Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583895 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18330 on: August 12, 2019, 05:46:06 PM »

I like the confidence, Barton

Confident in '16 as well, no doubt, eh?

When you have no real facts, I guess a taunt based on "Well, our team WON three years ago" is about all that's left.  Keep that sphincter flowing!   

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: August 12, 2019, 05:46:22 PM »

Nor could he get Hillary elected with 90% of the media in his pocket.

The media was in Bill Clinton's pocket!

LOL.

Because Hannity, Carlson, Limbaugh, Levine, Beck, Rove, etalia are not part of the media.

Behave as expected, partisan lying cocksucker.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: August 12, 2019, 05:47:38 PM »

I like the confidence, Barton

Confident in '16 as well, no doubt, eh?

When you have no real facts, I guess a taunt based on "Well, our team WON three years ago" is about all that's left.  Keep that sphincter flowing!
Well present your "facts" that the GOP will fail in 2020.

barton

« Reply #18333 on: August 12, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »

My post simply said Weld was a functional adult, so that might make him harder to beat in 2020.  It's a conjecture.  It's Kid who believes in Trump, so the burden is on him to present a coherent case as to why that is best for the GOP.  So far all we have from him is "Scoreboard!!"  And a rather old scoreboard at that.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: August 12, 2019, 06:09:36 PM »

So everyone here wants to face Trump

Cool

Did you hear me say that?

No

Are you a Democrat?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: August 12, 2019, 06:13:17 PM »

My post simply said Weld was a functional adult, so that might make him harder to beat in 2020.  It's a conjecture.  It's Kid who believes in Trump, so the burden is on him to present a coherent case as to why that is best for the GOP.  So far all we have from him is "Scoreboard!!"  And a rather old scoreboard at that.

The current scoreboard reads about how it did vs Sec Clinton

And no - I haven’t thrown support behind anyone yet

Last time my guy won was 2004. So you shouldn’t sweat it anyway

kidcarter8

• View Profile

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: August 12, 2019, 06:38:34 PM »

Weld won in Massachusetts, so, yes he could be a viable alternative.

oilcan

« Reply #18338 on: August 12, 2019, 06:53:42 PM »

Trump is reaching the point with his conspiracy theories of hearing structural groans and popping rivets from the poor 25th Amendment.   I think the Post covered this pretty well today...

Media organizations are not “taking sides” when they exclude false information, information that can be dangerous to boot. This is the trap of false balance. There is no balance required when it comes to “Did the Clintons kill Epstein?” or “Did Trump actually help propagate conspiracy theories?” There are factual answers (no and yes, respectively), and a responsible media organization does not allow an apologist to suggest that we really don’t know about those Clintons. A legitimate news organization does not provide a forum for hacks to lie that the president “just wants everything to be investigated.”   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/12/this-is-how-respond-trumps-conspiratorial-lunacy/

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: August 12, 2019, 06:57:49 PM »

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Yeah, about that.  Actually we only want immigrants you come here with money:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/12/politics/legal-immigration-public-charge/index.html

Making America Great Again.

No worries, give them to her to look after.

You have to have a certain wealth and good prospects, to be accepted as a legal immigrant to Australia.
Have to have a sponsor who declares to support you...or be able to support yourself...I believe.
Except a certain number of refugees taken in each year.

US govt has the right to decide who comes into its country, and on what terms they come.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18340 on: August 12, 2019, 07:02:27 PM »

Once, long ago, I think we could have had a public conversation in the US about what we want immigrant policy to be.  The problem is that a lot of people have kind of vague and conflicting ideas, or just various mythologies.  If, as the administration suggests, we should only allow in people who don't need public assistance of any kind to establish themselves, then we should also look at what happens to people who are then in stuck in countries like Mexico, El Salvador, et al.  If we identify the problem as poverty and poor government in those places, what should be our role in helping to fix that?  The ultimate solution, if the goal is to diminish immigration from troubled spots, is to be part of fixing the trouble and help those nations be so hospitable to their inhabitants that they don't want to flee northward.  In other words, prevention tends to be better than cure.  And costs less, longterm.  Civilizations that lose the capacity to develop longterm solutions, and do everything on the short term, "management by crisis," method, don't tend to endure.

Amen.

It's not America's responsibility to re-home the world's poor and struggling.
If it becomes a basket case, it won't be able to assist anyone, in any way...inside or outside its borders.
The roads are already carparks, there isn't enough housing for everyone, people are starving...-eating out of garbage bins, there are cities overrun with garbage in the streets, people living under tarps on the streets...etc.
Bringing in millions more needy people is going to help anything?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:32:57 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: August 12, 2019, 07:40:46 PM »

So everyone here wants to face Trump

Cool

Did you hear me say that?

No

Are you a Democrat?

Yep. Blue Dog Dem. Very unpopular in the party these days. Apparently, folks like me want to actually win elections, first, then win the hearts and minds of the people.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: August 12, 2019, 08:02:28 PM »

Nor could he get Hillary elected with 90% of the media in his pocket.

Ward's imagination continues to flourish as does his obsession with the Clintons.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18344 on: August 12, 2019, 08:10:10 PM »

Epstein was treated like a DOG

And you guys are OK with this.

Sad.
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 4288