Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1583 1584 [1585] 1586 1587 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745119 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23760 on: February 03, 2022, 10:05:41 AM »

Nice mission.

Biden to speak soon, will not take questions.

Or he may say "I have been told to call on...".  Probably best.

Story up til now is that the ISIS guy killed the innocents. That's sad.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23761 on: February 03, 2022, 10:26:04 AM »

Six children killed so we could play whack a mole.  Yay.

Tragic but an oversimplification
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23762 on: February 03, 2022, 11:06:05 AM »

Biden looks stupid for guaranteeing a black woman SCOTUS. Good pols never put their own balls in a vise.
Nonsense, Forrest. Plenty of highly qualified African American candidates. The Repos criticizing him on this issue would find something wrong with any process he used. No reason for him to pay attention to any of that criticism.
Easier to ignore it.
Truth is Biden never considered anyone except black women, in his campaign promises and his presidency.
And?

And, by saying you exclude others who are not female and black, you practice bigotry, at the very least.
No, not bigotry, because the choice to diversify the Court by adding an African American is not based on some idea of inherent superiority, but rather the opposite.

But that wasn't my criticism, nor am I here to defend what the Grand Old Prevaricators might do.

From the standpoint of the average American, saying you only will look at one group of folks for a position is seen as unfair. That's why it is dumb politics, especially when you represent a party who says that is about inclusion, not exclusion.
Well, that happens all the time for the SCOTUS. For instance, presidents limit their selections to lawyers. And to people who agree with their politic philosophy. At least two Republican presidents have, for political reasons, publicly stated they were selecting a woman for the Court. Drumpf limited his choices on all three occasions to people vetted by the Federalist Society.

And Bidens commitment to select an African American female was made back before the SoCar primary, and in context was not dumb politics, but very smart because it got him the primary, the nomination and the election. Not honoring that commitment to a key constituency would have been dumb.
Everyone wants to be able to have equal opportunity for any job in this country, but Joe B is essentially saying that some are more equal than others at  this time, and that concept doesn't fly for most Americans.
We do not have equal opportunity for jobs. Never have. Race, gender and class have always mattered. So have connections and family. It may be unspoken, but it is there and those always favor one group of.people. it.always amused me that people would question, as an example, Obama getting into Harvard law but not George Bush getting into Yale. Some advantages are normalized in the way we view them.

The choice of SCOTUS justice is always limited by ideology and demographics. If your complaint is Biden said the quiet part out loud, fine. But I think that the selection of a well qualified justice will wash away any objections in the end, outside of the right wing rage machine.

Optics count. That's the way of the world.

My complaint is Biden's politics needed fine tuning on this one.

His problem to deal with, but an unnecessary one.

Let's hope he doesn't nominate Whoopi Goldberg.
Again, the optics got him the presidency.

He made a promise to his voting base and that pisses of Hammy because the base of the Democratic Party is the most educated demographic in the nation... Black women, and he thinks that is unfair.

Now, you've just dummied down to an even lower level of stupidity.
Fear not. He will get to your level eventually.

That's funny coming from a supercilious twit such as yourself.

Maybe you should let your bruh defend himself intellectually, instead of feeling the need to step in and shore up his defenses.

Unlike you, I believe he can actually answer the questions directed at him, or offer a valid argument, instead of chanting "bullshit!" every time he disagrees with someone else's opinion. Maybe he won't do so honestly, as has been demonstrated in the past, but he CAN answer them without your, uh, "help".

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23763 on: February 03, 2022, 11:08:28 AM »

Biden looks stupid for guaranteeing a black woman SCOTUS. Good pols never put their own balls in a vise.
Nonsense, Forrest. Plenty of highly qualified African American candidates. The Repos criticizing him on this issue would find something wrong with any process he used. No reason for him to pay attention to any of that criticism.
Easier to ignore it.
Truth is Biden never considered anyone except black women, in his campaign promises and his presidency.
And?

And, by saying you exclude others who are not female and black, you practice bigotry, at the very least.

But that wasn't my criticism, nor am I here to defend what the Grand Old Prevaricators might do.

From the standpoint of the average American, saying you only will look at one group of folks for a position is seen as unfair. That's why it is dumb politics, especially when you represent a party who says that is about inclusion, not exclusion.

Everyone wants to be able to have equal opportunity for any job in this country, but Joe B is essentially saying that some are more equal than others at  this time, and that concept doesn't fly for most Americans.

Oh, BULLSHIT,

Do now you oppose equal opportunity.

Good to know.

And not surprising.

Bullshit piled higher and deeper.

I bet you think you've made an argument.

If we were 12, maybe.

But, no, you haven't. Explain why it's good politics for President Biden to act, well, like a Republican would act---trying to appease a narrow group of his supporters, instead of considering what is best for the entire country.

If you do not know now you will never get it.

That's still not an argument. Make a case, if you have one, instead of speaking in the language the Beltway crowd. Why was Biden's statement a positive one politically for ALL Americans?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23764 on: February 03, 2022, 11:09:48 AM »

Sleepy Joe?

This a big fucking deal

Last night at my direction, U.S. military forces in northwest Syria successfully undertook a counterterrorism operation to protect the American people and our Allies, and make the world a safer place. Thanks to the skill and bravery of our Armed Forces, we have taken off the battlefield Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi, the leader of ISIS.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/03/us/politics/us-raid-syria.html

Abu-hoo...sniff. Fuck those sand fleas.

Good job, Joe.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23765 on: February 03, 2022, 11:10:50 AM »

Children who will grow up to kill you and yours, idiot.

This ain't a game to them, so I don't know why you think it should be for us.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23766 on: February 03, 2022, 11:12:03 AM »

Nice mission.

Biden to speak soon, will not take questions.

Or he may say "I have been told to call on...".  Probably best.

Story up til now is that the ISIS guy killed the innocents. That's sad.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-special-forces-raid-syrian-site-in-search-of-terrorist-leader-11643869402?mod=hp_lead_pos1&mod=hp_lead_pos1

Correct. This is what cowards do. See MOVE headquarters, or Waco. The same idiocy gets played out.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23767 on: February 03, 2022, 11:27:51 AM »

Easier to ignore it.
And?

Oh, BULLSHIT,

Good to know.

And not surprising.

If we were 12, maybe.

But, no, you haven't. Explain why it's good politics for President Biden to act, well, like a Republican would act---trying to appease a narrow group of his supporters, instead of considering what is best for the entire country.

That's still not an argument. Make a case, if you have one, instead of speaking in the language the Beltway crowd. Why was Biden's statement a positive one politically for ALL Americans?

Fuck off.

You do not deserve the energy.

Like I told my kids, just because you hear an ass braying in the field you are under no obligation to bray back.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23768 on: February 03, 2022, 11:34:55 AM »

Easier to ignore it.
And?

Oh, BULLSHIT,

Good to know.

And not surprising.

If we were 12, maybe.

Fuck off.

You do not deserve the energy.

Like I told my kids, just because you hear an ass braying in the field you are under no obligation to bray back.

Don't drag your kids into it, like Abu, Larry, you're blowing up on your own.

You still HAVE no argument.

Just admit it.

Or are you too much like RED?

Same animal with different stripes?

Let's pause now and wait for your apologizers and ardent defenders to ride to your rescue, as once again you're shown to be the featherweight whom you really are.

Heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23769 on: February 03, 2022, 12:29:27 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/28/us/texas-school-books-race-gender-investigation/index.html

I missed this from October, but it strikes me as relevant given the DeSantis and Goldberg comments of late, plus the TN school board on Maus.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #23770 on: February 03, 2022, 12:41:04 PM »

Guess I don't pass judgment on who children might be when they grow up, until they do so.  I stand by the whack a mole description.  This guy is gone, another will replace him, his predecessor will be honored as a martyr, recruitments will be boosted.  The real way to fix terrorist organizations is to give the young people they recruit better options in their lives.  But that involves the hard and painstaking work of social/economic development. 

Thanks for warning me about ISIS plans for South Dakota and Nebraska.  I'll alert my kids immediately. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #23771 on: February 03, 2022, 12:43:14 PM »

https://imightbewrong.substack.com/p/joel-coens-the-tragedy-of-macbeth?fbclid=IwAR0OXPYvKTrzMstXZYNPUeBytFTwOdNjsRLOpVnOtSV4jr0Gx5FhjjJf5_8

Funny enough that I posted it here, as well as movies, so that someone might actually read it.  Sorry for the offtopic. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23772 on: February 03, 2022, 01:09:35 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #23773 on: February 03, 2022, 01:42:34 PM »

Guess I don't pass judgment on who children might be when they grow up, until they do so.  I stand by the whack a mole description.  This guy is gone, another will replace him, his predecessor will be honored as a martyr, recruitments will be boosted.  The real way to fix terrorist organizations is to give the young people they recruit better options in their lives.  But that involves the hard and painstaking work of social/economic development. 

Thanks for warning me about ISIS plans for South Dakota and Nebraska.  I'll alert my kids immediately.

Your mistake.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23774 on: February 03, 2022, 01:43:56 PM »

Maybe you should send a strongly worded letter of outrage to Bashar al Assad.
Pages: 1 ... 1583 1584 [1585] 1586 1587 ... 2921