Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2578 2579 [2580] 2581 2582 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1993471 times)

Echo4

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38685 on: June 16, 2020, 10:18:52 PM »

We don't know.  The mayor of a city does not always know.

Sheriff usually does

Lawful, but awful best describes it.

"We don't know" was where you should have left it. This Sheriff is from a county 160 miles east of Atlanta and might well not know, either.

But we do know, Kid, and you would too had you bothered to look at it instead of pretending knowledge after admitting none.

"Employees will only use that force, which is reasonable and necessary to affect an arrest, prevent an escape, necessarily restrict the movement of a prisoner, defend the officer or another from physical assault, or to accomplish other lawful objectives."
"Neck restraints or carotid artery holds are not taught and are not approved for use by the department due to the potential for serious injury or death."

(On deadly force, the manual states an employee may only use it as noted below.)

"1. He or she reasonably believes that the suspect possesses a deadly weapon or any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury and when he or she reasonably believes that the suspect poses an immediate threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or others; or

2. When there is probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm (O.C.G.A. Section 17-4-20) and the employee reasonably believes that the suspect’s escape would create a continuing danger of serious physical harm to any person."

By the time he was shot he presented no immediate threat of serious bodily injury to anybody.

The manual, updated June 9, 2020.
https://www.atlantapd.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=3273

The case is quite unfortunate.  (I will again say)

You seem to have trouble with interpretation.

Well, Ward, your vagueness serves you ill. You claim that I have trouble with interpretation while providing no evidence of what I have misinterpreted.

Oh, wait - that was Kid?! Huh. You must be drinking the same crap as Ward does, Kid - making claims without substantiation.

Or as he would say, LOL!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38686 on: June 16, 2020, 10:20:31 PM »

By the time he was shot he presented no immediate threat of serious bodily injury to anybody.

Sounds like you wish to seriously overcharge this case.  Careful.

Who was threatened by an already discharged single-shot Taser handled by a drunk man?! Especially since as has been pointed out to you multiple times, the Taser is not deadly and there were two police officers present?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38687 on: June 16, 2020, 10:33:12 PM »

I just YouTubed 'Seattle'...up came the CHAZ.

"Meet the people in the autonomous zone".

So I did....expecting to encounter a brigade of big black men in fatigues, armed to the teeth.

What did I see?
A lot of people...most of them skinny White hippy girls straight out of 'Woodstock"!!!...toddlers in tow!

The guy with the machine gun at the gate is as White as me!

Looks more like a hippy convention than an armed takeover of America...White girls have stalls...toddlers running around.

Raz the local Black rapper ...he reportedly has an AK 47.
He didn't have it on camera.

He looks about as fearsome as the hippy girls.

"End America" in large chalk written on the road.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 10:54:34 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38688 on: June 16, 2020, 10:33:56 PM »

Kiid is defending pro-lynching and pro-apartheid positions. Reasonable arguments is too high a standard for that kind of work. All we can expect from Kiid is his usual repackaged slime.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38689 on: June 16, 2020, 10:37:23 PM »

Echo - you need further education

You are just swallowing and regurgitating, obviously from just one side.

A taser is a less lethal, not a non lethal weapon.

It is also obviously a method of incapacitation.  Cops arent taught to allow someone to incapacitate them.

Unfortunate case, I will say again.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38690 on: June 16, 2020, 10:38:15 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sheriff-alfonzo-williams-rayshard-brooks-shooting-justified

First of all, anyone come on tv in that jacket has no credibility and what’s worsenthe situation he described left out one important detail... THERE WERE TWO COPS! That bullshit about he could have been incapacitated and his weapon taken or have his head stomped is total bullshit.

He’s a cop and he’s toeing the thin Blue Line.

Y’all love trotting out your Stephens.

All skinfolk ain’t kinfolk, ya dig?
Hey, for all the cop knew Brooks might have known karate!. His hands might have been lethal weapons!
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38691 on: June 16, 2020, 10:39:40 PM »

Bambu - cooler heads are about to prevail in Seattle after Trump's threats to get involved.

Turn your attention to Portland.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38692 on: June 16, 2020, 10:43:53 PM »

USA Today op-ed re:  mail in voting

Democrats would flood the postal system with unused ballots and open the door for bad actors to manipulate the election.  Widespread voting by mail also risked severely delayed voting results... many states offer bloated rolls that include millions of ineligible voters; tabulation of ballots that takes weeks instead of hours; and with ballot harvesting. substantially increase the risk that ballots are coerced from voters, misdirected or completed fraudulently.  Until states bring their election systems up to date and make them secure, automatic vote by mail will continue to pose significant risks of election fraud, delay and lack of finality

- Harmeet Dillon
That none of the many states that allow mail in voting have experienced nothing like that kind of fraud and that mail in balloting has built in protection to stop that.is of no concern to those whose.goal is to keep people.away from the polls.

The delay and lack of finality could be solved by money. Oregon has not had that problem. Arizona has because we dont adequately fund elections.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #38693 on: June 16, 2020, 10:47:03 PM »

Bambu - cooler heads are about to prevail in Seattle after Trump's threats to get involved.

Trumps threat to get involved was toothless grandstanding and everyone knows it except you.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #38694 on: June 16, 2020, 10:56:44 PM »

Seattle is a love-in, man!
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38695 on: June 16, 2020, 10:58:46 PM »

Trumps threat to get involved was toothless grandstanding and everyone knows it except you.

Diplomacy is beautiful

Accomplishment without actually needing to act.

But like Senator Clyburn's refusal today to admit to any Trump-led positives for blacks (Bret Baer, FOX News today) - he wont be - and doesnt really need crediting by Dems

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38696 on: June 16, 2020, 11:11:12 PM »

It is also obviously a method of incapacitation.  Cops arent taught to allow someone to incapacitate them.

He had back up right there so your argument is bullshit.

You know how everyone drags up the victims background to prove he deserved getting killed?

Well, this murderous cop has a serious jacket.

He’s going over.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #38697 on: June 16, 2020, 11:12:36 PM »

You make it sound like cops go to war every shift... and that is the main part of the problem.

They do go to war every shift, don't they?

[Joke]

"Joke"

What do you say to a cop that has had too much to drink?

Let me call you ACAB.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38698 on: June 16, 2020, 11:13:04 PM »

He had back up right there so your argument is bullshit.

I am not arguing.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38699 on: June 16, 2020, 11:15:19 PM »

The "one side" that I have swallowed and regurgitated is the official position about Tasers, which is that they are non-lethal.

Batons and knees are also non-lethal. If Brooks had stolen a baton, would you still think killing him was justified?

Two cops who could not catch up to a drunk running suspect. One of them has his Taser drawn but cannot manage to hit the victim with it, the other of whom had already had it stolen from him, having failed to use it himself.

The deceased did not run toward any of the cars of which there were plenty. He presented no threat to anybody. And had they just let him walk to his sister's when he asked, none of this would have happened.

"Unfortunate" is one part of it. Lethal force when it was not necessary is the other. I don't need anybody's fucking crap to swallow, Kid. I can slow the damned video to a frame at a time and see the alleged "aiming" and see that the cop chose not to run toward the left in a way that would have made the drunk guy keep trying to spin. He CHOSE to go for lethal when he finally would have been close enough to tase effectively.

You keep thinking that I'm one dimensional. Go find your mirror cuz you think you see me when you see yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 2578 2579 [2580] 2581 2582 ... 4288