an African American is not based on some idea of inherent superiority, but rather the opposite.

Well, that happens all the time for the SCOTUS. For instance, presidents limit their selections to lawyers. And to people who agree with their politic philosophy. At least two Republican presidents have, for political reasons, publicly stated they were selecting a woman for the Court. Drumpf limited his choices on all three occasions to people vetted by the Federalist Society.

And Bidens commitment to select an African American female was made back before the SoCar primary, and in context was not dumb politics, but very smart because it got him the primary, the nomination and the election. Not honoring that commitment to a key constituency would have been dumb.
We do not have equal opportunity for jobs. Never have. Race, gender and class have always mattered. So have connections and family. It may be unspoken, but it is there and those always favor one group of.people. it.always amused me that people would question, as an example, Obama getting into Harvard law but not George Bush getting into Yale. Some advantages are normalized in the way we view them.

The choice of SCOTUS justice is always limited by ideology and demographics. If your complaint is Biden said the quiet part out loud, fine. But I think that the selection of a well qualified justice will wash away any objections in the end, outside of the right wing rage machine.

Optics count. That's the way of the world.

My complaint is Biden's politics needed fine tuning on this one.

His problem to deal with, but an unnecessary one.

Let's hope he doesn't nominate Whoopi Goldberg.
Again, the optics got him the presidency.

He made a promise to his voting base and that pisses of Hammy because the base of the Democratic Party is the most educated demographic in the nation... Black women, and he thinks that is unfair.

Now, you've just dummied down to an even lower level of stupidity.
Fear not. He will get to your level eventually.

Damn, yo!

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #23751 on: February 02, 2022, 10:38:15 PM »

They are not. 
They are not what?

Read the rest of my post, you pustulating crackwhore cunt.  I read the abstract, which is how I was able to make my other comments you deleted, and explain why it didn't pass peer review.  Now go fuck yourself. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23752 on: February 03, 2022, 12:34:07 AM »

They are not. 
They are not what?

Read the rest of my post, you pustulating crackwhore cunt.  I read the abstract, which is how I was able to make my other comments you deleted, and explain why it didn't pass peer review.  Now go fuck yourself.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23753 on: February 03, 2022, 12:37:25 AM »

It appears Barton has exceeded rational thought.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23754 on: February 03, 2022, 01:14:22 AM »

Red gets wrong footed when addressed in the only manner he deserves.

Self deport yet, Red? It is not quite too late to escape with your head.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #23756 on: February 03, 2022, 05:41:28 AM »

Joe is inconsistant, pulling out against the Talliban but taking a strong stance for the Ukraine.Much more of a chance of a terrorist from Afghan than a Russian. Russia is not communist, the cold war is over.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23757 on: February 03, 2022, 08:04:02 AM »

Joe is inconsistant, pulling out against the Talliban but taking a strong stance for the Ukraine.Much more of a chance of a terrorist from Afghan than a Russian. Russia is not communist, the cold war is over.

Go back to sleep, Rip Van Luee

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/03/us/politics/us-raid-syria.html

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23758 on: February 03, 2022, 08:09:48 AM »

Sleepy Joe?

This a big fucking deal

Last night at my direction, U.S. military forces in northwest Syria successfully undertook a counterterrorism operation to protect the American people and our Allies, and make the world a safer place. Thanks to the skill and bravery of our Armed Forces, we have taken off the battlefield Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi, the leader of ISIS.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/03/us/politics/us-raid-syria.html
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:12:11 AM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #23759 on: February 03, 2022, 09:38:50 AM »

Six children killed so we could play whack a mole.  Yay.
Pages: 1 ... 1582 1583 [1584] 1585 1586 ... 2921