Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2357 2358 [2359] 2360 2361 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882912 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #35370 on: May 27, 2020, 07:21:51 PM »

And I agree with Knicks, if Biden gets elected he will have his choice of some really smart and dedicated people, experts in all fields, who truly want to make American great again, for all Amercians, after the past four years of dumbing down and destroying our democracy and reanscacking the treasury.

Cant wait to see the Cabinet

Again - good theatre

Would Joe be criticized if half the WH jobs went to folks from Dover?

That’s not how this works anymore.

This isn’t a matter of healing the government this gonna be a matter of staunching the bleeding.

When this nation is restored you’re not going to like it. The GOP has gotten its last bite st the apple.

But the won’t go quietly for as you see they are already in the process of leaving Sherman neckties in their wake.

Achtung bitches.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #35371 on: May 27, 2020, 07:25:24 PM »

And I agree with Knicks, if Biden gets elected he will have his choice of some really smart and dedicated people, experts in all fields, who truly want to make American great again, for all Amercians, after the past four years of dumbing down and destroying our democracy and reanscacking the treasury.

Cant wait to see the Cabinet

Again - good theatre

Would Joe be criticized if half the WH jobs went to folks from Dover?

Here's a heads up kid. The projected Biden cabinet will likely be characterized by some of your ilk as fully stocked with Deep-state Dems. And I imagine they'll likely be from over the country, not just Delaware or the Kennedy School. And hopefully have a sprinkling of a few decent Repubs to present a non-partisan patina.

I could see Mitt being offered something. He's a brilliant businessman and a half-decent pol with a little bit of maverick as he has no real future in a brain-dead wholly corrupted and diseased Repub party. He might view it as a patriotic way to help his country and rebuild a resume. And get the stink off of him.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35372 on: May 27, 2020, 07:25:34 PM »

France has banned the use of hydroxychloroquine.

Hey, Kid - are they being "led by the nose," too?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35373 on: May 27, 2020, 07:36:53 PM »

When this nation is restored you’re not going to like it. The GOP has gotten its last bite st the apple.

I will like the nation PLENTY if I can appreciate leadership and their actions. 

I was fine with the 8 Obama years, all told.  Didn't have to like the guy's jabber and swagger.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35374 on: May 27, 2020, 07:38:14 PM »

I could see Mitt being offered something.

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #35375 on: May 27, 2020, 07:46:35 PM »

Just 4% of black women, 26% of hispanic women and 32% non-white other race women voted for Trump 

BUT HE WAS RUNNING AGAINST A WOMAN!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 09:07:16 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #35377 on: May 27, 2020, 08:10:14 PM »

I will like the nation PLENTY if I can appreciate leadership and their actions. 

I was fine with the 8 Obama years, all told.  Didn't have to like the guy's jabber and swagger.

If everyone in leadership is white.

Like I said, you’re not going to like it because the GOP won’t be around to ratfuck the nation as they did under Obama.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35378 on: May 27, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »

Biden mostly a finger-in-the-wind pol.

Better than the staring-into-the-eclipse variety.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35379 on: May 27, 2020, 08:13:38 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/us/amy-cooper-central-park-call-police-trnd/index.html

Assholes

Nothing to say about the woman.

Nothing to say about Christian Cooper or his graciousness.

No surprise.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #35380 on: May 27, 2020, 08:35:20 PM »

I could see Mitt being offered something.

heh

I was thinking about Repubs with resumes who might serve in a Biden-Dem administration. Like Sen Cohen (R-Me) did as Clinton's Sec of Defense. Mitt came to mind. I also wondered about Kasich, he strikes me as a quasi-independent conservative, but at heart pretty conservative, and he might have some lucrative lobbying opportunities coming up. The always moderate Susan Collins might be looking for a job come January 2021, but she might be waiting on something Mitch McConnell promised her. She might wait a long time.

Lindsey Graham might be considered for a cabinet postion, but I heard he'd be prefer and be more comfortable a closet than a cabinet.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 08:37:33 PM by bankshot1 »

barton

« Reply #35381 on: May 27, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »

Except attention has been paid to VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES affectionately known as Uncle Joe, Wingman to the coolest motherfucker on the planet for 8 years.

It’s not about Biden it’s who we put around him.

For me that last sentence sums up the MO of Presidential politics in our time.   That's what they said about Trump in 2016.   It's how the GOP settled in with a manchild.  Our primary system sucks.   It usually fails to select the most qualified and visionary public servant.   Obama was a rare miracle, not the norm.

Mental forehead slap

The majority of white voters didn’t vote for Obama twice.

The majority never voted for him not once.

The Obama coalition is there, just not where you think it is.

It’s in the burns, where by the way, reside the majority of black people in America.

Which comment were you disagreeing with?  I  agree with you,  and am unsure how I gave impression I thought a majority of white voters turned out for him.   I meant "miracle" in the sense that the primary process worked and chose the best person for the job.  I miss him terribly. 

barton

« Reply #35382 on: May 27, 2020, 08:51:24 PM »

But the won’t go quietly for as you see they are already in the process of leaving Sherman neckties in their wake.

Achtung bitches.

Auto-correct is naughty   -- I'm guessing you meant Sicilian necktie...

barton

« Reply #35383 on: May 27, 2020, 08:54:45 PM »

France has banned the use of hydroxychloroquine.

Hey, Kid - are they being "led by the nose," too?!

I think that Lancet report last Friday was pretty much the last throe of that Trumpian fairy tale.   (and now Mr Iggy can see your question)

barton

« Reply #35384 on: May 27, 2020, 08:56:40 PM »

Lindsey Graham might be considered for a cabinet postion, but I heard he'd be prefer and be more comfortable a closet than a cabinet.

Heh

Secretary of Manatee Affairs?
Pages: 1 ... 2357 2358 [2359] 2360 2361 ... 4288