Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3747 3748 [3749] 3750 3751 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1877059 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56220 on: November 07, 2020, 01:41:19 PM »

NEV for Biden.
279 and counting.
AZ would get it to 290.
GA would push it over 300 (306).
If Trump wins NC but loses AZ and GA, then it'll be 306 for Biden - 229 Trump.

The election was closer than expected, but Biden did exactly what he set out to do.
Reclaim the 3 Midwest states that Hillary lost.
As a bonus he also likely managed to flip AZ and GA, two key targets.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56222 on: November 07, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »

I think Trump will be fine after seeing this all through

2024 should be interesting

The statement from the campaign was actually quite measured and reasonable.  You are right - Trump for now will keep playing at this election - like any Democrat would in similar circumstance.

Campaign is being criticized somewhat for 2 things:

1)  the over the top campaign vs mail in voting
2)  currently not having a good enough ready to go team to continue the fight

You are a fucking liar, but what else is new? There is no other Democratic Party candidate who would or has done what Trump is doing, throwing doubt on the legitimacy of our political process and accusing people left and right of fraud. If you were right, then CLINTON would have been demanding recounts everywhere from the moment she fell behind in WI, MI, or PA.

Nor did she vow not to concede - rather, "Clinton conceded the 2016 presidential election to Republican Donald Trump on November 9 after media outlets declared Trump had exceeded the 270 electoral college vote threshold needed to win the election and ending the campaign."

You are also delusional if you think "Trump will be fine," given the various lawsuits which are going to proceed against him in federal and state courts, both criminal and civil.

OTOH, there is a good chance he will go from one form of subsidized public housing to another. Couldn't happen to a nicer autocrat-wannabe!

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #56223 on: November 07, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »

They just called the election for Biden and Harris.

People can take the boards down now.

I hope that the wall on our Southern Border stops now, we do not need a wall on our Southern Border.

And now California has a Californian in the White House, maybe Harris will help to bring the jobs back to California. California is in bad shape and has been losing jobs to other nations for a long time, I was happy to see Trump fighting to bring the jobs back and fix trade.

I wish the best for the USA, and I want to see America succeed no matter who is in the White House, and I support what America stands for, I support the American Dream, and I support what our Statue of Liberty stands for.

May God bless America.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56224 on: November 07, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »

Once again Black voters saves America from herself.

This is getting fucking old.

Latino groundswell in AZ and several other states helped.   White suburbans flipped in significant numbers.  Nebraskans, for goddsakes,  helped,  and that's not exactly a community of color.   White men with graduate degrees.   Native Americans.   Labor union members.   Old white people.   I could go on,  but I hope you see my point.   People from all walks of life,  all ethnicities,  all creeds,  turned out.   

Arizona is yet to be called.

Stop twisting the pretzel. In pure political reality my assertion stands.

Lord.

Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 01:53:18 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #56225 on: November 07, 2020, 01:53:08 PM »

Hopefully soon we'll get a DEM candidate for Prez who campaigns boldly on ending the war on drugs.  Oregon just took a small step in that direction. ...

Decriminalizing hard drugs could be seen as a not so small step.  A lot of the worst effects of the WoD have been from the incarceration of ill people.   Agree with rest of your post - spot on.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56226 on: November 07, 2020, 01:53:42 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56227 on: November 07, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »

Wonder who is in charge of the burn bags...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 01:58:34 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #56228 on: November 07, 2020, 01:57:58 PM »

Once again Black voters saves America from herself.

This is getting fucking old.

Latino groundswell in AZ and several other states helped.   White suburbans flipped in significant numbers.  Nebraskans, for goddsakes,  helped,  and that's not exactly a community of color.   White men with graduate degrees.   Native Americans.   Labor union members.   Old white people.   I could go on,  but I hope you see my point.   People from all walks of life,  all ethnicities,  all creeds,  turned out.   

Arizona is yet to be called.

Stop twisting the pretzel. In pure political reality my assertion stands.

Lord.

Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Don’t forget Georgia. Proud Black Communists are making the difference there, rallying woke whites, Latinos, and Asians to the cause.

As for who did what in this election, I say wait a couple of weeks till the next few million votes are tallied, before getting too detailed with the autopsy. If polls were bad this year, exit polls were far worse.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56229 on: November 07, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »

The US now has more than 3 percent of its population having tested positive for COVID-19.

Only three states remain with below 1% having tested positive:
Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont.

Only five others are below 2%.

Massachusetts and New York, once the top states for COVID cases, are now 37th and 27th, respectively, for COVID-cases per million.

Who are the worst?!

North and South Dakota, with 6.98% and 6.1%, respectively. Remember that whole thing with Governor Noem and how great their approach had been?!

Yeah, right.

Nobody else is as high as 5%.

They're not doing as poorly with deaths, where NY and MA still lead the charge, having had the bulk of their deaths early on before any treatments that were helpful had been found.

But North Dakota is climbing swiftly, now up to 10th in the country, having been 12th yesterday. They will likely be 9th tomorrow, but it will take them a week to pass DC for 8th and then under a month to pass from there to 6th.

South Dakota is also climbing faster than most states are, but they're only up to 24th, so far.

Maine and Vermont still are the lowest for deaths, as well. New Hampshire is 41st -proximity to eastern MA is a likely factor. Alaska and Hawaii are the 3rd and 4th lowest.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #56231 on: November 07, 2020, 02:23:16 PM »

I bet Harris can get California the money to finish our high speed rail project, as well as other routes such as between Anaheim and Las Vegas, Richard Branson wants to build part of the route, but it needs to go all the way from Vegas to Anaheim, people can go one way to Vegas, and the other way to Disneyland. And Biden wants clean air projects, and I bet Biden will support our high speed trains.

And there can also be a high speed train between New York City and Washington DC, etc.

I bet Biden and Harris will support high speed trains.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 02:27:48 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #56232 on: November 07, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #56233 on: November 07, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »

Military spending is too high.  It's always going to be high (as it should) but even a 1% reduction and re-distribution to social programs would be hugely beneficial.

I'd have to check but I believe Trump upped military spending nearly 10% last year and something like 6% the year before.  At a minimum, I'd be cutting 10%.  10% a year for four years if possible.

The more weapons you have, the more you want to use them (and test out the new ones).  The more weapons you use, the more you kill and maim and displace some poor innocent brown people.  Almost always causing more harm and insecurity than before you started dropping bombs on them.   Military spending in the US is a part of the insecurity and danger in the world.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56234 on: November 07, 2020, 02:43:39 PM »

Military spending of course is not all comprised of weaponry.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 3747 3748 [3749] 3750 3751 ... 4288