Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1879727 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4215 on: October 08, 2018, 08:59:46 PM »

There was evidence about Dr. Ford's claims:
Collins says she believed Ford but that there was no proof that the man was Kavanaugh. How is that possible? It wasn’t dark in that room. They didn’t throw a bag over her head. She was face to face and 12 inches away from the man who had his hand over her mouth. She’s either lying about the whole thing or she’s telling the complete truth, and from the way Kavanaugh reacted to this story she was telling the complete truth. The feckless Collins was just looking for any excuse to say "yes".

But remember she only had “ one beer” and her therapist’s notes are still secret.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: October 08, 2018, 09:00:26 PM »

Everyone speaking for the GOP from the person on the street to the elected officials said the same thing, “I fear for our sons and brothers ...” Hardly anyone said shit about daughters and sisters.
And you expected something else from the Misogynist-In-Chief, Donald ‘Pussy Grabber’ Trump? This woman was just like those 12 who came forward to accuse him—a bunch of lying bitches trying to stick the knife in men…..Fuck 'em and forget 'em is Big Don's motto.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:22:07 PM by Driver125 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4217 on: October 08, 2018, 09:06:19 PM »

Josh rests his case on discredited sources and Mother Jones journalistic sophistry.

You're still a liar with no evidence to support your spurious claims, Redd.

Bro... he don’t care... he’s like Utley. Doesn’t matter what’s said, only who says it.

Wanna try that one again?

Translation: “I must reply but... I got nothing.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4218 on: October 08, 2018, 09:17:44 PM »

Collins says she believed Ford but that there was no proof that the man was Kavanaugh. How is that possible? It wasn’t dark in that room. They didn’t throw a bag over her head. She was face to face and 12 inches away from the man who had his hand over her mouth. She’s either lying about the whole thing or she’s telling the complete truth, and from the way Kavanaugh reacted to this story she was telling the complete truth. The feckless Collins was just looking for any excuse to say "yes".

But remember she only had “ one beer” and her therapist’s notes are still secret.

When you got your ass kicked in 7th grade was it in the gym locker room or out behind the shop class? Who was there watching? We’re most of them with you, or was your problem a momentary distraction?

If that happened to you you’ll remember every second of the experience, good or bad. For the guys watching, it’ll be one out of whatever handful of testosterone fests they witnessed in Jr. High.

Stop being a prick.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: October 08, 2018, 09:42:12 PM »

And though the Senate is a close 52-46 - 2 (Independents).

51-47-2. That's why the battle over Collins was so hot, and Flake. Had either of them said no, then Manchin would probably have said no, too.

And your complaints about Obama are not totally off-base, but do remember that even when the Dems had more votes that the gerrymandering had a greater negative impact on them than on the GOP in the House. Further, the impact of vote suppression is far greater than I think most of us realize.

The Democratic Senate fucked over Obama on the ACA. Max Baucus slow walked the legislation which gave the Astro turf TEA Party the space to organize and then Joe Lieberman insisted the Public Option be taken out of the ACA to appease the GOP who never intended to help govern.

Then the fucking progressives got mad at Obama for not including the public option and “taught him a lesson” in the 2010 midterm. Thanks, Michael Moore.

Obama built the party and the party threw away the base (young people, peo0le of color) trying to appease the WWC voters everyone says the Dems need turning over the House and legislatures in a census year.

In other words, blame white people.

You need a new tune Larry.

tell me where I lied.

Also, who is in charge, people of color or white people?

Just stay home and blame the white folks.

It's what you do.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #4220 on: October 08, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »

It won’t move any of the motherless bastards on this board, but for the rest of us

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N34hehRgw9g#

Terrific.   She reminds of my daughter,  who is a musician and just finishing up her music teaching degree.  And has had a couple male friends I wanted to tell,  in the immortal words of Dan Hedaya in "Clueless" -- "I've got a shovel and a pickaxe in the trunk of my car.   You won't be missed. " 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: October 08, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »

They just elevated a cracker ayatollah. Any qualms about that?

At least your an honest bigot.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: October 08, 2018, 09:54:57 PM »

Josh rests his case on discredited sources and Mother Jones journalistic sophistry.

Bro... he don’t care... he’s like Utley. Doesn’t matter what’s said, only who says it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWlb57OSBlY

Sure. Dey all alike, dem white fo'ks.

STFU.
You sew more hatred here than anyone, racist asshole.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: October 08, 2018, 09:56:02 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWlb57OSBlY

Sure. Dey all alike, dem white fo'ks.

STFU.
You sew more hatred here than anyone, racist asshole.

No, not even close.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: October 08, 2018, 09:57:05 PM »

Ok! Josh.

You sew more hatred here than even Larry the Bigot.

Feel better?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: October 08, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »

Ok! Josh.

You sew more hatred here than even Larry the Bigot.

Feel better?

Yup!

Leaves me in stitches, Utley.

You should find a mirror.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: October 08, 2018, 09:59:30 PM »

You should kiss my ass, supercilious twit.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: October 08, 2018, 10:06:12 PM »

Josh has always struck me as more of knitting guy than sewing guy.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: October 08, 2018, 10:13:01 PM »

When you got your ass kicked in 7th grade was it in the gym locker room or out behind the shop class? Who was there watching? We’re most of them with you, or was your problem a momentary distraction?

If that happened to you you’ll remember every second of the experience, good or bad. For the guys watching, it’ll be one out of whatever handful of testosterone fests they witnessed in Jr. High.

Stop being a prick.
How come those therapist’s notes were never produced as evidence to support Dr. Ford’s case?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 4288