Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2251 2252 [2253] 2254 2255 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011006 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #33780 on: May 09, 2020, 12:29:43 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/politics/ken-buck-colorado-state-senate-election/index.html

More election fraud by the GOP, this time within its own party. I love some of the dialog:

"...I am able to tell you that only Central Committee members voted and the vote was 52% to 48% to adopt the Executive Committee report. Do you understand the order of the Executive Committee and the Central Committee, that you will submit the paperwork to include Mr. Stiver and Mr. Liston on the ballot with Mr. Liston receiving the top-line vote?" Buck asks in an April 17 conference call, according to audio first revealed by The Denver Post and obtained by CNN.

"Yes, sir, I understand. The Central Committee has adopted a vote that requires me to sign a false affidavit to the state," Bremer responded.

To which Buck replied, "And will you do so?"

"I will seek legal counsel because I am being asked to sign an affidavit that states Mr. Stiver received 30% of the vote. I need to seek legal counsel to find out if I am putting myself in jeopardy of a misdemeanor for doing that. I will consult with counsel," Bremer said.

Buck again asked: "And you understand that Central Committee has ordered you to do so?"

"Yes, sir. I understand the Central Committee has ordered me to sign an affidavit that states a candidate got 30% who did not and I will seek legal counsel to determine if I am able to legally follow that," Bremer reiterated.

Buck ended the back-and-forth with "All right, Mr. Bremer. I understand your position." Bremer ultimately did not submit the incorrect results.

Bremer repeatedly explained that he was being ordered to break the law and Buck agreed and agreed, persisting in asking if Bremer would do so.

He would not.

Neither would the judge who heard the case and agreed with Mr. Bremer's interpretation. U.S. Rep. Buck (R-CO) overstepped.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33781 on: May 09, 2020, 12:36:09 AM »

Gee, it looks like Trump retaliated against somebody... again:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/08/politics/richard-bright-removal-retaliation/index.html

More to the point, the agency in charge of investigating such things said Bright should be reinstated during the remainder of the investigation.

Fat chance Trump will do that. Instead, expect more retailiation firings.

(Cue Kid to chime in on Bright's failings.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33782 on: May 09, 2020, 12:49:48 AM »

"This is why the whole concept of tests aren't necessarily great. The tests are perfect, but something could happen."
~President Trump, undermining the efforts against COVID-19, yet again.

Why? Because he did not like the result that Katie Miller got.

Here she is, yesterday, not wearing a mask:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/05/08/katie-miller-coronavirus-pence-spokesperson-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

The president says that the people who serve him food have started wearing masks as of today - May 8th - only 35 days after the CDC finally came on board with that.

But the president himself is still not wearing one when he should, like visiting with the 96+ year old WWII vets. Why not? "I was very far away from them, we were very far away," he explained. "...Plus the wind was blowing so hard and in such a direction, if the plague ever reached them, I'd be very surprised. It could have reached me, too. You didn't worry about me. You only worried about them," he concluded with a teasing tone.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33783 on: May 09, 2020, 01:03:06 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33784 on: May 09, 2020, 01:10:57 AM »

Bars remained open.

Table service

Recommended distancing

You and Needs had a different picture - of a packed 4 deep at the bar gathering.

Nope.  Unless they werent adhering.

"Recommended" distancing, Kid. And even then not until the end of March, if I am not mistaken.

Recommended doesn't work. They staked their lives on it. And it failed.

WE didn't have the pictures. People in SWEDEN had the pictures.

April 11, in Stockholm:

April 5, Malmo:

April 4, Stockhom:

Exactly why they've had the thousands of deaths they've had.
Dumb herd immunity, very bad idea.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33785 on: May 09, 2020, 01:19:15 AM »

https://kvia.com/your-voice-your-vote/politics/2020/05/08/ivanka-trumps-personal-assistant-has-tested-positive-for-coronavirus/

Ivanka's personal assistant tested positive. But unlike Trump's valet or Pence's press secretary, she's been working from home for weeks.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33786 on: May 09, 2020, 01:23:29 AM »

At least 64 children in New York State [have] come down with what health officials are calling Pediatric Multi-System Inflammatory Syndrome Associated with COVID-19, or "Shock Syndrome."

Doctors in the U.K. first warned of the mysterious illness linked to exposure to COVID-19 in April. Cities across the country are reporting cases of the rare illness, from Boston to Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles.

Children's Hospital in Los Angeles reported three cases of PIMS, saying Thursday in a statement, "These patients tested positive for antibodies against SARS-Cov-2 virus (which causes COVID-19) but tested negative for the virus by RT-PCR," suggesting the inflammation is a "late response to a recent past infection with SARS-Cov-2."

About that whole reopening schools thing, folks...
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/year-rushed-hospital-due-mystery-illness-linked-covid/story?id=70568060&fbclid=IwAR2JJ7LSazMVWfmtZTYcMCxOjYksr3s3LQaGNGjgR_SHDZQP7nzYFy9AQL0

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33787 on: May 09, 2020, 02:28:10 AM »

http://twitter.com/hashtag/TrumpDepression

Trump admin cementing it’s place in history one decision at a time.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33788 on: May 09, 2020, 02:46:04 AM »

Barr’s fat thumb on the Flynn scale should trigger a complaint to the DOJ IG along with a civil suit for breach of public trust.

http://www.vox.com/2020/5/8/21251862/trump-fox-and-friends-interview-coronavirus-jobs-reports

Mueller should talk to trump now. He sounds ready to confess.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:28:10 AM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33789 on: May 09, 2020, 02:59:50 AM »

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/05/multiple-white-house-staffers-covid-19-trump-pence-meet-elderly.html

Someone should run a White House infection bingo to raise money for Covid relief charities.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33790 on: May 09, 2020, 03:25:24 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33791 on: May 09, 2020, 03:57:52 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/08/lockdown-groups-far-right-links-coronavirus-protests-american-revolution

Some very fucked up people are developing an angry idiot explosive device made up of different bits and pieces of movement organizing methodologies. They want to use it to blow up the whole country.

When you see trump elevate these assholes, remember that he is the gateway to a future America drowning in it’s own blood, your blood and mine.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #33792 on: May 09, 2020, 04:16:12 AM »

Not good news from the west wing.   I'm thinking of all the recent photos in the WH where no one's wearing a mask.   Or maintaining six feet of space.

Hopping on planes together to do photo ops was a bright move as well.

I've been saying for months (in the offline world) that it's mighty peculiar, and that I'd keep the P and VP away from each other during the epidemic.

So far it seems Trump is one lucky asshole that he hasn't contracted the virus.

I'm somewhat surprised folks accept that Trump, Pence and WH folks get tested everyday, when testing remains limited for average Americans, and even medical personnel in places.  Dems just can't generate the sustained outrage the Right is (in)famous for.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:51:32 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #33793 on: May 09, 2020, 08:10:32 AM »

Not good news from the west wing.   I'm thinking of all the recent photos in the WH where no one's wearing a mask.   Or maintaining six feet of space.

Hopping on planes together to do photo ops was a bright move as well.

I've been saying for months (in the offline world) that it's mighty peculiar, and that I'd keep the P and VP away from each other during the epidemic.

So far it seems Trump is one lucky asshole that he hasn't contracted the virus.

I'm somewhat surprised folks accept that Trump, Pence and WH folks get tested everyday, when testing remains limited for average Americans, and even medicla personnel in places.  Dems just can't generate the sustained outrage the Right is (in)famous for.

Daily testing and contact tracing, while Trump publicly dismisses testing as something that “makes us look weak” because he “likes the numbers where they are.”

I’ve said it before, he should be dragged out by his toes. But three years under Trump has normalized the notion that the federal government is there to serve himself and his cronies and no one else.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #33794 on: May 09, 2020, 08:29:06 AM »

Flynn’s  conversation with Kisylak was above board and perfectly legal.

LOL. Flynn lied about those conversation(s) so they are provably  not “above board.”  If undermining the foreign policy of the administration in power is totally legit, why lie about it?

And not legal either, if the calls were evidence that Flynn was acting for Russia. Which is why he was being asked those questions.

Now crawl back inside your tinfoil hat.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 08:40:25 AM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 2251 2252 [2253] 2254 2255 ... 4288