Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1826 1827 [1828] 1829 1830 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749044 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27405 on: May 26, 2022, 06:00:39 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27406 on: May 26, 2022, 06:30:40 PM »

As you talk about mental health screening as a way to prevent attacks, I would remind you of the story of Lisa Nowak.

I don't know that any agency of the government does more thorough screening of their candidates than NASA does. Nothing they saw would predict what she did in a fit of pique.

Was it a mass shooting? No. But it was and is emblematic of our inability to anticipate reactions to circumstances.

Good point.

Our best idea in my opinion is to improve security at schools, and at public places.

And if people are too greedy to spend the money to protect our children, then we need to use lawyers to force the schools to protect our children.

Bambu keeps talking about absolute security, but it remains a myth.
So now we learn the Uvalde shooter  walked in through an unlocked school door and there was no guard on duty.
No wonder Chuck Schumer canceled a Senate vote on gun restrictions.
What a sick hack he is.

Holly Martins

« Reply #27407 on: May 26, 2022, 06:43:09 PM »

Been pointed out here (by me, yesterday) that small towns tend to develop a haven mentality, and laxness takes over.

Again, rinse, lather, repeat: If they can't get their hands on assault weapons, they are less likely to follow through on plans of mass violence, whatever the entrance looks like.

There is not sufficient legislative courage in this country to restrict gun ownership, and the wait will likely be...generational.  But I'd love to wrong on that.

Meantime, fuck guns, and fuck all you gun huggers.  I hope they do get pried from your cold dead hands, then shoved as far up your cold dead asses as possible.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27408 on: May 26, 2022, 07:06:52 PM »

As you talk about mental health screening as a way to prevent attacks, I would remind you of the story of Lisa Nowak.

I don't know that any agency of the government does more thorough screening of their candidates than NASA does. Nothing they saw would predict what she did in a fit of pique.

Was it a mass shooting? No. But it was and is emblematic of our inability to anticipate reactions to circumstances.

Good point.

Our best idea in my opinion is to improve security at schools, and at public places.

And if people are too greedy to spend the money to protect our children, then we need to use lawyers to force the schools to protect our children.

So now we learn the Uvalde shooter  walked in through an unlocked school door and there was no guard on duty.
What a sick hack he is.

So, now we know what a sick prick you are, if we didn't already.

No news, really.

You might as well dance on their graves, Ward. We know any regrets you might express would be just crocodile tears.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27410 on: May 26, 2022, 07:19:29 PM »

Good point.

What a sick hack he is.

No news, really.

You might as well dance on their graves, Ward. We know any regrets you might express would be just crocodile tears.
It might behoove you to pay attention to the news.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27411 on: May 26, 2022, 07:21:31 PM »

The security guards need to all form unions so that they can get good pay and good benefits, and then if people want to hire security guards they can just hire them through the unions, easy and effective.

The cops in Los Angeles are living like kings because they have a strong union. The security guards need to form strong unions as well.

And yes, every night club, every grocery store, every school, etc, needs to have security in the future.

As a movie producer I have to hire security for the safety of my workers, it is in the producer's guide, and it needs to be the same for every school, etc, they need to have security the same way that I need to hire security for a movie set.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27412 on: May 26, 2022, 07:27:41 PM »

Good point.

What a sick hack he is.

No news, really.

It might behoove you to grow a heart.

Nothing in your vague attack addresses (a) the causes of the problem, (b) any potential solution to the problem, or (c) the hypocrisy of the overwhelming bulk of your party.

The news has nothing effective to say about those either and I defy you to demonstrate otherwise.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27413 on: May 26, 2022, 07:48:23 PM »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27414 on: May 26, 2022, 08:04:56 PM »

Good point.

What a sick hack he is.

No news, really.

Since the school had no guards on duty and no locked front door I suggest you gtow a brain.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27415 on: May 26, 2022, 08:15:54 PM »

Good point.

What a sick hack he is.

No news, really.

Since the school had no guards on duty and no locked front door I suggest you gtow a brain.

Since the kids are dead, I don't need to "gtow" anything.

Since the kids are dead because the kid could buy this kind of weapon on his 18th birthday and had the school doors been locked, he could have chosen any number of other targets, some of which are outdoors and have no doors to lock, your fucking comment is stupid and callous[/b.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27416 on: May 26, 2022, 08:35:45 PM »

Good point.

What a sick hack he is.

No news, really.

Since the kids are dead because the kid could buy this kind of weapon on his 18th birthday and had the school doors been locked, he could have chosen any number of other targets, some of which are outdoors and have no doors to lock, your fucking comment is stupid and callous[/b.
Like I said earlier pay attention to the facts of this tragedy.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27417 on: May 26, 2022, 08:48:08 PM »

Good point.

It's not (only) greed. It's practicality.

How many church services are there in Texas on a Sunday morning? How many entrances? How many vantage points for a shooter?

How many football games are there on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon in Texas, with how many fans at them? How easily covered are those games by security?

How many playgrounds, pools, and lakes are there that are open in the summer?

How many clubs, movies, plays, concerts, etc. at the professional, amateur, and high school levels?

1600+ high school football games every weekend for 17 weeks. Average attendance is over 1000 per game. At least one game pulled 43,000+.

There is not enough security available - it's not the money, it is the range of venues and the number of them and how scattered they are.

This could have been a mall as easily as a school, with more deaths.

Planes are not being hijacked in America anymore. Absolute security started with simply locking the cabin doors and having armed air marshals. Then came body 'xray' scanners....to stop the 'shoe-bombers', 'bra-bombers', 'underwear-bombers', 'bombs under hats bombers', ...and surveillance measures on the planes to foil the 'construct bombs in the plane toilet from parts handed into the toilet by terrorists lined up outside the toilet' brigade.

When tourist mrs bambu landed in America from Canada, at the airport she was fingerprinted, face-scanned, and her luggage no doubt checked and scanned. Her luggage had also been rearranged inside her case.
A very serious attempt at absolute security.

When I attend footy games in bambuworld, outside the grounds there are security tables and security staff, and "secret police" watching like hawks what's going on.
Terrorists have threatened to blow up stadiums and everyone in them.
I must present any/all my bags for searching.
Then if I pass inspection there, between the entry gates and me there are security guys with wands selecting people at random for scanning.
Then to get thru the turnstiles I must scan my electronic card pass.
A very serious attempt at absolute security.

I can't just waltz thru the gates of the stadiums with assault rifles...or any other weapons, including glass containers of any kind.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27418 on: May 26, 2022, 08:57:03 PM »

One of my acquaintances is striving to make Ward seem comparatively rational.

She's sure that the media, the feds, and the local and state officials in Texas are conspiring.

To do what? Unclear.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27419 on: May 26, 2022, 08:58:30 PM »

Good point.

What a sick hack he is.

No news, really.

Like I said earlier pay attention to the facts of this tragedy.

There are no facts that you can point to that counter anything I have said.

This is demonstrated by the fact that you have not pointed to any such facts.

And repeating "pay attention to the facts" again and again lends the usual nothing to your credibility.
Pages: 1 ... 1826 1827 [1828] 1829 1830 ... 2923