Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1735 1736 [1737] 1738 1739 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742956 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26040 on: April 19, 2022, 12:47:52 PM »

Not at all, you spoiled carton of wallaby dung. Immigration should follow a rigorous and orderly process. Within that order the goal should be welcoming and acclimating as many of the best and most needy as possible. It should not be shutting the gates or diverting people to some cannibal island as less developed nations try to do.

You may not know this Bambi, but we have a large truculent minority called conservatives who are now in the third generation of completely withdrawing themselves from education and are thus incapable of good decision making and also of performing productive work. 

We need good people to carry the enormous and burdensome weight of the conservative movement, people who are willing to cook conservatives food, chew conservatives food, and change conservatives diapers.

Trouble is...America is basically full.
There are millions of homeless and *starving* people *everywhere* in America.

WTF are you talking about?

"The report found that 580,466 people experienced homelessness in the United States on a single night in 2020, an increase of 12,751 people, or 2.2 percent, from 2019."

There are millions who are "food insecure" in the US, but that's not the same as starving. (It's terrible, but it is not from a shortage of food, either.)

And has been pointed out to you before, we have more empty places than we have homeless. Our cities are crowded, but there are places in each of them that could and should be rebuilt.

Oh... also, our homelessness rate is just over a third of Australia's:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homeless_population

And we are overall one of the more food secure countries in the world:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Food_Security_Index#Rank_December_2019

(Things are worse here than in 2019, but not substantially so. That doesn't mean it wouldn't feel substantial to a family at issue.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26041 on: April 19, 2022, 12:54:12 PM »

Yes we have a constitution and no the President cannot make you wear a mask or get a shot just because he wants to.

Judging from the sobs from the left on cable TV I can confidently conclude that the democrat party of my grandfather no longer exists.  Neither does the ACLU.
Judging from the rising voter registrations of the GOP, especially in battleground states( while democrats are declining) the mid term election is going to see a big change in Congress.

Your grandfather never belonged to the democrat party.
I dunno. I can see his grandfather as strong supporter of Senator Bilbo.

The Democratic party of my Grandfather actually does not exist anymore. Thank God. The Southern democrats are now Republicans. The Dems who fought voting rights are now Republicans fighting voting rights.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26042 on: April 19, 2022, 01:05:13 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/04/19/rick-scotts-loony-tunes-11-point-plan-classic-projection-and-a-roadmap-to-theocracy/

Yup.  I saw HD Parton's thing in Salon and she so nails it that Democrats need to stop playing defense and expose the rotting theocratic core of Scott's roadmap. 

On the starvation issue - food insecurity in America has a different meaning than it does in Africa.  I invite anyone to go to a foodbank in America (where I have regularly donated for years) and point out the starving people.  The mostly chubby folks lined up may be getting less than optimal nutrition, and that's a problem for their longterm health, but they are not starving.  Empty carb calories, sugary drinks, and food waste (40% by some estimates is thrown out) are our big food problems.  And rent insecurity - which leads to food insecurity.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26043 on: April 19, 2022, 01:09:01 PM »

The Democratic party of my Grandfather actually does not exist anymore. Thank God. The Southern democrats are now Republicans. The Dems who fought voting rights are now Republicans fighting voting rights.

Running for wikipedia....

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26044 on: April 19, 2022, 01:11:46 PM »

I carefully research everything I message. Congress was put in charge of immigration through the constitution. As Bambu has pointed out we have a major homeless problem. Real estate prices at the lower end have risen drastically over the Biden years. His radical leftist advisors have told him to bring in more undocumented  refugees, yeah that's the ticket sleepy Joe. Six years of senile old men. Shit, moron, idiot, duh!

If what you post is after "careful research," you need remedial research training.

"The Biden Years" are now 15 months old (as of tomorrow). The housing price climb is a direct response to COVID-19 for everything outside the cities and apartment prices dropped in the midst of the pandemic. They rose sharply in 2021.

There are still fewer houses on the market than there are buyers, but the apartment market tightness is easing, which will reduce the growth in prices.
https://www.apartmentlist.com/research/national-rent-data

Using Bambu's words as support for your position is unwise, for reasons pointed out to Bambu already.

And no, Luee, no matter how you try to spin your "my constitution" claim, it isn't what you said and it is no more in "my constitution" than any federal law is.

From Article 1, Section 8 of the U. S. Constitution:
Clause 4
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

That's all it says about immigration, aside from the restriction on the presidency and loss of citizenship.

Here's what Congress (dot) gov has to say about your interpretation:
Naturalization has been defined by the Supreme Court as "the act of adopting a foreigner, and clothing him with the privileges of a native citizen."1 In the Dred Scott case,2 the Court asserted that the power of Congress under this clause applies only to "persons born in a foreign country, under a foreign Government."3 These dicta are much too narrow to describe the power that Congress has actually exercised on the subject. The competence of Congress in this field merges, in fact, with its indefinite, inherent powers in the field of foreign relations. "As a government, the United States is invested with all the attributes of sovereignty. As it has the character of nationality it has the powers of nationality, especially those which concern its relations and intercourse with other countries."4

It is Article 1, Section 8, Clause 18 that gives Congress whatever power Congress has over immigration:
https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artI-S8-C18-4-2-1/ALDE_00001255/['immigration']

But even then, it is an implied power, not an explicit power, unlike many others:
"But while Congress's power over immigration is well established, defining its constitutional underpinnings is more difficult."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26045 on: April 19, 2022, 01:14:00 PM »

Josh!

The funny thing is that his ban expired and he did not need a new username.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26046 on: April 19, 2022, 01:14:19 PM »

Probably because they were hangry.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jerusalem-al-aqsa-mosque-clashes-1.6421104

Passover----we will have a holiday and lots of food!

Easter----we will have a holiday and lots of food!

Ramadan---we will have a holiday and starve ourselves!

Guess who riots?

Same old sand fleas looking to fuck up a peaceful day.

When I grew up on the South Shore sand fleas were tourists and day trippers.

In the military Arabs were known pejoratively as sand niggers.

If you are gonna use a racial epithet at least be on point.

Okay, Bama.

There you go again.

You wanted it on point, Bama. Always wanting to demo your special protected species status.

Have at it.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26047 on: April 19, 2022, 01:15:24 PM »

Hammy in here yapping about Palestinians and Negroes... can Banksie be far behind?

Larry is in here...well, you know why.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26048 on: April 19, 2022, 01:29:22 PM »

Well, I heard the Pete Steger song Listen Mr. Bilbo after I read Tolkien so it sorta stuck.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26049 on: April 19, 2022, 01:50:00 PM »

Not at all, you spoiled carton of wallaby dung. Immigration should follow a rigorous and orderly process. Within that order the goal should be welcoming and acclimating as many of the best and most needy as possible. It should not be shutting the gates or diverting people to some cannibal island as less developed nations try to do.

You may not know this Bambi, but we have a large truculent minority called conservatives who are now in the third generation of completely withdrawing themselves from education and are thus incapable of good decision making and also of performing productive work. 

We need good people to carry the enormous and burdensome weight of the conservative movement, people who are willing to cook conservatives food, chew conservatives food, and change conservatives diapers.

Trouble is...America is basically full.
There are millions of homeless and *starving* people *everywhere* in America.

WTF are you talking about?

"The report found that 580,466 people experienced homelessness in the United States on a single night in 2020, an increase of 12,751 people, or 2.2 percent, from 2019."

There are millions who are "food insecure" in the US, but that's not the same as starving. (It's terrible, but it is not from a shortage of food, either.)

And has been pointed out to you before, we have more empty places than we have homeless. Our cities are crowded, but there are places in each of them that could and should be rebuilt.

Oh... also, our homelessness rate is just over a third of Australia's:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homeless_population

And we are overall one of the more food secure countries in the world:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Food_Security_Index#Rank_December_2019

(Things are worse here than in 2019, but not substantially so. That doesn't mean it wouldn't feel substantial to a family at issue.)

I'm very pleased about that, and am happy to stand corrected.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26050 on: April 19, 2022, 02:21:28 PM »

I'm very pleased about that, and am happy to stand corrected.

Thank you.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26051 on: April 19, 2022, 02:40:24 PM »

Hammy in here yapping about Palestinians and Negroes... can Banksie be far behind?

Larry is in here...well, you know why.

He seems to be carrying on a conversation.

You are just fucking yourself. So why are you here?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #26052 on: April 19, 2022, 02:46:54 PM »

Well, I heard the Pete Steger song Listen Mr. Bilbo after I read Tolkien so it sorta stuck.

Great song, and the theme, sad to say, is timely as ever. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26053 on: April 19, 2022, 03:43:04 PM »

Homelessness is a world issue Bambu, we need for groups such as Kiwanis International to help everyone, everywhere, and we all need to have programs to help the poor and the needy. And the Bible instructs all Christians to help the poor and the needy.

Here is a link pertaining to homelessness in Australia...

https://homelessnessaustralia.org.au/

And I am sure that a lot of homeless and desperate Russians and Ukrainians are going to end up in Australia. Australia would be a good safe place for them, educate them and put them to work in your hospitals, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26054 on: April 19, 2022, 04:32:22 PM »

Yes we have a constitution and no the President cannot make you wear a mask or get a shot just because he wants to.

Judging from the sobs from the left on cable TV I can confidently conclude that the democrat party of my grandfather no longer exists.  Neither does the ACLU.
Judging from the rising voter registrations of the GOP, especially in battleground states( while democrats are declining) the mid term election is going to see a big change in Congress.

Your grandfather never belonged to the democrat party.

I was jeering his use of Democrat party as a pejorative...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1735 1736 [1737] 1738 1739 ... 2918