Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1851 1852 [1853] 1854 1855 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749628 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27780 on: June 05, 2022, 09:39:04 PM »

Keep trying.

Thanks, but I have no firm opinion on this case, as the evidence was inconclusive. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27781 on: June 05, 2022, 09:45:12 PM »

Keep trying.

Thanks, but I have no firm opinion on this case, as the evidence was inconclusive.
LOL!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27782 on: June 05, 2022, 09:57:53 PM »

News Item

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) expressed frustration Sunday with the Department of Justice for announcing they would not prosecute several former Trump officials for refusing to cooperate with the House committee investigating the January 6 Capitol riot. 

Uh oh. Looks like the bar of expectations is being lowered by the left.

Well,
Schiff  Happens.
ROFL!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27783 on: June 05, 2022, 10:39:53 PM »

The Senate may reach a bi partisan agreement on gun legislation.

The democrats have told Joe Biden to butt out since his only input is to ban guns.

Imagine that.

The man who  left 300,000 guns for the Taliban is lecturing us on gun control.
No wonder his voice is being ignored.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27784 on: June 05, 2022, 11:02:20 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27785 on: June 05, 2022, 11:30:38 PM »

And here is the rejoinder to Red's unattributed comments on Rebekah Jones.
Nothing needed to be attributed. 
Anything you post needs to be attributed because you are a proven liar and a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Then prove me wrong.

Shove your nose in your ass and break wind on camera and I will say your a liar.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27786 on: June 05, 2022, 11:42:10 PM »

The anti-trans stuff finally makes sense. Republicans are legislating a way for pervy Christian conservatives to regularly fondle the genitals of children. They wish they all had altar boys to play with and this is as close as they think they can get right now.

Republicans really know and cater to their base.

I don't think the Ohio law will stand up to public or judicial scrutiny.

The Ohio law will fail on its invasiveness, its potential for harm, and because it will be weaponized by anyone on a team who has a grudge against someone (or anxiety that player might be better than them).   This could cause some girls to quit a team because they will not want to face the degrading physical exam or any further accusations.  It seems like a catalyst for poor sportsmanship, the very thing that school sports programs are supposed to remedy.

Also, given the freshness in memory of Larry Nasser and other cases like that, it is really hard to imagine many parents signing off on such a proposal.

There is no bottom.

It is Ohio.

The GOP will push this through the legislature and they will be sued. If they lose they will appeal all the way to SCOTUS.
Vice versa If activists sue and lose they will also appeal to SCOTUS.

What makes you think SCOTUS will take up an appeal or if they do will not uphold the law?

Where is the evidence they would do otherwise?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27787 on: June 05, 2022, 11:51:18 PM »

In case anyone wants a recap of what happened on Tuesday in regards to the police response  (correlated by Brynn Tannehill on Twitter & other sources). Here is the failure we know so far, with more to come out:

- The armed school officer watched him enter the building, didn't stop him, & just sat & waited for backup. We've been told that armed cops assigned to schools were supposed to stop this from ever happening.

- The heavily armed & geared up officers all waited 60 minutes before entering the school while kids bled out, wasting a golden hour. They could have saved the lives of some children who were shot if they had received medical attention in time.

- A child repeatedly called 911 during the hour the gunman was inside, per press briefing. Gunshots could be heard over the line. "Please send the police now," the child begged. Texas DPS official says the on-scene commander believed the active shooter situation had ended & children were no longer at risk. "It was the wrong decision," he said.

- The officers tazed, pepper-sprayed, handcuffed, & arrested parents who were begging them to go in, all while still hearing shots being fired inside of the school.

- Angeli Rose Gomez, a mother of 2 students, drove 40 miles to the school when she heard about the shooting. After arriving, she was quickly handcuffed for "intervening in an active crime scene" & eventually persuaded law enforcement to release her. She moved away from the crowd, hopped the school fence, sprinted inside the school to grab her children, & made it out of the school with them alive.

- When officers did enter the school, they went to rescue their own kids rather than deal with the shooter & promptly went back out of the building to resume hanging out with the other officers.

- At one point, a few fathers got fed up, broke a classroom window, & started pulling children out themselves.

- Officers lied & said that the shooter barricaded the door when it was just locked. They said that they were incapable of knocking down or opening the locked door to the classroom where the shooter was, so they had a school employee come do it for them with a key, putting that employee's life in extreme danger.

- Uvalde SWAT team had done a walkthrough of the school in February to prepare for a situation like this.

- Outside observers say Uvalde police ignored every lesson learned since Columbine.

- When the police did enter the classroom, they failed to neutralize the shooter first. As a result, another child died due to their incompetence because one of the cops hollered out, "Yell if you need help!" A girl called out "Help!" The shooter instantly shot her.

- It was an off-duty border patrol officer who went in & took down the shooter without any backup while the local police were outside handcuffing & tazing parents & claiming they were waiting for more & more & more backup.

- Initially lied about the timeline, lied about what the shooter was wearing, lied about their response, lied about a "barricade," lied about multiple details.

- Police is 40% of Uvalde's budget.

- Initial reports by police that they pursued & pinned down the shooter in a classroom were false. In reality, the shooter had plenty of time & locked himself in a classroom.

*And the best part, because of the Supreme Court decision in Castle Rock v. Gonzales, a 2005 decision delivered by Scalia, no matter how incompetent, cowardly, or negligent officers are, they cannot be held accountable.*

Edit: all this info can be found at Washington Post, NPR, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, NBC, New York Times, & many more, as well as cell phone videos released by the parents at the scene.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27788 on: June 06, 2022, 03:12:24 AM »

News Item

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) expressed frustration Sunday with the Department of Justice for announcing they would not prosecute several former Trump officials for refusing to cooperate with the House committee investigating the January 6 Capitol riot.

Uh oh. Looks like the bar of expectations is being lowered by the left.

Well,
Schiff  Happens.
ROFL!

When it comes to trumpy acolytes, chop off their hands and feet and only then start asking questions. Otherwise they will not think you are serious and will continue to keep obstructing justice.

Trump peons are as impermeably dense as trump subpeons like Kid and ward. They cannot manage to grasp the meaning of words or control their shitty impulses. More kinetic means are all that is left if you want to induce them to adhere to even the most minimal social standards.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 03:15:47 AM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #27790 on: June 06, 2022, 09:45:43 AM »

In case anyone wants a recap of what happened on Tuesday in regards to the police response...

A

Thanks, some of this I missed.  If all this does not expose the lie of "a good person with a gun" then I guess it is a creed that no facts may touch. 

And Angeli Gomez, who hopped the fence and went in for her kids, gets my Mom of the Year vote. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #27791 on: June 06, 2022, 10:01:16 AM »

The anti-trans stuff finally makes sense. Republicans are legislating a way for pervy Christian conservatives to regularly fondle the genitals of children. They wish they all had altar boys to play with and this is as close as they think they can get right now.

Republicans really know and cater to their base.

The Ohio law will fail on its invasiveness, its potential for harm, and because it will be weaponized by anyone on a team who has a grudge against someone (or anxiety that player might be better than them).   This could cause some girls to quit a team because they will not want to face the degrading physical exam or any further accusations.  It seems like a catalyst for poor sportsmanship, the very thing that school sports programs are supposed to remedy.

Also, given the freshness in memory of Larry Nasser and other cases like that, it is really hard to imagine many parents signing off on such a proposal.

There is no bottom.

It is Ohio.

The GOP will push this through the legislature and they will be sued. If they lose they will appeal all the way to SCOTUS.
Vice versa If activists sue and lose they will also appeal to SCOTUS.

What makes you think SCOTUS will take up an appeal...

I do not think even this current SCOTUS could find it constitutional. Start with the 14th amendment.  The bill is absurd, and is just partisan baboons displaying.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27792 on: June 06, 2022, 10:24:26 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/hateful-anti-lgbtq-graduation-speech-ohio-high-school-sparks-outrage-rcna31917?icid=recommended

My speech was not anti-anything. There was not a negative word or statement in speech to anyone or organization. Being positive is who I am.

I truly had the best interests of the Graduates in mind. The Graduates were my audience.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27793 on: June 06, 2022, 10:40:05 AM »

Anything you post needs to be attributed because you are a proven liar and a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack.
Then prove me wrong.
That you are a proven liar is public knowledge. I see why you cannot refute it.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27794 on: June 06, 2022, 10:40:42 AM »

Then prove me wrong.
That you are a proven liar is public knowledge. I see why you cannot refute it.
LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 1851 1852 [1853] 1854 1855 ... 2924