Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2585 2586 [2587] 2588 2589 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1866557 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #38790 on: June 17, 2020, 06:32:13 PM »

Good luck

Try not to get upset.

I bet that black sheriff is regretting his interview...

He's not on an island with his opinion

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38791 on: June 17, 2020, 06:45:45 PM »

After shooting Brooks, Rolfe said "I got him" and kicked Brooks, and Brosnan then stood on Brooks' shoulder, Howard said. The officers did not provide medical aid to Brooks for over two minutes after shooting him, Howard said.

One of Rolfe's gunshots also hit an occupied vehicle nearby in the Wendy's lot, endangering the passengers inside.

Brosnan has agreed to be a state's witness, Howard said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-shooting-wednesday/index.html

I think the failure to provide medical aid, if that is the case, is pretty damning.

Absolutely.

Have they caught the arsonists, yet, btw? Anyone know?

Nope.

But...

https://www.newsweek.com/atlanta-wendys-arsonist-may-white-woman-police-photos-video-suggest-1510797

Saw that. And this.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/new-photos-released-find-women-accused-starting-wendys-fire-during-protests/ZYFTU2DABRCDDHSDJQOBIGDBXM/
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #38792 on: June 17, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »

On a completely different subject, my kid’s photo is in the Times!

It’s not a hopeful story about but that’s Bear Bellinger in the driver’s seat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/theater/children-theater-diversity.html?fbclid=IwAR2ondDf9k9VIB4jhLLSuoGPiHHaVidKl_yxq3M1ee5b0r35pM0JYyovqg8

Congrats. That's pretty cool.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38793 on: June 17, 2020, 07:13:30 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38795 on: June 17, 2020, 07:18:25 PM »

On a completely different subject, my kid’s photo is in the Times!

It’s not a hopeful story about but that’s Bear Bellinger in the driver’s seat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/theater/children-theater-diversity.html?fbclid=IwAR2ondDf9k9VIB4jhLLSuoGPiHHaVidKl_yxq3M1ee5b0r35pM0JYyovqg8

I think there is good reason to expect more stories with diverse writers and casts springing from this period and, with good fortune and hard work, its aftermath.

Good story, shared, and great picture!

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38797 on: June 17, 2020, 07:50:39 PM »

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38798 on: June 17, 2020, 07:52:31 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #38799 on: June 17, 2020, 07:55:16 PM »

DA performance was laughable

kiidcarter8 claims to be unconvinced by the Black man charging the white police officer for murder after he shot a Black man in the back two times.

We will have the rest of this shocking story at the top of the hour.
Rest of story has confusing elements.
DA is under investigation for corruption and is in tough runoff election in August.
There is no charge of anything until it is levied by a grand jury.
Prosecutorial overcharging is common to hedge bets for any conviction or plea bargain
Despite  Elbian views that a taser is not a lethal weapon keep in mind it emits 50,000 volts of electricity or more than enough to stop an elephant.
A tasered cop can easily be relieved of his gun
Thanks to the efforts of MADD (which began 45 years ago) driving drunk is an offense police have no leeway. No warnings allowed. Offenders are charged, period! No exceptions.
Fight it out in court.  (Even if you were just asleep in the car)

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38800 on: June 17, 2020, 08:10:02 PM »

Despite  Elbian views that a taser is not a lethal weapon

It's not "Elbian views." That's been its technical description from the US DoD. Taser these days refers to it as "less lethal," because misuse exists.

While they are not technically considered lethal, some authorities and non-governmental organizations question both the degree of safety presented by the weapon and the ethical implications of using a weapon that some, such as sections of Amnesty International, allege is inhumane. As a consequence, Amnesty International Canada and other civil liberties organizations have argued that a moratorium should be placed on Taser use until research can determine a way for them to be safely used.[9] Amnesty International has documented over 500 deaths that occurred after the use of Tasers.[23] Police sources question whether the Taser was the actual cause of death in those cases, as many of the deaths occurred in people with serious medical conditions and/or severe drug intoxication, often to the point of excited delirium.

You want to argue with Wikipedia, knock yourself out, Ward and Kid. I didn't write this - so go ahead and edit it. I think it may well still be one degree of murder or another.

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38801 on: June 17, 2020, 08:13:06 PM »

Donald Trump on coronavirus: "If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases, if any."

Nicholas Kristof (Pulitzer Prize winning journalist) ~ “And if we stop issuing death certificates, Americans would live forever.”

Or as a friend wrote, "And if I stopped weighing myself, nobody would know I was pudgy, including me."

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38802 on: June 17, 2020, 08:16:51 PM »

As Texas reopens, coronavirus cases are increasing while testing misses benchmarks
Texas has seen a modest but steady increase in the growth of new coronavirus cases in the two weeks since some businesses reopened at 25% capacity. Gov. Greg Abbott sees hope in other metrics.

BY EDGAR WALTERS AND CARLA ASTUDILLO MAY 15, 2020

6/17/20: just weeks after reopening... can you imagine?

"Texas, Arizona and Florida all reported the highest single-day increases in coronavirus cases on Tuesday."

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #38803 on: June 17, 2020, 08:26:58 PM »

DA performance was laughable

kiidcarter8 claims to be unconvinced by the Black man charging the white police officer for murder after he shot a Black man in the back two times.

We will have the rest of this shocking story at the top of the hour.
Rest of story has confusing elements.
DA is under investigation for corruption and is in tough runoff election in August.
There is no charge of anything until it is levied by a grand jury.
Prosecutorial overcharging is common to hedge bets for any conviction or plea bargain
Despite  Elbian views that a taser is not a lethal weapon keep in mind it emits 50,000 volts of electricity or more than enough to stop an elephant.
A tasered cop can easily be relieved of his gun
Thanks to the efforts of MADD (which began 45 years ago) driving drunk is an offense police have no leeway. No warnings allowed. Offenders are charged, period! No exceptions.
Fight it out in court.  (Even if you were just asleep in the car)

All that to say the motherfucker is going to jail. Election be damned.

A tasered cop had a partner so stop that stupid shit.

How many college kids get sent to jail because they were sleeping off a high in a parking lot?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 08:31:29 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Echo4

• View Profile
« Reply #38804 on: June 17, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/atlanta-megachurch-pastor-apologizes-saying-202816081.html

Instead of "white privilege," call it "White Blessing."

And acknowledge the blessing that was slavery.
Pages: 1 ... 2585 2586 [2587] 2588 2589 ... 4288