Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743023 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24945 on: March 09, 2022, 01:04:07 PM »

Ms Giuffre, 38, has said she had sex with Prince Andrew when she was 17

A minor under US law but over the age of consent under British law.

Nothing about being 'forcibly raped'.
In Britain and Australia the cops would be saying "Nothing to see here, consenting persons [over 16] in private".

Perfect example of why it's absolutely imperative before stepping off one's country's shores to study thoroughly the laws of foreign lands.

Prince Andrew doesn't have enough money to pay the settlement, so the family is lending him the money.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 01:15:36 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24947 on: March 09, 2022, 01:23:39 PM »

Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) crews work quickly to repair potholes following winter storms and spring rain

I got to Georgia..."Atlanta potholes are out of control".

"south of the mason dixon line"

Baton Rouge. Atlanta. Florida.

You thought it was factual?

That's why I advised you to stop believing what you read on the internet.

They're all below the Mason-Dixon line, as are Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina etc.
S Carolina's roads are pothole central, apparently. Didn't have much luck there.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24948 on: March 09, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »

Roads tend to degrade steadily under any conservative government. It is a well known fact.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24949 on: March 09, 2022, 01:57:07 PM »

Bambu, Florida is beautiful, and the women are great in Florida.

I lived in Cape Canaveral for one year as a teen, it was great. We lived in the Wind Jammer condominiums right on the beach.

I went back to Florida as an adult and I tried to move to Florida, but I could not get a job and I ended up homeless. It is hard to get a job in Florida, people go to Florida from all over the world and jobs are hard to get.

But, California is nice too, though jobs are hard to get in California too.

And I could teach you Shakespeare, Bambu, the secret to Shakespeare is to have a bunch of dictionaries and you need to look up all of the words that you do not understand. Shakespeare takes patience, and you need to study and learn all of the new words.

Here is a video of me doing Prologue from Henry V by Shakespeare...

https://youtu.be/x3ZMT-G_WHE

As a Producer right now I would produce King Lear by Shakespeare, with Robert De Niro.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24950 on: March 09, 2022, 02:28:44 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/03/09/for-the-integrity-of-the-court-why-clarence-thomas-wife-is-a-major-problem-for-the/

The NYer had a recent issue where they made the same point about Ginni Thomas's activism.  It would be a sign of a healthy judiciary if the Supremes could censure one of their own, but I don't see that happening.  Given that Thomas's failure to recuse has reached the level of violating US Code, it's time for Congress to act.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24951 on: March 09, 2022, 02:49:31 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/03/09/bill-barrs-pride-gets-in-the-way-top-lackey-just-blew-up-his-own-redemption-tour/

The author's perspective must be taken into consideration, given that he is writing from the future.

"...which Bush did on Christmas Eve 1999, eerily foreshadowing what was to come 30 years later."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24952 on: March 09, 2022, 04:44:41 PM »

Bambu, Florida is beautiful, and the women are great in Florida.

I lived in Cape Canaveral for one year as a teen, it was great. We lived in the Wind Jammer condominiums right on the beach.

I went back to Florida as an adult and I tried to move to Florida, but I could not get a job and I ended up homeless. It is hard to get a job in Florida, people go to Florida from all over the world and jobs are hard to get.

But, California is nice too, though jobs are hard to get in California too.

And I could teach you Shakespeare, Bambu, the secret to Shakespeare is to have a bunch of dictionaries and you need to look up all of the words that you do not understand. Shakespeare takes patience, and you need to study and learn all of the new words.

Here is a video of me doing Prologue from Henry V by Shakespeare...

https://youtu.be/x3ZMT-G_WHE

As a Producer right now I would produce King Lear by Shakespeare, with Robert De Niro.

Salute,

Tony V.

Shakespeare drove me crazy.
I usually recovered by the end of each school day, but needed a good rest when I got home. :)
Shakespeare was all "double Dutch" to me.

from;

"Troilus and Cressida"

To answer for his love, tell him from me
I'll hide my silver beard in a golden beaver,
And in my vantbrace put this wither'd brawn;
And, meeting him, will tell him that my lady
Was fairer than his grandam, and as chaste
As may be in the world: his youth in flood,
I'll pawn this truth with my three drops of blood.

Wazzat?
That is the type of weird nonsense I spent my teen schooldays being tormented by, instead of learning something useful like how automobiles work, how to cook, how lawnmowers work, how to paint a house.

It was the education system's fault that I put hot water in my car's radiator to warm the engine up...and had to explain to the auto club roadside assist guy what I had done.
Basic maths and english grammar/spelling were the only useful things I took away from 7 years in primary school and 6 years in high school.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:52:32 PM by bambu. »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24953 on: March 09, 2022, 05:46:14 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/03/09/for-the-integrity-of-the-court-why-clarence-thomas-wife-is-a-major-problem-for-the/

The NYer had a recent issue where they made the same point about Ginni Thomas's activism.  It would be a sign of a healthy judiciary if the Supremes could censure one of their own, but I don't see that happening.  Given that Thomas's failure to recuse has reached the level of violating US Code, it's time for Congress to act.
You only say that because Thomas is black.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24954 on: March 09, 2022, 05:54:25 PM »

Nope.

He is Black and he is a dangerous asshole who is no friend of small d democracy.

Fuck that guy.

Thomas is an asshole who would be instrumental on the side of the fascists. He would also be surprised when right before they closed the last door on the last train they threw his black ass in with the rest of the undesirables.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #24955 on: March 09, 2022, 06:00:32 PM »

Trollin, trollin, trollin,
Though your finger's swollen,
Keep those doggies trollin...
Raw, snide!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24956 on: March 09, 2022, 06:22:21 PM »

Raw, snide!
I forgot.
Thomas is also a deplorable
Right?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24957 on: March 09, 2022, 07:50:24 PM »

Raw, snide!
I forgot.
Thomas is also a deplorable
Right?

You got that right. Deplorable and despicable.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24958 on: March 09, 2022, 08:35:28 PM »

Let us hope Biden can call upon his inner Reagan to lead the west once again to defeat godless aggression.
Reagan shamed the inhumane communist treatment of Poland and the USSR collapsed without a Nuke being launched in the Cold War.
Perhaps Biden can duplicate the effort in the name of Ukraine to decimate Putin and his vision for Russia in the same way.

Holly Martins

Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 2918