Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612638 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17295 on: July 25, 2019, 01:14:36 PM »

THANKS, MITCH

You are so creative

Will this be on the wall when your parents come for Meet the Teacher Night?

It will be on the wall of your Post Office, when we try to track down dirty fugitive Mitch for his trial.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #17296 on: July 25, 2019, 01:15:20 PM »

Reno was a law enforcement officer. Barr is a co-conspirator. Starr was appointed as an independent counsel, Mueller as a far more limited special counsel. Starr was a rabid weasel. Mueller is a republican who investigated so called republicans, and was reluctant to hurt his own people. Starr was happy to sink the country to bolster his reputation as the no. 1 with him hunter.

Also Starr's was specifically an impeachment inquiry.  Mueller's was not, and was we now know never going to have teeth because of the OLC opinion.

How different would the report have been (and Mueller's testimony yesterday) if he was asked to render an opinion on impeachment rather than prosecutable criminal offenses?  I don't think there can be any debate where Mueller would have gone with that.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #17297 on: July 25, 2019, 01:17:36 PM »

Needs

Cortez's "garbage" statement sort of like when Trump used "shithole" and was then misrepresented.

No, it isn't.  Not even remotely. 

Calling a policy you don't agree with "garbage" is not the same as calling the country that implements that policy and its people garbage. 

When you use the phrase "shithole countries" you are, in fact, calling a country a shithole.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17298 on: July 25, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17299 on: July 25, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »

I am living proof that one can be born a Somali, raised as an anti-Semite, indoctrinated as an anti-Zionist—and still overcome all this to appreciate the unique culture of Judaism and the extraordinary achievement of the state of Israel. If I can make that leap, so perhaps can Ms. Omar. Yet that is not really the issue at stake. For she and I are only two individuals. The real question is what, if anything, can be done to check the advance of the mass movement that is Muslim anti-Semitism. Absent a world-wide Muslim reformation, followed by an Islamic enlightenment, I am not sure I know.

https://www.aei.org/publication/quotation-of-the-day-on-whether-rep-ilhan-omar-can-overcome-her-prejudice/

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17301 on: July 25, 2019, 01:56:20 PM »

Reno was a law enforcement officer. Barr is a co-conspirator. Starr was appointed as an independent counsel, Mueller as a far more limited special counsel. Starr was a rabid weasel. Mueller is a republican who investigated so called republicans, and was reluctant to hurt his own people. Starr was happy to sink the country to bolster his reputation as the no. 1 with him hunter.

Also Starr's was specifically an impeachment inquiry.  Mueller's was not, and was we now know never going to have teeth because of the OLC opinion.

How different would the report have been (and Mueller's testimony yesterday) if he was asked to render an opinion on impeachment rather than prosecutable criminal offenses?  I don't think there can be any debate where Mueller would have gone with that.
He already did.
Nancy said no, though.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #17302 on: July 25, 2019, 02:01:22 PM »

I am living proof that one can be born a Somali, raised as an anti-Semite, indoctrinated as an anti-Zionist—and still overcome all this to appreciate the unique culture of Judaism and the extraordinary achievement of the state of Israel. If I can make that leap, so perhaps can Ms. Omar.

Just more slander.  The assumption is that the fact that she is of Somali descent (her family moved from there when she was four) she has some built-in existing prejudice against jewish people that she has yet to overcome.

Yet if there is proof that Omar actually holds those views, this author isn't providing it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:03:04 PM by NeedsAdjustments »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #17303 on: July 25, 2019, 02:09:56 PM »

Needs

Cortez's "garbage" statement sort of like when Trump used "shithole" and was then misrepresented.

No, it isn't.  Not even remotely. 

Calling a policy you don't agree with "garbage" is not the same as calling the country that implements that policy and its people garbage. 

When you use the phrase "shithole countries" you are, in fact, calling a country a shithole.

America stinks. At least that’s what Donald J. Trump seemed to be saying before becoming president.

He did not believe in “American exceptionalism,” he said, because America was not exceptional. Instead, it was a “laughingstock” that was no better than Vladimir V. Putin’s Russia. By promising to make America great again, he made it clear that he believed it was not great anymore.

That was then. Now the president who trash-talked America more than any other in modern times says anyone who trash-talks America should leave. The president, who took office with an inaugural address decrying “American carnage,” now says that it is unpatriotic to speak ill of the country. And on Tuesday, he went further, equating attacks on him by his political opponents with attacks on “the Country, the Flag.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/us/politics/trump-america-criticism.html

If Trump's "American carnage" is less of a sweeping indictment of the country and its people than AOC callling current tax policy "Garbage" I'd love to hear how.

kiidcarter8?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17304 on: July 25, 2019, 02:23:18 PM »

Yes the illegals and their supporters would be dancing in the streets of gold. The Jihad community would be so overjoyed they would blow up a major landmark or two.

Christ almighty, luee...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17305 on: July 25, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »

Needs

Shoe is on the other foot now, ain't it?

No, you fucking idiot.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17306 on: July 25, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »

Meanwhile...

Republicans backed Nixon until SCOTUS made him turn over tapes no one knew about until Butterfield's hearing testimony.
Once tapes became public after SCOTUS reading GOP told Nixon they had to fold.
Already more evidence against Trump.

Media should stop asking Dems what they're gonna do and pound GOP for THEIR inaction.

Meanwhile, Congressional oversight hearings, legal prosecutions and PUBLIC OPINION going forward.
It's gonna take months... Right through the election.

Right now, at this moment, this is as good as it is gonna get for the GOP and Trump.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17307 on: July 25, 2019, 03:39:40 PM »

I am living proof that one can be born a Somali, raised as an anti-Semite, indoctrinated as an anti-Zionist—and still overcome all this to appreciate the unique culture of Judaism and the extraordinary achievement of the state of Israel. If I can make that leap, so perhaps can Ms. Omar.

Just more slander.  The assumption is that the fact that she is of Somali descent (her family moved from there when she was four) she has some built-in existing prejudice against jewish people that she has yet to overcome.

I believe she does

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17308 on: July 25, 2019, 03:42:14 PM »

Needs

Shoe is on the other foot now, ain't it?

No, you fucking idiot.

Click.

See you in a week.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17309 on: July 25, 2019, 04:00:00 PM »

I believe she does
A statement that does not pass Hitchen's Razor.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 4288