Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2142 2143 [2144] 2145 2146 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006687 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32145 on: April 21, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2?fbclid=IwAR3zufGO2rtLFK4eJY_c_joa3pFcaZ9PxRz1VmCsS4i06xuyZHlCacIgAHE

Bold Black = Cautions about the study
Bold Red = Cautions because of the study

More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32146 on: April 21, 2020, 02:16:56 PM »

But as much to the point, how do you propose to identify the person or people responsible for a specific individual's death?

heh

Well, that would be the case, wouldnt it?

But easy to identify a plaintiff.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32147 on: April 21, 2020, 02:18:27 PM »

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2?fbclid=IwAR3zufGO2rtLFK4eJY_c_joa3pFcaZ9PxRz1VmCsS4i06xuyZHlCacIgAHE

Bold Black = Cautions about the study
Bold Red = Cautions because of the study

More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

The study was posted on an online site for researchers and has been submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine, but has not been reviewed by other scientists. Grants from the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia paid for the work.

You are fighting a losing - and comically hard to understand - battle.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32148 on: April 21, 2020, 02:29:12 PM »

Largest in US, maybe - though of course so many more have been saved with the drug outside any analytics

Not as large as the 1061 in the French study you dismiss

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32149 on: April 21, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »

Take six doses and call me in the morning, you sick fuck. That should cure what ails you.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32150 on: April 21, 2020, 02:49:43 PM »

The trump epic failure to do even a little bit of his job during this pandemic will have cost more Americans their lives than the Korean War by this weekend and more lives than the Vietnam war in the middle of next week, if we maintain and tighten stay at home and distancing protocols. Trump is trying to out-kill the Civil and the Great wars but knows he doesn’t have much time.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32151 on: April 21, 2020, 02:58:20 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32152 on: April 21, 2020, 03:25:42 PM »

Largest in US, maybe - though of course so many more have been saved with the drug outside any analytics

Not as large as the 1061 in the French study you dismiss
Still flogging that dead horse? That drug is looking less and less like the magic cure you crave - not for COVID, where the potential benefit needs further study - but for Trump's reelection, which is what you, and he, really care about.
A parrot bit me.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32153 on: April 21, 2020, 03:38:59 PM »

It was of course a real longshot that a repurposed malarial drug would be the exact right fit to treat Covid patients.  I said all along that chloraquine and related drugs would at best be useful for patients with mild symptoms or in early stages.   

It's certainly worth investigating and maybe they'll get lucky or find a suitable drug combo.   

One interesting aspect is they really don't know how chloraquine works to combat malaria.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32154 on: April 21, 2020, 04:01:51 PM »

In NJ, almost exactly half the people tested have been positive.
I'm sure most get tested because they have symptoms and meet the criteria to be allowed to get tested.  But NJ has the highest positive rate by far so far.

With the VA study, I suspect those in worse shape were given the unproven drugs which could explain the much higher death rate.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32155 on: April 21, 2020, 04:05:28 PM »

Six voters and one poll worker in Milwaukee appear to have contracted the coronavirus from participating in the April 7 election, the first such cases following in-person voting that was held despite widespread concern about the public health risks.

Terrific.
Even without a raging epidemic, I don't know that I'd wait for hours to vote.
Some folks who waited in those long lines had no mask or other protection.  Sad.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32156 on: April 21, 2020, 04:12:03 PM »

Still flogging that dead horse? That drug is looking less and less like the magic cure you crave - not for COVID, where the potential benefit needs further study - but for Trump's reelection, which is what you, and he, really care about.

How many took the drug and recovered?

Of that number, how many would have recovered anyway?

You just don't know

I just reminded the board of the French study - which asshat moderator refuses to acknowledge

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32157 on: April 21, 2020, 04:13:18 PM »

Six voters and one poll worker in Milwaukee appear to have contracted the coronavirus from participating in the April 7 election, the first such cases following in-person voting that was held despite widespread concern about the public health risks.

The proof being?

That they voted and then got the virus?

That's strong.

heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32158 on: April 21, 2020, 04:21:20 PM »

You are fighting a losing - and comically hard to understand - battle.

Trying to communicate with you?

Evidently.

That you cannot understand either what the study said or why I highlighted the limitations of the study is on you, Kid, not on me. The points were clear to everybody else, including both Ward and Bambi.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32159 on: April 21, 2020, 04:25:47 PM »

How many took the drug and recovered?

Of that number, how many would have recovered anyway?

You just don't know

I just reminded the board of the French study - which asshat moderator refuses to acknowledge

I acknowledged it, jerk.

I discussed it. I pointed out the flaws with it, the same way I pointed out the flaws with this one.

But as ever, you don't give a damn about facts, only what you have to say.

Or as you admitted, you are a troll.
Pages: 1 ... 2142 2143 [2144] 2145 2146 ... 4288