Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2239 2240 [2241] 2242 2243 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2010673 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33600 on: May 07, 2020, 03:24:07 PM »

Stephen Moore, a Heritage Foundation economist who informally advises Trump and other administration officials, said in an interview on Monday that he and fellow conservative economist Art Laffer had already sent their policy memo on opening states to the White House last week. The memo was based on a recent Laffer Associates study that Moore says was conducted over the course of “a couple weeks,” and is now in the hands of senior White House staff.

“Our model shows that if we start the opening of the country [right about now], by the end of the summer we could start to see a recovery,” Moore said. “But if we wait until, say, the middle of June, we might have to write off all of 2020. At that point, so much wealth would have evaporated.

Have these assholes ever been right about anything?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33601 on: May 07, 2020, 03:25:25 PM »

CNN having a COW today over Trump not wearing a mask.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33602 on: May 07, 2020, 03:29:39 PM »

Trump - winning.

Calls for the revocation of Pulitzer prizes due to false reporting.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:12:47 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33603 on: May 07, 2020, 03:39:37 PM »

Yawn.
"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33604 on: May 07, 2020, 03:55:02 PM »

Those numbers may be old.  But seems you are correct Josh

And it makes sense as the article says Sweden was doing most of their testing within the hospital setting.  As more outside and across the nation are tested the percents should diminish

My numbers?

Yeah, I think they are hours old, but not even a day.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #33606 on: May 07, 2020, 04:05:03 PM »

There's really way too many humans . . .

A pandemic which keeps a lot of young and fertile people at home and pretty bored is maybe not the best way to lower birth rates.   Especially in countries where access to contraception is spotty.   Might be a spike nine months from now. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33607 on: May 07, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »

Trump's day of prayer comments not being carried by CNN.

So, so sad.

barton

« Reply #33608 on: May 07, 2020, 04:14:44 PM »

If the pandemic fails to wane seasonally as the weather warms, the study warns, the virus could undergo further mutations even as research organizations prepare the first medical treatments and vaccines. Without getting on top of the risk now, the effectiveness of vaccines could be limited.

Even if the new strain is no more dangerous than the others, it could still complicate efforts to bring the pandemic under control. That would be an issue if the mutation makes the virus so different from earlier strains that people who have immunity to them would not be immune to the new version.

If that is indeed the case, it could make “individuals susceptible to a second infection,” the study authors wrote.
\

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerged-more-contagious-than-original

Like Ricky Gervais,  I find myself wanting to carry a two meter stick with me at all times in public with which to poke idiots who violate the social distancing guidelines.   And they're usually the same dimwits who aren't wearing masks because FREEDOM!   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33609 on: May 07, 2020, 04:17:42 PM »

-Flynn (cont’d)

In court documents being filed Thursday, the Justice Department said it is dropping the case “after a considered review of all the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information.” The documents were obtained by The Associated Press.

The Department said it had concluded that Flynn’s interview by the FBI was “untethered to, and unjustified by, the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation into Mr. Flynn” and that the interview was “conducted without any legitimate investigative basis.”

The U.S. attorney reviewing the Flynn case, Jeff Jensen, recommended dropping the case to Attorney General William Barr last week and formalized the recommendation in a document this week.

barton

« Reply #33610 on: May 07, 2020, 04:20:04 PM »

The folks out livin' in Sweden ain't the ones dyin'

90% are over age 70

No one above the age of 70 is really living life?

Coming from someone who 100% was screaming "death panels!" at the ACA 10 years ago.

Nah.  Wasn't me.  Like you Negros, we ain't all alike.

And no.  The over 70 crowd isn't really represented in those out working and going to school in Sweden.

Lime and Needs answered this pretty well,  but I'd add that younger people sometimes live with older people.   Not everyone at retirement is shipped off to a BSL4 nursing home.   Dolt.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33611 on: May 07, 2020, 04:24:03 PM »

Oh, look - Flynn case DROPPED.  Imagine that.
Under Barr, the Justice Department has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Trump, Inc. Why would anyone be surprised?
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #33612 on: May 07, 2020, 04:26:56 PM »

CNN having a COW today over Trump not wearing a mask.

Don't read CNN but here's my thought:  you're a leader of a world power.   Masks promote some good hygiene and protection if everyone wears one.   Leaders, in times of crisis, try to set an example to people and show their confidence in the guidelines of health experts.   You're literally standing next to a bin with HUNDREDS OF MASKS.   And you're not wearing one or accepting one.   Let's see if we can think about this choice with some attempt at reason and objectivity, hmm?   

BTW:  I walked into a hardware store today (masks required)  and the PA system was playing "Danger Zone. "   
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:30:40 PM by barton »

barton

« Reply #33613 on: May 07, 2020, 04:34:00 PM »

Oh, look - Flynn case DROPPED.  Imagine that.
Under Barr, the Justice Department has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Trump, Inc. Why would anyone be surprised?

Trump has been openly corrupt.  And impeached.   And a laughingstock overseas.   And horribly mismanaged a crisis.   The poor little MAGA folk need a floating deck chair to cling to as the ship goes down.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #33614 on: May 07, 2020, 04:35:07 PM »

Flynn(Cont’d)

Michael Flynn was not the objective. He was the obstacle. Once you grasp that fundamental fact, it becomes easier to understand the latest disclosures the Justice Department made in the Flynn case on Thursday.
They are the most important revelations to date about the FBI’s Trump-Russia investigation, code-named Crossfire Hurricane.
The new disclosures, in conjunction with all we have learned in the last week, answer the all-important why question: Why was Flynn set up?
The answer to the what question has been clear for a long time: The FBI set a perjury trap for Flynn, hoping to lure him into misstatements that the bureau could portray as lies.

The objective of the Obama administration and its FBI hierarchy was to continue the Trump–Russia investigation, even after President Trump took office, and even though President Trump was the quarry. The investigation would hamstring Trump’s capacity to govern and reverse Obama policies. Continuing it would allow the FBI to keep digging until it finally came up with a crime or impeachable offense that they were then confident they would find. Remember, even then, the bureau was telling the FISA court that Trump’s campaign was suspected of collaborating in Russia’s election interference. FBI brass had also pushed for the intelligence community to include the Steele dossier — the bogus compendium of Trump–Russia collusion allegations — in its report assessing Russia’s meddling in the campaign.
But how could the FBI sustain an investigation targeting the president when the president would have the power to shut the investigation down?

The only way the bureau could pull that off would be to conceal from the president the fullness of the Russia investigation — in particular, the fact that Trump was the target.
That is why Flynn had to go.

Andrew McCarthy-National Review

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/05/fbi-set-up-michael-flynn-to-preserve-trump-russia-probe/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:39:02 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 2239 2240 [2241] 2242 2243 ... 4288