Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2018 2019 [2020] 2021 2022 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583552 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30285 on: March 30, 2020, 06:07:05 PM »

"I want our country to be calm and strong and fight and win"

LEADER.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30286 on: March 30, 2020, 06:08:21 PM »

So, Ward - as our resident originalist and defended of all things Constitutional, what do you think of the claims, in NH and now in TX, that "stay-at-home" orders are unconstitutional?!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-Supreme-Court-Harris-County-stay-at-home-15166758.php?utm_campaign=CMS+Sharing+Tools+%28Premium%29&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR2gnRXo3C0i-Xs-gdj-VvjEO_yXTDhsoCUpwhLLO9Gt7ziPgkWajq7RD1Q
The Federal Government is restricted from national quarantines. The states not so much thanks to the 10th amendment and the Commerce Clause. on that basis I would says states have Constitutional authority.  At the state level public health safety seems to take precedence. Ohio postponed the democrat primary election citing the threat to health by the corona virus, basically ignoring a judge’s ruling to the contrary. Further the state’s rescheduled election will prohibit in person voting. And Ohio was among the first states to close non essential businesses, schools, etc.
I don’t know if Texas accords the state the same power in overseeing public health.
Every time Red mentions the Commerce Clause, I think of Indigo Montoya. You keep using that phrase. I dont think it means what you think it means.
Well it certainly doesn't mean what he thinks it does in that post.
It most certainly does. Federal Law under the Commerce Clause  does not provide for quarantines of individuals who remain within a single state.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #30287 on: March 30, 2020, 06:10:12 PM »

Oh. Well you said that Commerce Clause gives states that authority. You need to write better.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30288 on: March 30, 2020, 06:11:44 PM »

So, Ward - as our resident originalist and defended of all things Constitutional, what do you think of the claims, in NH and now in TX, that "stay-at-home" orders are unconstitutional?!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-Supreme-Court-Harris-County-stay-at-home-15166758.php?utm_campaign=CMS+Sharing+Tools+%28Premium%29&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR2gnRXo3C0i-Xs-gdj-VvjEO_yXTDhsoCUpwhLLO9Gt7ziPgkWajq7RD1Q
The Federal Government is restricted from national quarantines. The states not so much thanks to the 10th amendment and the Commerce Clause. on that basis I would says states have Constitutional authority.  At the state level public health safety seems to take precedence. Ohio postponed the democrat primary election citing the threat to health by the corona virus, basically ignoring a judge’s ruling to the contrary. Further the state’s rescheduled election will prohibit in person voting. And Ohio was among the first states to close non essential businesses, schools, etc.
I don’t know if Texas accords the state the same power in overseeing public health.
Every time Red mentions the Commerce Clause, I think of Indigo Montoya. You keep using that phrase. I dont think it means what you think it means.
For what it is worth, the 10th Amendment would not give the States the right to quarantine either.
Of course it does.
Neither it nor the Commerce Clause grant the states any rights they did not already have.
LOL

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30289 on: March 30, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »

In less than positive news:

https://www.livescience.com/cat-infected-covid-19-from-owner.html?fbclid=IwAR2sN9OVWEtTUNpOXgFSxSWXgfPUXkv05KhjcMU9PMLu3kT67ZU3wmqHfro

This is a solid news source and was posted by a solid academic who studies epidemics. I reluctantly think it is true.

You think WHAT is true?

Thanks for the link,  I like the site.

That the cat caught the virus from its owner.

Uh...

ok.

Is there anything more alarming to this?

Pets caught SARS as well.

Keep us posted when Felix gets the blood test. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30290 on: March 30, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »

"Our testing is BETTER than any country in the world"

-  Trump

Thoughts?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30291 on: March 30, 2020, 06:16:29 PM »

Oh. Well you said that Commerce Clause gives states that authority. You need to write better.

The Federal Government is restricted from national quarantines. The states not so much thanks to the 10th amendment and the Commerce Clause.

I stand by what I wrote.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #30292 on: March 30, 2020, 06:18:08 PM »

Stand away.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30293 on: March 30, 2020, 06:18:32 PM »

Credit this president for continuing to call on Ms Alcindor and Mr Acosta at these briefings.

Today wasn't pretty - and you can argue whether or not it was necessary - they got slapped pretty good.   We can only hope the questions improve.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30294 on: March 30, 2020, 06:19:40 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #30295 on: March 30, 2020, 06:21:42 PM »

"Our testing is BETTER than any country in the world"

-  Trump

Thoughts?
That he lied his way through his first three years of being President. Why should I accept anything he says?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30296 on: March 30, 2020, 06:23:03 PM »

For what it is worth, the 10th Amendment would not give the States the right to quarantine either.
Of course it does.
Neither it nor the Commerce Clause grant the states any rights they did not already have.
LOL
Laugh away. It is your away of admitting I am right.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30297 on: March 30, 2020, 06:28:46 PM »

WHO stands by recommendation to not wear masks if you are not sick

"There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit. In fact, there's some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly," Dr. Mike Ryan, WHO executive director of health emergencies program, said during a media briefing in Geneva on Monday.

=====

"In the community, we do not recommend the use of wearing masks unless you yourself are sick and as a measure to prevent onward spread from you if you are ill," Van Kerkhove said. "The masks that we recommend are for people who are at home and who are sick and for those individuals who are caring for those people who are home that are sick."

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30298 on: March 30, 2020, 06:30:01 PM »

"I want our country to be calm and strong and fight and win"

DEAR LEADER.
fify. Trump could stand outside in a blizzard waving his penis around while shouting "Willy Banjo" and you would call it leadership.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30299 on: March 30, 2020, 06:32:37 PM »

Trump is waiting for Biden to tell him what to do.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2018 2019 [2020] 2021 2022 ... 4288