Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604798 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18300 on: August 12, 2019, 01:18:39 PM »

---Scaramucci: GOP may need to replace Trump for 2020---

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457050-scaramucci-gop-may-need-to-replace-trump-for-2020

Make many happy. To separate his erratic and abrasive personality from party agenda. Is it realistic?

I think Mooch said HE was in favor of a new top of the ticket

Whether it’s necessary is debatable

I am undecided, as we need to first see the names of a potential replacement

The characterization of his statement was correct.  He is not stating a mere preference, but saying that the country may be headed toward disaster if Trump is allowed to stay in power past 2020.

Naturally, that is "debatable" but if you see the debate as not one of mere degrees, then you can only be so far into the bag for Trump that your continued claims to be "undecided" are laughable.

And to be clear, I generally don't hold the judgement of "Mooch" above anyone else's except that he is someone that for however short a time witnessed the workings of our "president" first hand.  I do, however, agree with his judgement on this.  And can't understand how any rational person who holds this country dear could possible think any other way.

So as a Dem hoping to win the White House, who do you favor the Republicans running?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18301 on: August 12, 2019, 01:19:16 PM »

I don't drink.

Maybe you should. It might kill the bug up your ass.
The beauty of HamiltonIII, or whatever name it happens to be posting under, is the complete lack of a sense irony it possesses.

TRANSLATION:
Yank likes to snack, but hates getting smacked back.

SAME as it ever was.
Oh. I thought you were trying to keep us informed.  You're just talking "smack"? 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18302 on: August 12, 2019, 01:49:55 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/457050-scaramucci-gop-may-need-to-replace-trump-for-2020

Make many happy. To separate his erratic and abrasive personality from party agenda. Is it realistic?

The characterization of his statement was correct.  He is not stating a mere preference, but saying that the country may be headed toward disaster if Trump is allowed to stay in power past 2020.

Naturally, that is "debatable" but if you see the debate as not one of mere degrees, then you can only be so far into the bag for Trump that your continued claims to be "undecided" are laughable.

And to be clear, I generally don't hold the judgement of "Mooch" above anyone else's except that he is someone that for however short a time witnessed the workings of our "president" first hand.  I do, however, agree with his judgement on this.  And can't understand how any rational person who holds this country dear could possible think any other way.

So as a Dem hoping to win the White House, who do you favor the Republicans running?

It’s a moot question. Republicans have as much chance of breaking free of trump and Moscow Mitch as trump and Moscow Mitch have of breaking free of Putin.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18303 on: August 12, 2019, 02:04:22 PM »

I don't drink.

The beauty of HamiltonIII, or whatever name it happens to be posting under, is the complete lack of a sense irony it possesses.

IRONY!!!
The dictionary definition is less than 280 characters if you'd like to look it up.

The bug lives.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18304 on: August 12, 2019, 02:05:33 PM »

Pence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18305 on: August 12, 2019, 02:08:23 PM »

I don't drink.

IRONY!!!
The dictionary definition is less than 280 characters if you'd like to look it up.

The bug lives.

Here’s a free ride, though you’re already late...

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/irony
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18306 on: August 12, 2019, 02:11:09 PM »

Mike Abt, whose last name conveniently initializes Anybody But Trump!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18308 on: August 12, 2019, 02:18:09 PM »

I don't drink.

IRONY!!!

The bug lives.

Stay on the sidelines where you belong, insignificant one.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18309 on: August 12, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »

When the GOP did this with Vince Foster and Seth Rich was pumped up by the Russians, you were in a lather.

Why not wait until more is known? Conflicts with your leftist political agenda?

You're the kind of Democrat who costs us elections.

And Trump is the one who said he could shoot somebody in Times Square and get away with it, plus he is the one already guilty of conspiracy and mob connections for decades.

But, mostly, it was funny and pertinent, so I shared it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18310 on: August 12, 2019, 02:22:32 PM »

Better watch out, josh. I'd hate to see you get your head more swollen than it already is:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/12/us/eastern-equine-encephalitis-massachusetts-trnd/index.html

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18311 on: August 12, 2019, 02:26:18 PM »

I don't drink.

IRONY!!!

The bug lives.

Some good advice that you just couldn’t take...

http://youtu.be/OLpeX4RRo28

(NSFW)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:28:13 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #18312 on: August 12, 2019, 02:31:07 PM »

I don't drink.

IRONY!!!

The bug lives.

Some good advice that you just couldn’t take...

http://youtu.be/OLpeX4RRo28

(NSFW)

That's what you got? Someone else's work?

kid, yank, and I have a long history together, and you've got nothing to do with it. So run along and play with your iPad, child.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18313 on: August 12, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »

It’s not that you’re helpless, it’s that you are unwilling to help yourself.

You don’t like it?

Get off my stoop.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18314 on: August 12, 2019, 03:09:59 PM »

So everyone here wants to face Trump

Cool
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 4288