Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2584 2585 [2586] 2587 2588 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1866529 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38775 on: June 17, 2020, 05:23:05 PM »

After shooting Brooks, Rolfe said "I got him" and kicked Brooks, and Brosnan then stood on Brooks' shoulder, Howard said. The officers did not provide medical aid to Brooks for over two minutes after shooting him, Howard said.

One of Rolfe's gunshots also hit an occupied vehicle nearby in the Wendy's lot, endangering the passengers inside.

Brosnan has agreed to be a state's witness, Howard said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-wednesday/index.html

I think the failure to provide medical aid, if that is the case, is pretty damning.

DA performance was laughable

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38776 on: June 17, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »

Why is it that its the Republicans who have all the best anti-Trump commercials:

https://youtu.be/g5Xpwyd4aMM

Because when Democrats put the hammer on him like that the GOP will holler, the media will tut tut and moderate Democrats will whine how we should be better than them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 05:27:20 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38777 on: June 17, 2020, 05:26:03 PM »

Didnt you watch the video?

Eyewitnesses very unreliable

Video isn’t.

This ain’t Simi Valley.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38778 on: June 17, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »

After shooting Brooks, Rolfe said "I got him" and kicked Brooks, and Brosnan then stood on Brooks' shoulder, Howard said. The officers did not provide medical aid to Brooks for over two minutes after shooting him, Howard said.

One of Rolfe's gunshots also hit an occupied vehicle nearby in the Wendy's lot, endangering the passengers inside.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-wednesday/index.html

I think the failure to provide medical aid, if that is the case, is pretty damning.

Absolutely.

Have they caught the arsonists, yet, btw? Anyone know?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38779 on: June 17, 2020, 05:27:29 PM »

Absolutely.

heh

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38780 on: June 17, 2020, 05:30:50 PM »

Absolutely.

Nope.

But...

https://www.newsweek.com/atlanta-wendys-arsonist-may-white-woman-police-photos-video-suggest-1510797

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38781 on: June 17, 2020, 05:34:41 PM »

Yeah. That’s why the second cop rolled.

The DA wrapped this case in a bow.

Evidence - videos video videos
Testimony - fellows whose car caught around. Witnesses (plural) plus THE SECOND COP.

Thin Blue Line is fraying.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38782 on: June 17, 2020, 05:58:32 PM »

kiidcarter8 claims to be unconvinced by the Black man charging the white police officer for murder after he shot a Black man in the back two times.

We will have the rest of this shocking story at the top of the hour.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38783 on: June 17, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »

Good luck

Try not to get upset.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38784 on: June 17, 2020, 05:59:49 PM »

On a completely different subject, my kid’s photo is in the Times!

It’s not a hopeful story about but that’s Bear Bellinger in the driver’s seat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/theater/children-theater-diversity.html?fbclid=IwAR2ondDf9k9VIB4jhLLSuoGPiHHaVidKl_yxq3M1ee5b0r35pM0JYyovqg8

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38785 on: June 17, 2020, 06:01:12 PM »

Good luck

Try not to get upset.

I bet that black sheriff is regretting his interview...

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38786 on: June 17, 2020, 06:02:11 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/us/politics/bolton-book-trump-impeached.html

Mr. Bolton describes several episodes where the president expressed willingness to halt criminal investigations “to, in effect, give personal favors to dictators he liked,” citing cases involving major firms in China and Turkey. “The pattern looked like obstruction of justice as a way of life, which we couldn’t accept,” Mr. Bolton writes, adding that he reported his concerns to Attorney General William P. Barr.

...who then did what with those reported criminal concerns?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #38787 on: June 17, 2020, 06:03:05 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/theater/children-theater-diversity.html?fbclid=IwAR2ondDf9k9VIB4jhLLSuoGPiHHaVidKl_yxq3M1ee5b0r35pM0JYyovqg8

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38788 on: June 17, 2020, 06:24:55 PM »

barton

« Reply #38789 on: June 17, 2020, 06:29:08 PM »

When my son was little,  we sometimes called him Bear,  because his name means bear in Welsh and there was this bear vibe in the way he explored and got into things.   Anyway, great pic,  thanks for sharing. 
Pages: 1 ... 2584 2585 [2586] 2587 2588 ... 4288