Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1850 1851 [1852] 1853 1854 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603218 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27765 on: February 20, 2020, 05:38:09 PM »

Bernie took little Fire last night as the other candidates made sure Bloomberg was shown for whom he is, a conservative Republican of the old school (pre personality cult) who wants to buy his way to the Oval Office.

Biden played the fool, piggybacking on Warren's "just tell the women they are released from their nondisclosures"

Of course it doesn't work that way

- view from the back of the short bus
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27766 on: February 20, 2020, 05:45:01 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27767 on: February 20, 2020, 05:46:09 PM »

My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House. The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we're a lot less interested as a party.

-- Acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney
in a speech at the Oxford Union last night (2/19/2020)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27768 on: February 20, 2020, 05:52:40 PM »

My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House. The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we're a lot less interested as a party.

Could you possibly check your source for that quote, Josh?  My newspaper quoted one "RedStateWard" as saying that. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

barton

« Reply #27769 on: February 20, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »

Hen.

Denmark.

Nailed Bernie.  Communist.

Not how NDA works.

Antifa...violence.

Kid has gone full troll.   One-liners,  no actual discussion.   My vote is to stop feeding the troll.

barton

« Reply #27770 on: February 20, 2020, 06:40:05 PM »

“A life expectancy of a chief of staff is roughly 18 months,” he said. “Generally speaking, this job does not last that long … Who knows how much longer I’m going to last?” 

- Acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27771 on: February 20, 2020, 06:48:39 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Thursday_bushfires

The Black Thursday bushfires were a devastating series of fires that swept the state of Victoria, Australia, on 6 February 1851. Twelve human lives were lost, along with one million sheep, thousands of cattle and countless native animals.

"The temperature became torrid, and on the morning of the 6th of February 1851, the air which blew down from the north resembled the breath of a furnace. A fierce wind arose, gathering strength and velocity from hour to hour, until about noon it blew with the violence of a tornado. By some inexplicable means it wrapped the whole country in a sheet of flame — fierce, awful, and irresistible."[1]

The weather reached record extremes. By eleven it was about 47 °C (117 °F) in the shade. The air cooled to 43 °C (109 °F) by one o'clock and rose to 45 °C (113 °F) around four o’clock.
Survivors claimed the air was so full of smoke and heat that their lungs seemed to collapse.

The air was so dark it made the roads seem bright.[3] Pastures and plains became shrivelled wastelands: water-holes disappeared, creeks dried up, and trees turned into combustible timber.
Clouds of smoke filled the air; forests and ranges became one large "sheet of flames".[3]
The hot north wind was so strong that thick black smoke reached northern Tasmania, creating a murky mist, resembling a combination of smoke and fog.[4] Homes, crops and gardens were consumed by the rushing fire leaving a quarter of Victoria in a heap of desolate ruins.
The community fled to water to escape the suffocating air around them, returning after everything was over to the sight of "blackened homesteads"[3] and the charred bodies of animals that could not escape. The weather at sea was even "more fearful than on shore".[3] The intense heat could be felt 32 km (20 mi) out to sea where a ship came under burning ember attack and was covered in cinders and dust.[5]

#####

No cars, and no coal-fired power stations in 1851.

Someone should tell the climate alarmists.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 06:52:15 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27772 on: February 20, 2020, 06:54:41 PM »

Hen.

Denmark.

Not how NDA works.

Antifa...violence.

Kid has gone full troll.   One-liners,  no actual discussion.   My vote is to stop feeding the troll.

I took that advice about two years ago.....have not a single regret.

This guy is a little SNOT, has always been and will always be.  And you can add the guy from the land DownUnder....a complete Zero.

What does one have to do to move off zero?
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27773 on: February 20, 2020, 07:06:54 PM »

Someone has said the quiet part out loud.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27774 on: February 20, 2020, 07:22:50 PM »

Bernie took little Fire last night as the other candidates made sure Bloomberg was shown for whom he is, a conservative Republican of the old school (pre personality cult) who wants to buy his way to the Oval Office.

Biden played the fool, piggybacking on Warren's "just tell the women they are released from their nondisclosures"

Of course it doesn't work that way
Yes it does.

Only works that way in the reality based community!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27775 on: February 20, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »

Hen.

Denmark.

Not how NDA works.

Antifa...violence.

This guy is a little SNOT, has always been and will always be.  And you can add the guy from the land DownUnder....a complete Zero.

Have the ability to wonder whether the person who wrote this:

The weather at sea was even "more fearful than on shore".[3] The intense heat could be felt 32 km (20 mi) out to sea where a ship came under burning ember attack and was covered in cinders and dust.[5]

was writing fiction.  The act of writing something doesn't make it believable....Start there.

It's totally believable.

I must now move from zero to plus one.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27776 on: February 20, 2020, 07:36:42 PM »

Hen.

Denmark.

Not how NDA works.

Antifa...violence.

He reminds me of the father character in The Tin Drum.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27777 on: February 20, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »

Hen.

Denmark.

Not how NDA works.

Antifa...violence.

The weather at sea was even "more fearful than on shore".[3] The intense heat could be felt 32 km (20 mi) out to sea where a ship came under burning ember attack and was covered in cinders and dust.[5]

was writing fiction.  The act of writing something doesn't make it believable....Start there.

It's totally believable.

I may not be in positive numbers, but can see them from my backyard.

The first step on the road is to understand that anything funded or run by a Murdoch isn’t news. It’s all poison.

You also have to abandon your radio host and your all coal diet.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27778 on: February 20, 2020, 08:17:23 PM »

Hen.

Denmark.

Not how NDA works.

Antifa...violence.

It's totally believable.

I may not be in positive numbers, but can see them from my backyard.

The first step on the road is to understand that anything funded or run by a Murdoch isn’t news. It’s all poison.

You also have to abandon your radio host and your all coal diet.

Oh yes it is news, and accurate news at that, with photos and graphic and true descriptions..
A man in Brisbane the other day doused his estranged wife in petrol and set her alight as she was about to commence the school run.
He then burnt to death his 3 little kids and himself in the car he set on fire.

Fast train derailed just north of Melbourne late yesterday having left Sydney early in the morning.
Driver and assistant drive dead, many injured. Slow trains are best.
Accurate reporting, photos, etc.

A Chinese student left a nice dog out on his Sydney apartment balcony, it slowly starved to death over 3 months.
He's been tossed in prison for a minimum of 8 months. Should've been 8 years. He then should be deported, never to be allowed to return under any circumstances.
Accurate reporting, including photos.

Daily Telegraph is the 'paper of the People'.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27779 on: February 20, 2020, 09:01:52 PM »

Between your ears is vegetable soup, Bambu. Humanity has passed you by.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1850 1851 [1852] 1853 1854 ... 4288