Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1848 1849 [1850] 1851 1852 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603675 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27735 on: February 19, 2020, 08:54:42 PM »

How do you know something that's "unpublicized"?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27736 on: February 19, 2020, 09:09:17 PM »

Because it is publicized.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27737 on: February 19, 2020, 09:20:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/18/health/children-health-rankings-unicef-who-lancet-report/index.html

"We're 39th! We're 39th!"

Thanks, Donald.

The United States ranks lower than 38 other countries on measurements of children's survival, health, education and nutrition -- and every country in the world has levels of excess carbon emissions that will prevent younger generations from a healthy and sustainable future, according to a new report.

The report, published in the medical journal The Lancet on Tuesday, ranked 180 countries based on a "child flourishing index" and the United States came in at No. 39.

Countries also were ranked by levels of excess carbon emissions -- specifically researchers took a close look at estimated levels for 2030. Based on that data, the United States ranked No. 173 for sustainability, according to the report.

Something for you to be proud of, Kid, and for Ward to say "LOL" to.

How would this be a surprise, with all the industry?

"With all the industry?"

I have no idea what that means.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #27738 on: February 19, 2020, 09:52:21 PM »

Bloomy just got eviscerated onstage in Vegas.   Wow.   I don't see him going far.   A manifest lack of the right stuff.   

barton

« Reply #27739 on: February 19, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »

What are ye,  some hifalutin logician?   Kid's always been in the loop.   Or in the loo. 

barton

« Reply #27740 on: February 19, 2020, 09:58:00 PM »

Kloby fights back beautifully.   She forgets names.   No excuses.    Well done.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27741 on: February 19, 2020, 10:10:46 PM »

Just getting his feet wet.

NBC just wasted 40 of the first 55 minutes by not controlling the questions, time,and equal
Opportunity to speak.  Biden getting shafted and about to blow. 

Hopefully, things go better this next hour!

I disagree that it was wasted. I think some very important things got said, despite the shouting match - and I think letting them go was probably better than trying to control them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27742 on: February 19, 2020, 10:20:17 PM »

Because it is publicized.
Well Kid told us that the bullying of Trump supporters in school was unpublicized. Ask him how he knows.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27743 on: February 19, 2020, 11:08:11 PM »

Just getting his feet wet.

NBC just wasted 40 of the first 55 minutes by not controlling the questions, time,and equal
Opportunity to speak.  Biden getting shafted and about to blow. 

Hopefully, things go better this next hour!

I disagree that it was wasted. I think some very important things got said, despite the shouting match - and I think letting them go was probably better than trying to control them.

Hell, they weren’t comparing hands and dick size... yeah, I know. Women.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #27744 on: February 19, 2020, 11:39:49 PM »

Bloomberg may be getting his feet wet,  but the sensation of squishy socks seems not to reach his face.   He's cold,  passionless,  privileged, and can't seem to own his mistakes (treatment of women,  supporting GW Bush, stop n frisk...) -- at least that's how he came across to someone from nowhere near NYC and mostly unfamiliar with his persona.   In almost every way I can think of he seemed like the worst candidate on the stage and weirdly entitled.   Does he grasp that he made his billions because thousands of workers helped him, busting their humps?   He's like Trump if Trump had an extra 30 points of IQ but was still essentially a jerk.   I find him amazingly out of touch with his party,  and sorely lacking a fire in the belly.   And all the NDAs he defends as "consensual" ?  AYFKM?   

Sanders and Klobuchar did well.   For the simple reason that they don't feel they have to project authenticity -- they just are authentic.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27745 on: February 20, 2020, 12:59:22 AM »

Bloomberg may be getting his feet wet,  but the sensation of squishy socks seems not to reach his face.   He's cold,  passionless,  privileged, and can't seem to own his mistakes (treatment of women,  supporting GW Bush, stop n frisk...) -- at least that's how he came across to someone from nowhere near NYC and mostly unfamiliar with his persona.   In almost every way I can think of he seemed like the worst candidate on the stage and weirdly entitled.   Does he grasp that he made his billions because thousands of workers helped him, busting their humps?   He's like Trump if Trump had an extra 30 points of IQ but was still essentially a jerk.   I find him amazingly out of touch with his party,  and sorely lacking a fire in the belly.   And all the NDAs he defends as "consensual" ?  AYFKM?   

Sanders and Klobuchar did well.   For the simple reason that they don't feel they have to project authenticity -- they just are authentic.

He has no choice being out of touch with his "party", he is a Republican after all.  Not sure he had thousands of workers on Wall Street where he made his money initially and then built up,a company with thousands of well-paid workers. 
I am not a supporter of Bloomberg, but I am fairly certain he is in for the long haul and he will
have a say on how this process works itself out.
Non-disclosure agreements, as far as I know, are as common as pre-nuptials at this level of high society.   Will see how he handles this issue next time someone brings it up.
All I saying is he got more of a hot welcome to the stage than he was prepared for, but nothing
Was even remotely close to being a KO punch.
Just my observation.

Can't KO a guy who is funding his own campaign with less than 2 percent of his $$.

But nothing he did tonight is going to bring him much in the way of votes from the Democratic party members.

The NDA answer he kept trying to give was about as tone deaf as one could imagine.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27746 on: February 20, 2020, 03:01:43 AM »

A real billionaire makes a nice stand in for an imposter president.

I’d like to see Pete, Joe, Bernie, and Liz debate. I didn’t catch anything presidential from Mike or Amy.

After tonight, if Liz is the nominee trump chickens out of live debates.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27747 on: February 20, 2020, 08:43:15 AM »

A real billionaire makes a nice stand in for an imposter president.

I’d like to see Pete, Joe, Bernie, and Liz debate. I didn’t catch anything presidential from Mike or Amy.

After tonight, if Liz is the nominee trump chickens out of live debates.

Yep.

Warren sent Mayor Pete out back to get his own switch.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27748 on: February 20, 2020, 08:45:15 AM »

Looking forward to seeing Bloomy next time out.  He was wamboozled, surely.  Actually could have been worse.   Nails Bernie pretty good in second hour.

Klobuchar will be viable the first time we see her hit with some dirt.  For now there is no reason to.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:53:55 AM by kiidcarter8 »

barton

« Reply #27749 on: February 20, 2020, 09:51:23 AM »

Amy turned on the Midwestern rage when Pete tried a take-down on remembering the Mexican presidents name.   It was such a weak attack (who doesn't momentarily forget a name?) that I felt she could have rode past it more calmly,  make a joke,  move on.   But it did boomerang back on mayor Pete,  who hasn't been the lead Democrat on a hundred Senate bills,  etc.   He just handed her a moment to fully describe the experience gap.   

I missed where Bloomberg "nails Bernie pretty good..."   Got quote?   
Pages: 1 ... 1848 1849 [1850] 1851 1852 ... 4288