Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995224 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22260 on: October 23, 2019, 10:40:25 AM »

Always a paragon of sanctimony that "Mr. Graham."

Well, whatever you feel about him - that is the definitive statement on the current matter of impeachment

Bullshit.

How’s life in the bunker?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22262 on: October 23, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »

Can you smell the desperation?

GOP actually trying to run the old Florida 2000 ‘Brooks Brothers Riot’  play at the Capitol...

https://twitter.com/olivia_beavers/status/1187006636197584896?s=21

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22263 on: October 23, 2019, 11:39:31 AM »

Inquiry phase is not the trial phase, KC.  Graham, cracker, knows that. 

If I'm not mistaken, a legal professional, Mr. Lime, already explained that.  Too many letters?
For the.record, former.

Witnesses are being deposed in private by staffers from both parties, in the presence of committee members from both parties. It is fact finding. This will give both parties an opportunity to prepare for the resulting public hearings. And I will go out on a limb and predict those hearings will give Republicans a fairer opportunity than Graham affords Democrats in his committee.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22264 on: October 23, 2019, 11:41:16 AM »

And as to why in private, remember that there are legitimate national security issues that need to be vetted before information can be made public.
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #22265 on: October 23, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »

The House proceeding, as I understand it, is more comparable to a grand jury which deliberates over whether or not to make an indictment.  If it does so, then the actual trial is in the Senate.  As you said earlier, Graham has been to law school and would know that.  American GOP politics really has become a race to the bottom of the stupidity well.

barton

« Reply #22266 on: October 23, 2019, 12:13:27 PM »

https://twitter.com/jasonscampbell/status/1186627394708365315?s=21

I applaud Nicholas de Wolff's reply there....

Why promote and showcase these attention-seeking nincompoops? I fear our undoing will be our willingness (perhaps even eagerness) to broadcast content, opinions, and people who - in a less media-grazing world - would not have been paid the slightest bit of attention.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22269 on: October 23, 2019, 02:01:47 PM »

In assessing the current state of Kiid’s asshat and the degree of devolution in the GOP (going all lord of the flies in the SCIF was a nice classy touch by the lost boys caucus), remember that Graham himself was involved in the pre hearing investigation of Clinton and has personally done with moral outrage and excessive zeal everything he’s currently complaining is being done to trump by the Democrats.

Puppets got to dance, be they lowly Kiids or exalted Grahams.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #22270 on: October 23, 2019, 02:02:14 PM »

Can you smell the desperation?

GOP actually trying to run the old Florida 2000 ‘Brooks Brothers Riot’  play at the Capitol...

https://twitter.com/olivia_beavers/status/1187006636197584896?s=21
They need to get over it.
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #22271 on: October 23, 2019, 02:14:54 PM »

Heh.  Pretty silly given that these committees behind the closed doors have GOP members on them.  What, they can't ask them what's going on?   For that matter, a certain ranking member could just leak anything that might be favorable to Trump.....oh, wait....

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22272 on: October 23, 2019, 02:19:39 PM »

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/10/23/20916138/wall-street-elizabeth-warren-supporters-donald-trump

There is a difference between capitalism and theft. Republicans are pro-theft and anti-capitalist. Better still they no longer have the wit or will to pretend otherwise.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22273 on: October 23, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »

Trump lawyers attest that their client has already killed someone personally and is guilty of a murder.

http://www.theweek.com/speedreads/873844/trump-lawyer-says-trump-couldnt-investigated-office-even-killed-someone-public

My bet is he crushed an undocumented maid under his blubbery carcass while trying to rut at one of the Russian mob owned golf resorts with his name on it that he likes to frequent. Unclear whether it was at Mar Lago or Bedminister.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 4288